Team-BHP - Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/32461-bangalore-kasaragod-route-queries-8.html)

Hello NPV and Sandsun7,

I will be leaving from Mysore and want to skip Kukke. Find below my tentative time plan

Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries-untitled.png

Day 1:
Breakfast stop will be at Sulya
Lunch - some good restaurants between Bekal and Nileshwar?

Day 2:
Lunch - good restaurants in Kozhikode bypass??

Day 3:
Guruvayoor - Athirappilly - Valparai

Day 4:
Valparai - Palladam - Sathyamangalam - Mysore

I am planning this small circuit either in March end or April on some continuous holidays. How will be an April visit to these places??

Regards,
P21

Quote:

Originally Posted by P21 (Post 3916818)
Hello NPV and Sandsun7,

I am planning this small circuit either in March end or April on some continuous holidays. How will be an April visit to these places??

Regards,
P21

Looks OK to me.
You could plan to visit St Angelo fort on the way from Nileshwar to your home stay. Evening is the best time to be at St. Angelo and you could also enjoy the light and sound show at the fort. (yet to be inaugurated, expected to be done in another 2 weeks).

There are a few hotels on the bypass, but don't really remember the names. No problems in finding one if you are a Non vegetarian. For vegetarians, choice is extremely limited.
There is one close to the end of bypass (ramanattukara) which looked new and good. Bhpian Rajeevraj would be able to suggest the best one.

April - peak summer in Kerala- Very hot n humid!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by P21 (Post 3916818)
Day 1:
Breakfast stop will be at Sulya
Lunch - some good restaurants between Bekal and Nileshwar?

You can stop over at Nalanda Resorts(http://www.nalandaresort.com/) for lunch. It is just before Nileshwar town(on the right-side of the highway;around 1-2 kms from the second tolled railway over-bridge after Bekal Fort). It is hard to miss because it's located bang on the riverside.

Couple of things to note:
- Bekal Fort can be very sunny and hot at this time of the year and there are limited options to rest in shade - be prepared to carry enough water, umbrellas etc.
- Bekal Fort to Nileshwar can take a little longer than 30 minutes due to road construction activity and dense traffic.

Folks

I have planned a trip to Kasargod in the 3rd week of May 2017 with my family (Wife and 2 Kids). From Bommanahalli in Bangalore which is the best route considering the road condition.
Also are there any good options to break for food.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suresh_gs (Post 4180393)
I have planned a trip to Kasargod in the 3rd week of May 2017 with my family (Wife and 2 Kids). From Bommanahalli in Bangalore which is the best route considering the road condition.
Also are there any good options to break for food.

Routes via Shiradi-Kukke and Sullia-Somwarpet (Sampaje ghat) are good so you could try one onwards and one for return. There are other variants of these routes but I'm limiting to the ones I've taken in the past.
*Shiradi has been patched up recently, so no worries.

Assuming you take Shiradi route onwards and Sampaje for return:

Shiradi route -> Bangalore-Nelamangala-Hassan (bypass)-Sakleshpur-Gundya-Kukke-Jalsoor-Cherkala-Kasargod

Sampaje route -> Kasargod-Cherkala-Sullia-Madikeri-Somwarpet-Shanivarasanthe-Arkalgud-Holenarasipura-CR Patna-Nelamangala-Bangalore

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 4180417)

Shiradi route -> Bangalore-Nelamangala-Hassan (bypass)-Sakleshpur-Gundya-Kukke-Jalsoor-Cherkala-Kasargod

Sampaje route -> Kasargod-Cherkala-Sullia-Madikeri-Somwarpet-Shanivarasanthe-Arkalgud-Holenarasipura-CR Patna-Nelamangala-Bangalore

This is good if you are travelling to Kasaragod or northern side of it. But if you are travelling to southern part of Kasaragode district, better to take Bangalore - Srirangaptna - Hunsur - Gonikoppal - Irikkur - Sreekantapuram - Payyanur - and enter in to Kasargode district.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 4180417)
Routes via Shiradi-Kukke and Sullia-Somwarpet (Sampaje ghat) are good so you could try one onwards and one for return. There are other variants of these routes but I'm limiting to the ones I've taken in the past.
*Shiradi has been patched up recently, so no worries.

Assuming you take Shiradi route onwards and Sampaje for return:

I have booked my stay at Hotel Raj Residency Kanhangad. I will be travelling on 17th of this month. Is the route via Srirangapatna, Hunsur, Gonikoppal,Iritty, Taliparamba, Payyanur and Nileshwar the best route in terms of road condition and options to break for food.
If not which will be the best route considering the above 2 factors ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by suresh_gs (Post 4192074)
I have booked my stay at Hotel Raj Residency Kanhangad. I will be travelling on 17th of this month. Is the route via Srirangapatna, Hunsur, Gonikoppal,Iritty, Taliparamba, Payyanur and Nileshwar the best route in terms of road condition and options to break for food.

I haven't taken that route, so unable to comment.

The Hassan-Kukke-Cherkala route to Kasaragod is decent in terms of roads but food options are more between Banglore-Sakleshpur (several), Vijay Comforts in Kukke and after that hardly any places, probably some near Bekal. For us, it wasn't a problem as we reached our hotel in Bekal by lunch time.

Folks,

For my Kanhangad trip, I have finalized the below route. For breakfast I can stop close to Maddur. Are there any good hotels to break for lunch once I cross Hunsur. How are the road conditions shown in the map from Srirangapatna onwards

Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries-onward.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by suresh_gs (Post 4196785)
Folks,

For my Kanhangad trip, I have finalized the below route. For breakfast I can stop close to Maddur. Are there any good hotels to break for lunch once I cross Hunsur. How are the road conditions shown in the map from Srirangapatna onwards

Attachment 1637794

Suresh,

This route (Srirangapatna - eliwala - Hunsur - Gonikoppal- Koottupuzha - Irikkur - Srikantapuram - Payyanur) is my regular route to my hometown at Payyanur... what time you are starting... if you have breakfast at Maddur, you will reach inside Kerala for lunch, mostly before Iritty (you don't need to go to Iritty town, take straight instead going on the bridge).

You can PM me if you need any specific information..

Thanks
Rajesh

I will be heading to Nileshwaram,Kasargod the coming week for a much needed vacation. The last time I traveled to Kasargod , I used the Blr--Mys--Kushalnagar--Madikeri--Suliya--Jaloor--Cherkala--Kasargod route.

Anyone drove this section quite recently or is it advisable to travel via Sakleshpur--Gundya--Mangalore--Kasargod ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 4200609)
I will be heading to Nileshwaram,Kasargod the coming week for a much needed vacation. The last time I traveled to Kasargod , I used the Blr--Mys--Kushalnagar--Madikeri--Suliya--Jaloor--Cherkala--Kasargod route.

Anyone drove this section quite recently or is it advisable to travel via Sakleshpur--Gundya--Mangalore--Kasargod ?

If Nileswaram is your destination, I would suggest
1. Hunsur - Gonikoppal - Irikkur - Payyanur - Nileswaram route or
2. Madikeri - bhagamandala - Panathur - Kanhangad route.

In the second route, Bhagamandala - Panathur is good forest area and little narrow roads, roads may not be so smooth too.

But in the route 1, road condition is smooth and superb, but more twist and turns after you enter in the forest area till you reach Thalipparamba.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 4200609)

I just returned back from the trip to Kanhangad last week. For the onward journey, I went via Mysore road, KRS road, Hunsur, Gonikoppal, Makuta, Irikkur, Sreekandapuram and Taliparamba
For the return journey, I came via Ranipuram, Panathoor, Bhagamandala, Madikeri, Hunsur and Mysore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suresh_gs (Post 4202600)
I just returned back from the trip to Kanhangad last week. For the onward journey, I went via Mysore road, KRS road, Hunsur, Gonikoppal, Makuta, Irikkur, Sreekandapuram and Taliparamba
For the return journey, I came via Ranipuram, Panathoor, Bhagamandala, Madikeri, Hunsur and Mysore.

How's the current condition of Ranipuram-Panathoor- Bhagamandala-Madikeri stretch? Especially the roads through the reserve forest?

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinjosep (Post 4202605)
How's the current condition of Ranipuram-Panathoor- Bhagamandala-Madikeri stretch? Especially the roads through the reserve forest?

Thanks.

Till Panathoor, the roads are good by and large. I noticed some road construction work going on close to the KL-KA border. The forest route from Panathoor till Bhagamandala is good in sections. We do have some sections where the road surface is rough due to the absence of tar but the forest route is very much doable by car. No issues.