Team-BHP - Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/32461-bangalore-kasaragod-route-queries-3.html)

hi
latest update. last week i was in bekal fort.
regarding roads,
mysore to iritty is really good via makutta.
from iritty bridge onawards upto taliparamba is managable, but from there on on the NH, the road is horrible and as many have suggested, litreally undrivable.
i felt, a train would have been more enjoyable than painful driving.
also, finally, i felt rather disappointed at overall kasargod experience as, the house boat operated by BRDC was not that good ( and very expensive too) and food at nalanda was a let down and not to forget the heavy traffic noise just outside.
the road from nileshwar to bagamandala is there , but again same horrible condition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutmello (Post 2094336)
hi
latest update. last week i was in bekal fort.
regarding roads,
mysore to iritty is really good via makutta.
from iritty bridge onawards upto taliparamba is managable, but from there on on the NH, the road is horrible and as many have suggested, litreally undrivable.
i felt, a train would have been more enjoyable than painful driving.
also, finally, i felt rather disappointed at overall kasargod experience as, the house boat operated by BRDC was not that good ( and very expensive too) and food at nalanda was a let down and not to forget the heavy traffic noise just outside.
the road from nileshwar to bagamandala is there , but again same horrible condition.

@nutmello, I fear you travelled via Kannur from Iritty..right...?? and probably your NH experience is just after Kannur and at Karivellur (could be)..is it? You don't need to touch the Iritty bridge to go to Thalipparamba.

The Iritty - Srikantapuram - Thaliparamaba - Payannur road is very good and has smooth surface.

Sad to see that the food at Nalanda was a let down for you. For me, it was always good. I had lunch from there many a times. But if you cross 1PM, then don't expect the regular fish curry meals.

Thanks
Rajesh

Can anyone update the current conditions of these routes?
I think Bangalore-Kasargod by road is becoming so difficult.

Is going Via Mangalore better option?
How about those roads?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker (Post 2297008)
Can anyone update the current conditions of these routes?
I think Bangalore-Kasargod by road is becoming so difficult.

How about those roads?

I did the following route in Oct:
Bangalore-Sakaleshpur-Gundya-Kukke-Sullia/Jalsoor-Kasargod.

All the stretches except Shiradi was good and now Shiradi also seem to be good as per other threads. Kukke-Sullia is single, but good road. Jalsoor-Kasargod was in very good condition.

You can try Mangalore route too. But would run into NH17 traffic. If you decide to go via Mangalore, take the short-cut before BC Road to University via Infosys and land near Ullal on NH17, this should save good time.

Prasad

Quote:

Can anyone update the current conditions of these routes? I think Bangalore-Kasargod by road is becoming so difficult.

Had been to Kasargod on Mar 5th. With Sampaje ghat closed, the shortest route would be Shiradi ghat - Kalladka - vittla - perla - Badiadka - Kasargod. except for the narrow vittla - perla stretch (19km), all roads are good.

Yes, kukke - jalsoor - mulleria and Uppinangadi - vittla - perla routes are also drivable, but you minimise the stretch of narrow roads when you drive on kalladka - perla route.

more details on our drive :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2270786

Quote:

How about those roads?

Quote:

Originally Posted by prasad14 (Post 2297156)
You can try Mangalore route too. But would run into NH17 traffic. If you decide to go via Mangalore, take the short-cut before BC Road to University via Infosys and land near Ullal on NH17, this should save good time.

Yes, a longer but faster option. NH17 from Mangalore to Kasargod is in good condition ( mixture of patched up and newly asphalted road ). As prasad suggests, you could avoid BC road - Mangalore ( pumpwell ) stretch by driving on the Konaje route from Pane mangaluru to Thokottu on NH17.

For going to Bekal Fort from Bangalore my preference is Bangalore - Madikeri - Bhagamandala - Panathur - Kanhangad - Bekal. As of now the road condition is good and this is the shortest of all.

If you going to Kasargod, my suggestion will be Uppinangadi - Puttur - Vittala - Cherkala - Kasargod.

Thanks
Rajesh

Quote:

Originally Posted by RajeshK (Post 2297824)
For going to Bekal Fort from Bangalore my preference is Bangalore - Madikeri - Bhagamandala - Panathur - Kanhangad - Bekal. As of now the road condition is good and this is the shortest of all.

If you going to Kasargod, my suggestion will be Uppinangadi - Puttur - Vittala - Cherkala - Kasargod.

Thanks
Rajesh

My intention is to reach Kasaragod town.
What about going direct to Taliparamba from Iritty? (after taking regular gonikkoppa-virajpet-iritti road).

Is that road good? I hope NH17 between Taliparamba--Kasaragod is in good condition.

Thanks Prasad ,roaming for your suggestions.

I'll prefer good roads,as its only one person is driving, than short routes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker (Post 2298142)
My intention is to reach Kasaragod town.
What about going direct to Taliparamba from Iritty? (after taking regular gonikkoppa-virajpet-iritti road).

Is that road good? I hope NH17 between Taliparamba--Kasaragod is in good condition.

Thanks Prasad ,roaming for your suggestions.

I'll prefer good roads,as its only one person is driving, than short routes.

Refer this link -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2293976 for update till Iritty.

Iritty - Thalipparamba -> Very good ~1hr
Thalippramba - Nileswar (NH17) -> Very good ~35mts

Beyond Nileswar (NH17), I haven't travelled recently, but hope road is relaid after the last mansoon.

Thanks
Rajesh

Hi Guys,

Bumping up this thread. Anyone who can help me with the best route to take to kasargod for this weekend? Hear that the Shiradi Ghat is gone. Any updates on the madikeri -sullia route?

Have to decide between driving down or taking the bus.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Statement (Post 3225241)
Hi Guys,

Bumping up this thread. Anyone who can help me with the best route to take to kasargod for this weekend? Hear that the Shiradi Ghat is gone. Any updates on the madikeri -sullia route?

Have to decide between driving down or taking the bus.

Thanks.

A close friend went to coorg this weekend and mentioned that the madikeri-sulia route (about 45 kms stretch) is virtually non existent. even before the rains, the roads were bad and he was saying that now only one side of the road is even visible and even that is really bad. Whoever is driving on this stretch, please be careful

Quote:

Originally Posted by Statement (Post 3225241)
Any updates on the madikeri -sullia route?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLN (Post 3258331)
A close friend went to coorg this weekend and mentioned that the madikeri-sulia route (about 45 kms stretch) is virtually non existent.

Since Madikeri-Sullia is bad, you may want to consider Madikeri-Bhagamandala-Panathur-Kanhangad route which is being recommended for folks going to Bekal. Details in the Bekal thread.
And also Bangalore-Channarayapatna-Arkalgud-Somawarapet-Madikeri.

Is the Madikeri Sullia route that bad? It looks like even the alternate route is pretty long. How about the route via Mangalore? Can anyone who has taken the Mangalore route or Bhagamandala - Kanjangad route recently comment on this? Thanks.

All,
I am planning to go to Nileshwar during last week of December. I am planning Bangalore-Hassan-Sakileshpur-subramanya-Suliya-Kanhangad.
Please let me know the road condition.
Thanks in advance.

I went to Kumbla last week. The route I took was Bangalore -> Hassan -> Sakleshpur -> Puttur -> Manjeshwar -> Hosangadi -> Kumbla. Most of the stretch from Sakleshpur to Puttur is in very bad condition and has to be driven at crawling speeds. Road from Puttur to Hosangadi is mostly narrow (they are working on widening it), but in pretty good condition. Also, I saw that there were people at work on some sections of the road, and some sections have been filled up. So, hopefully, in another month it should be good again.

Just did this route -
Bangalore - Hasan - Sakleshpur - Gundya - Kukke - Jalsur - Cherkala - Kanhangad(Kasargod). The route is in quite good condition through out except for about 300 odd metres from Jalsur to Kukke where concretization is being done. Please avoid the route suggested by google maps. The Thekil-Allety route is almost non existant and cant be done on a 4 wheeler as of now. The other route Sulia-Panathur is also in very bad condition.