Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2017, 01:10   #31
BHPian

Re: Going to Ladakh via Tour operator? Pls read this first

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Came across this & sharing with few excerpts...
Thanks for sharing this. Sad to hear the ordeal of the person who wrote this, they have been cheated big time. Most of the package tours usually demand anything between 50-70% advance to reserve the bookings. This is the reason I absolutely hate tour packages and would like to do my own research and book destinations but for single traveler this is a more safe and cost effective way to explore unknown places.

The group should have done proper research on the tour company before paying them anything. They did not find any reviews online in this connected world and paid after feeling that the their website and facebook page was authentic. But happy to see the group came back safe from the extreme weather without proper facilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I'd never recommend putting a tour operator in charge your itinerary...
Totally agree with you!! The main reason people opt for a tour operator is an organised trip without much hassles. Planning the tour on your own does take some effort, but it helps us a lot and it is fun too. Nowadays there are so many resources to plan things out on your own.
jayantvs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 09:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Going to Ladakh via Tour operator? Pls read this first

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Came across this & sharing with few excerpts...

Read full article here - http://www.clickingphotos.com/2017/0...urned.html?m=1
Part 2 blog - The nightmare intensifies further after returning from Ladakh. It's certainly (not so good) a memorable trip for those 17 of them. From the blog it appears the FM group has been shut down, Chandini has been hospitalized near Nepal border some travel to Varanasi, FIR filed; lots of confusions.

After reading such blogs, I trust none more than community friends in HVKFF, Team-Bhp, xBhp etc. No more travel agents!! If you gotta travel, do the home work completely by taking assistance from community!! Period!!

Source - http://www.clickingphotos.com/2017/0...rther.html?m=1
Old 5th September 2020, 09:54   #33
BHPian

Reviews of travel/trekking agents

Hi Friends,

I was planning for a trip to Pangong Tsu next summer. Had gone through several travelogues and expedition websites. However, all the web sites only boast about their services which does not give a true picture of what they offer.
Though, I prefer to plan for myself for the trips, few prefer travel agents for thier own personal reasons.
Also, not everyone may post a travelogue detailing the entire itinery, so I thought to have a dedicated thread on our forum for posting their crisp reviews about travel/trekking agents.
Review may have below points:
  1. Travel/Trek agent name
  2. Their website
  3. Place of travel
  4. Dates of visit
  5. Price charged by the agent
  6. Mode of expedition (Bike/Car)
  7. Crisp Review
  8. Recommended to others (Yes/No)
  9. Any special remarks to be noted

Please feel free to add more points in case I have missed any.
Hope this thread would be helpful. Please pour in your reviews.
Please note that this thread is not dedicated just for trips to Pangong Tsu.

Last edited by coolmind : 5th September 2020 at 09:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks