Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2017, 13:03   #31
ike
BHPian

re: Chennai to Srikalahasti : Route Queries

I just got back from Kalahasti. Started from Home in Chennai Ramapuram at 5:30AM, reached Kalahasti at 7:45. Finished the darshan by 9:00 and got back home by 12:30.
The roads are in good shape after redhills till Tada. From Tada till Kalahasti there are a few bad patches, speed-breakers are in abundance and the local traffic especially in and near the numerous small towns is chaotic.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 04:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

If you don't mind doing extra kms, its better to take the Naidupeta-Kalahasti. Though there are speed breakers, they are much larger and easy to spot. Roads are much wider and one can maintain 100. Also since for most, the destination is the temple, its easily accessible from the bypass (just 100-200m off the bypass) than threading the streets of Kalahasti.

Only scenario I'd not suggest is, if you are doing a sundown evening drive. The traffic can be a pain in the rear.
Old 11th September 2017, 09:35   #33
BHPian

Thanks for all your inputs. I visited the temple last week. Took the Chennai --> Red Hills --> Tada --> (Sharp Left. Sign boards are present) --> Kalahasti route. Started in the afternoon at 1:30 after lunch. Reached at 4:30. Had a good darshan and started at about 6:30 PM. Reached home at 9:45 PM. MGM Grand hotel (walking distance from the temple) has a good parking facility and reasonably neat wash rooms. People who plan to stay overnight, can consider this hotel as an option. We had tea / coffee here, and it was good.

The road condition is fine from Tada to Kalahasti. Chennai to Tada is the usual toll road. (Rs.68 two way toll).

Regards,
Karthik Iyer
Old 3rd March 2021, 20:14   #34
BHPian

Reopening thread to ask if anybody has an update here. Going to the temple this weekend. I have to drive back from there starting at 6 in the evening. So there is some driving the dark. Will be driving to reach there by late afternoon.

Keeping that in mind what is the best route I can take? And is there anything else I must know? Thanks in advance
Old 3rd March 2021, 22:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

I would stick to Naidupeta route. Road is still in good condition. Traffic will be a bother, but there is no escape regardless of the route you take. The temple is easily accessible from the bypass than coming from Tada or Sulurpeta
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 22:55   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I would stick to Naidupeta route. Road is still in good condition. Traffic will be a bother, but there is no escape regardless of the route you take. The temple is easily accessible from the bypass than coming from Tada or Sulurpeta
Right, thank you. Maps pointed me to Tada by default, so I will search this route up

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks