Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2008, 16:53   #1
BHPian

Bangalore to Mananthavadi - Best Route, Road Condition please

Friends

I plan to visit Mananthavadi - over this weekend. Could you help me with which the best route to take, the distance and road condition presently.

I know about 3 options:

a) Bangalore - Mysore (Ring Road) - Gundlupet - S. Battery - Mananthavadi --> is this the best option ?

b) Bangalore - Mysore - HD Kote - Mananthavadi ?

c) Via Hunsur - Siddapura - Kutta - Nagarhole - ?? - Mananthavadi ?

Going by Matiz - so would comfirm if its worthwhile doing by this small car.

Thanks
Old 2nd April 2008, 17:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore - Mysore (Ring Road) - Gundlupet - S. Battery - Mananthavadi --> is this the best option ?
Presumably the best I can say.Once you reach Sulthan Bathery you have multiple routes to reach Mananthavady.

Just ask the locals there or even ask any private bus drivers.

Quote:
Bangalore - Mysore - HD Kote - Mananthavadi ?
Had to been to HD Kote quite recently and the roads till HD Kote has been wonderful.
Old 2nd April 2008, 17:24   #3
BHPian

Route (a) is long, but road condition should be OK. I had done this road 3 months back. Not sure about the current condition. Somebody can update on this. Distance: Bang - Mys : 140, Mys - S. Battery - ~120, S.Battery - M'vady - ~50

Route (b) does not exist. Road was blocked from the Karnataka Forest checkpost due to construction work. Heard that the construction is stopped due to a litigation. Even then this road is pathetic in the Wildlife sanctuary. Distance Mys - M'vady. : ~110

Route (c) has been fixed upto Kutta (I came by this road last saturday). After Kutta, Kerala roads should be good. Mys - Kutta is closed between 6 PM to 6 AM. Distance: Mys - Kutta ~90, Kutta - M'vady: ~30. The route is Mysore - Hunsur - Nagarhole WLS - Kutta - Tholpetty - M'vady
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Forget routes B and C, if you want to bring the Matiz back.

Route A is OK, the road gets bad after S.Bathery. You have to go via Panamaram to Mananthavady, keep looking out for right turns just after S. Bathery(ask the locals). I think the Meenangady-Panamaram-Mananthavady stretch should be fine. There are many broken patches and the unseasonal rains haven't helped the road condition either, but you should manage.

Edit- You can take a chance with route C since gypsyfreak says roads uptil kutta are nice.

Last edited by kuttapan : 2nd April 2008 at 20:02.
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well route A it is as route b the roads dont exist after HD kote and in route C it involves too much driving over small roads.
Old 3rd April 2008, 21:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

srini like I mentioned earlier, check with the locals as to which is the best route to take once you reach Sulthan Battery.

Like kuttapan said you can do it via the Panamaram, route else drive all the way to Kainatty(about 2kms before kalpetta) and deviate towards Pallikunnu.
Old 4th April 2008, 17:13   #7
BHPian

Thanks rjstyles (and all others who replied) - I will take the first route and as you mentioned will check with locals at S.Battery. Will update upon return. With the long 3 day weekend coming up, I guess there must be lots of folks from Bangalore heading towards Wyanad. Maybe we bump into some t-bhp'ians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
srini like I mentioned earlier, check with the locals as to which is the best route to take once you reach Sulthan Battery.

Like kuttapan said you can do it via the Panamaram, route else drive all the way to Kainatty(about 2kms before kalpetta) and deviate towards Pallikunnu.
Old 10th April 2008, 08:29   #8
BHPian

Update: I just returned from the trip & it was great. Thanks to all bhp-ians help.
[SIZE=2]
While going to Manathavadi I took Bangalore- Mysore-Nanjangud- BandipurWLS- SultanBathery-Manathavadi. The entire stretch of the road was good. The total distance upto Manathavadi was approx 295 Km and we would cover it in approx 6 and half hours.

While coming back I took the Manathavadi- Kaatikulum- Tholpetty- Kutta- Nagerhole- Hunsur - Srirangapattina- Bangalore. The stretch is scenic especially of WLS. The road of approx 3-4 KM between Kutta and Nagerhole is not good but definitely motorable. Other than that no issues on the road. This is approx 250Km and takes about the same time as the roads are little narrow but not congested at all.
Both the options are good for Manathavadi.
[/SIZE]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks