Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2008, 23:59   #1
BHPian

gangtok to delhi route queries

hi,
i am shifting from gangtok to gurgaon and am toying with the idea of driving the car(Swift ddis) all the way.i have several doubts which are mentioned below-
1.the route, how is it?
2.SINCE i will traversing through bihar any idea as to what is the road condition?this is the most important doubt, i seriously don't want to wreck my car driving on extremely bad roads
3.is there any alternate route avoiding bihar if the roads in bihar are bad?
4.how is U.P.?How much work on east west corridor is complete?

regarding road trip experiences, 2 weeks back i did gangtok ranchi & back via W.B.(851kms one way) and have done couple of more trips of bigger magnitude

thanks in advance

P.S.- IF i dont get the info on the route in 4 days ,ll have to send the car by car carriers.so

Last edited by dr.abhijeet : 25th February 2008 at 00:15.
Old 25th February 2008, 00:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

PM hvkumar, he'd have done it for sure.

else mail me offlist for doc arn's contact whose done arunachal-gujarat some years back and can guide you on the same.

Would otherwise closely follow this thread, since I have similar plans in an year's timeframe max!
Old 25th February 2008, 09:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Unhappily, I have not done the NH2 between Durgapur and Agra. I believe that the road widening work is incomplete in many stretches in Bihar but good in UP. The most direct route for you would be to continue on NH34 from Dalkhola via Begusarai, but those roads are a total mess. In any case, you can turn off NH31 at Moregaon and join NH2 via Siuri and Durgapur (some bad stretches in Kishanganj area and also on way to Siuri have been reported).
Old 25th February 2008, 20:41   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Unhappily, I have not done the NH2 between Durgapur and Agra. I believe that the road widening work is incomplete in many stretches in Bihar but good in UP. The most direct route for you would be to continue on NH34 from Dalkhola via Begusarai, but those roads are a total mess. In any case, you can turn off NH31 at Moregaon and join NH2 via Siuri and Durgapur (some bad stretches in Kishanganj area and also on way to Siuri have been reported).
the road via begusarai is a mess , i have travelled through NH31 2weeks back , that road is ok except for 20 kms or so just before moregram.
kishanganj is ok now except the town area. the state highway is in reasonable shape.i hv travelled o this road till dhanbad, my main concern is the road through bihar. has the work finished on GQ IN BIHAR??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks