Team-BHP - Hyderabad - Chandrapur : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Hyderabad - Chandrapur : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/37423-hyderabad-chandrapur-route-queries.html)

I have to attend my friend's wedding on the 28th of April at Chandrapur. Wonder if I can drive up and down from Bangalore.

I am told that Bangalore - Hyderabad road is great. Can someone throw some light on the road conditions and the distance between Hyderabad and Chandrapur?

Is there any other route than Bangalore-Hyderabad-Chandrapur?

BUMP! No reponse to this?

From Hyderabad, take the Karimnagar Road (via Hyyderabad localities Bowenpally and Tirumelgerry), and go via Siddipet. From Karimnagar, go via Ramagundam to Mancherial. Distances are Hyderabad-Karimnagar 170 kms-Ramagundam 60 (via NTPC)-Mancherial 20 (crossing River Godavari).

From Mancherial, go to Asifabad (65 kms) via Kazipet. After Asifabad, cross over into Maharashtra and Chandrapur is 65 kms away via Balharshah. Total distance is 380 kms.

Alternative route is to continue on NH7 via Kamareddi, Armur and Nirmal till Guri Hatnur (20 kms before Adilabad), where you turn towards Indravelli and Utnoor. Att Utnoor, take the district road via Janiur and Kerimeri to ASifabad and follow the earlier route mentioned from Asifabad. Distances on this route are: Hyderabad-Nirmal 230 kms-Guri Hatnur 60-Utnoor 35-Asifabad 75-Chandrapur 65, totalling 465 kms.

Obviously, he Karimnagar route is shorter, and preferred for that reason.

I have driven on Mancherial-Karimnagar-Hyderabad, Hyderabad-Nirmal-Adilabad and Guri Hatnur-Utnoor-Asifabad roads and they are all good. Road after NH7 via Utnoor is narrow after Utnoor. Strong Naxal areas, avoid travel during night. I have no idea of the road after Asifabad.

Any Hyderabadi-Deccan Chargers listening? Any further info?

Much has been discussed on Bangalore-Hyderabad, not commenting.

Ideal travel plan would be to drive to Karimnagar on Day 1, and onto Chandrapur next day. Travel after Karimnagar after dark is not recommended since (a) roads are not national highways, poor signages, narrow, and (b) safety issues.

Having said all this, keeping in view that you need 4 days to and fro, isn't a good idea to get onto a Delhi-bound train and reach Chandrapur faster?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 797282)
From Hyderabad, ....

From Mancherial, go to Asifabad (65 kms) via Kazipet.........

Kazipet? Is this another Kazipet. I know there is one 10 kms before Warangal, and Warangal is only 150 kms from Hyd. So why go via such a long route, when it is just 140 kms to Kazipet on the Warangal road?

Small typo - it is Kasipet, not Kazipet Railway Junction (near Warangal)

....initially, I also thought it was the same Kazipet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 798006)
Small typo - it is Kasipet, not Kazipet Railway Junction (near Warangal)

Thanks, that kinda makes things clear.:)

hello hvkumar,
I am looking to drive to balharshah from bangalore. how is the road condition from hyderabad to asifabad via siddipet? Also do you have more clarity on the road condition from asifabad onwards?
Yout naxal comment kind of scares me to not take this drive, but hoopefully i would be closing the drive before dark. I do not want to personally meet them as you did several years ago :)

Thanks.

Take the karimnagar route as mentioned by hvkumar. My friend takes about 6 hours to cover the 360km with breaks. Roads are good but Expect poor facilities enroute.

Chandrapur and Balharshah are 40km apart and on the same route.

Abhi

Thanks Abhi. 60kmph looks like good road conditions. That is encouraging.

So I plan to do the Hyderabad-Chandrapur route on 18thOct 2014. I am planning to take the Hyd->Siddipet-->Karimanagar-->Mancheriyal-->Asifabad-->Ballarshah route.
Has anyone done this route recently? How are the road conditions?
Or is it better to stick to NH7 and take diversion from Adilabad?

Quote:

Originally Posted by carChef (Post 3557598)
So I plan to do the Hyderabad-Chandrapur route on 18thOct 2014. I am planning to take the Hyd->Siddipet-->Karimanagar-->Mancheriyal-

I had traveled Hyderabad-Bellampalli a month back.

Hyderabad- Godavarikanni is four laned and a breeze to drive.
Godavarkani to Bellampalli decent two laned highway.

Hope this helps

Thanks gajadonga! I am going to start sometime around 8am. Will post back with road conditions as I am done.

So I did the Hyderabad-Chandrapur route a week back. Took the Hyderabad to Adilabad NH7. Amazing road.
And then 7kms after Adilabad took a left service road under the flyover right after the Bordja check post. After that it was a complete mess. 30kms of absolutely no road!
And near a village called as "Bela", it was literally small mountains of boulders and sand and no road.
Then via Gadchandur and Rajura, I got to Chandrapur
It took me around 7.5 hours.
Also I heard that Hyderabad-Ramagundam-Mancherial route is bad as well. So did not take that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carChef (Post 3566025)
So I did the Hyderabad-Chandrapur route a week back. Took the Hyderabad to Adilabad NH7. Amazing road.
And then 7kms after Adilabad took a left service road under the flyover right after the Bordja check post. After that it was a complete mess. 30kms of absolutely no road!
And near a village called as "Bela", it was literally small mountains of boulders and sand and no road.
Then via Gadchandur and Rajura, I got to Chandrapur
It took me around 7.5 hours.
Also I heard that Hyderabad-Ramagundam-Mancherial route is bad as well. So did not take that.

You should have taken the route suggested by gajadonga. It is a four lane road upto Godavarikhani. From there it is a two lane GOOD road upto Mancherial.