Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2008, 09:40   #1
BHPian

Required information about T. Narasipura temples?

Hi all,
I recently saw quite good/interesting temples on TV in T. Narasipura near Bangalore. Planning to visit those places. The name of the temples was quoted as below:
1. One in Yentra prasne ganapati temple in Grageshwari grama in T narasipura.
2. Another temple called as Agasteshswara temple in T narasipura.

Guys, please provide information (or if anyone has travelled here before) on how to get to these temples(route guide) and any other information regarding good hotels are also welcome.

Thanks,
Ramki.

Last edited by ramki067 : 12th February 2008 at 09:52.
Old 12th February 2008, 10:30   #2
rkg
Senior - BHPian

i think T Narsipur is on the way to kolar .
Old 12th February 2008, 13:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
No I think it is near Talakkad...If I remember correctly, there is a road from Talakkad which goes to T. Narsipura (probably 20-25odd kms from there)

Infact I also saw a similar road sign in Mysore (on the start of Mysore - Malavalli stretch), I think T. Narsipura is another 25-30km from Mysore as well

I dont have the map at the moment, will check it in evening and update if there is any change.

Abhi
Old 12th February 2008, 13:41   #4
BHPian

Ok.. here goes the route.

Route 1 : Take Bangalore - Mysore Road, After maddur bus stand, you will find a deviation towards Malavalli, take that route & reach malavalli. After Malavalli circle around half a kilometers you will find a Govt. school on the right, take a right & from there it is around 25 kms to T. Narsipura. You can ask locals there, they will guide you. ( The roads are bad from Malavalli to Narsipura, SUV's can manage, not the low seating cars )

Route 2 : Reach Mysore, & then Lalit Mahal, next to lalit mahal there is a road, which reaches to T Narsipura, its around 25 kms from Mysore. ( The roads are good )

There are no good hotels in Narsipura, its only the local small canteens. Food is ok in these hotels, but prefer you carry some.

There are lots of Temples in Narsipura, first you reach the Sri Narasimha swamy temple in Narsipura town, there you check with local people or the temple priest,
they will guide you. Carry extra clothes also, there is Cauvery river flowing, you can take bath or play in water. The water depth in less than 2 ft in couple of selected places.

From Narsipura, you can also go to MM Hills, which is around 120 kms, you have good hotels to stay in MM Hills. The road is also Very Good. Last time ( 30th Jan ) we took around 1.5 - 2 hrs to reach MM hills. We used Tata Safari for that tour.

Any doubts you can message me. Use mapmyindia.com, it has a route map. But it shows Malavalli - kollegal - Narsipura route, which means you need to come back from Kollegal, which is not necessary, you can take a right near malavalli.

I have done the Malavalli route more than 10-15 times, but i Mysore route is the best.

Regards
Deepak

Last edited by kdeepakk : 12th February 2008 at 13:44.
Old 12th February 2008, 13:55   #5
BHPian

Thank you very much deepak and akroy.

@deepak... as i have a WagonR, Mysore road is the best for my car it seems!

This Yentra prasne ganapati temple has ganapati idol which as shown on TV, can be lifted only if you think of a wish and if its going to happen then you can lift this idol easily or else it cannot be. This idol as said weighs 5KG approx. So, planning with my parents to go and have a visit . Deepak have been to the above mentioned temples? if yes, can you give me the exact locations?

Below is the map, which is the best route for my old parents and my car?

Thanks,
Ramki.

Last edited by ramki067 : 12th February 2008 at 14:03.
Old 12th February 2008, 14:24   #6
BHPian

I have not visited all the temples here. I visit my Home God, which is 10 kms away from T. Narsipura, towards Kollegal, so i was sure on routes.

The ganapathi temple ( Gargeswari - i think, you can see in mapmyindia) you are talking is 2-3 kms before T.Narsipura when you are coming from Mysore.

Please take Mysore Route for your vehicle, it will be around 40kms more, but the route is safe & good.

In mapmyindia, check the route from Mysore to Tirumakudal - Narsipur, its around 34kms.

If you know Karangi Lake, take that road towards lalit mahal, you will find a diagonal right towards the mahal, dont take that, move further for couple of yards, you will find a junction / circle, take a right & from there around 28kms is narsipura.

Regards
Deepak

Last edited by kdeepakk : 12th February 2008 at 14:29.
Old 12th February 2008, 14:42   #7
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
I have not visited all the temples here. I visit my Home God, which is 10 kms away from T. Narsipura, towards Kollegal, so i was sure on routes.

The ganapathi temple ( Gargeswari - i think, you can see in mapmyindia) you are talking is 2-3 kms before T.Narsipura when you are coming from Mysore.

Please take Mysore Route for your vehicle, it will be around 40kms more, but the route is safe & good.

In mapmyindia, check the route from Mysore to Tirumakudal - Narsipur, its around 34kms.

If you know Karangi Lake, take that road towards lalit mahal, you will find a diagonal right towards the mahal, dont take that, move further for couple of yards, you will find a junction / circle, take a right & from there around 28kms is narsipura.

Regards
Deepak
That's elaborate information. Thanks Deepak.

How about Bannur road? Is it good now? And what's the status on Kanakpura - Malvalli road?

VBV
Old 12th February 2008, 14:44   #8
BANNED

Hey Deepak, We did that stretch couple of years back and the information you have given is perfect .

RKG, the route is 180 degrees to Kolar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Old 12th February 2008, 15:00   #9
BHPian

Last time, some local people said the Bannur road has improved, But i am not sure on that, will be trying that route next time cos now i have Tata Safari ( make your own route ). I am not sure about the Kanakapura - Malvalli Road, but i saw there was a new road laying process was taking place near the junction ( malvalli - kanakpura )
Old 12th February 2008, 16:44   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk
few weeks back had been to Kollegal from mysore.. the road from mysore to T. Narasipura is ok, manageable in wagan-r.

Last edited by deepak_ms : 12th February 2008 at 16:47.
Old 12th February 2008, 16:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last time, some local people said the Bannur road has improved, But i am not sure on that, will be trying that route next time cos now i have Tata Safari ( make your own route ). I am not sure about the Kanakapura - Malvalli Road, but i saw there was a new road laying process was taking place near the junction ( malvalli - kanakpura )
I think there is one more route - goto Mandya, take Bannur road & reach T. Narasipura via Bannur. Advantage is you can visit Somanathpura on the way. About 3 months back I had visted Somanathpura via this route and no problems with road or the car. But I don't if this road reaches T.Narasipura. Experts?
Old 18th February 2008, 09:33   #12
BHPian

Thanks very much deepak... will be doing the trip this weekend.

/Ramki.

Quote:

Regards
Deepak
Old 25th July 2008, 10:23   #13
BHPian

Hi,have u done the trip ramki?
Looking for your experience.........
Old 26th July 2008, 01:06   #14
BHPian

One more nice place to visit near T.Narasipura is Mudukthere - Deity temple is on top of a hill. Partially drivable, but of course climbing steps is a good option. One can seek the blessings of deities (Shiva & Parvathi) and enjoy the spectacular views around. Canoeing is possible at a resort on the banks of the river also.
Old 31st May 2016, 12:55   #15

Re: Required information about T. Narasipura temples?

Visit Krishnapura Santana Goplaswamy temple which is around a 25 minute drive from T narsipur and the road the is also recently tarred. The road passes parallel to the canal and is picturesque.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks