Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2008, 07:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
akroy...I wasn't over speeding, may be I was doing 80-100. I went over few huge potholes. Corolla's dampers aren't that good...they get busted quite easily. Anyways I plan to replace my stock suspension setup with after market ones soon...so not an issue.
Ok OK Sorry, Confusion cleared from my side.Should have seen the date.

Actually my friend did returned from Kodai last sunday and did i pretty fast although not crosing 80-90kmph. He faced 4 lanes till Karur and not many construction glitches.

Abhi
Old 7th March 2008, 09:08   #17
BHPian

Thanks

Thanks novice,csenthil and akroy...
Old 10th March 2008, 14:58   #18
BHPian

Update

I travelled on this road last weekend till Karur
From Kgiri to Thoppur now you have the 2 lanes of new road most of the time. The old road is closed and under construction. You need to take deviations every now and then. But over all the road is in much better condition compared to 3 months back.

From Thoppur to Salem same state except few kms of old stretch which has some rough patch, no potholes though.

From Salem to Namakkal is still in the bad conditions with a slight improvement in few places (many pot holes are closed)

From Namakkal to Karur you are always on the new road. You have to watchout of close to 90 Deg turns to take the deviations without any slope.

While coming back took Bhavani - Mettur - Thoppur. This road is also in good shape except few kms rough patches.

Over all the roads are great compared to Dec07.
Old 7th December 2011, 22:48   #19
BHPian

Re: Update

How is the present road condition between Madurai and Cutralam via Rajapalayam? I'm planning a drive in two days.
Old 8th December 2011, 11:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Re: Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
How is the present road condition between Madurai and Cutralam via Rajapalayam? I'm planning a drive in two days.
Very good, no problems, turn off at Tirumangalam and go via Srivilliputtur (yummy Palgovas!), Rajapalayam & Tenkasi to Kuttalam.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 22:13   #21
BHPian

I did this route last week end. Madurai Rajapalayam stretch was average but Rajapalayam Cutralam was good. And as hvkumar said, palkovas was really yummy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks