Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2008, 12:50   #1
BHPian

The route from Dharwad-Alnawar-londa-goa

Hi guys , I wanted info on thestretch between Hubli to Londa, Last I heard was that it was bad, But hoe goes the route now. I am planning a trip to goa next week, so insights would help.

Last edited by s.prashanth : 5th April 2008 at 12:52.
Old 5th April 2008, 18:20   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Prashanth, I see you have duplicated this question on the Bangalore-Goa route thread :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...tml#post784650

It looks like you are going from BLR. Suggest you do BLR-Karwar-Goa. The route is discussed in the above mentioned thread.

DWR-Alnavar-Londa-Goa has for long been practically non-existant because of it's road conditions. The only way we can get an update is if somebody decides to do it & updates every one else.
Old 7th April 2008, 10:13   #3
BHPian

I have just done Goa-Hubli-Hospet and back in the last three days. From Panjim to Anmod to Ramnagar, till now good road. Ramnagar to Alnavar to Dharwad used to be the old road through the forest. Various people warned me about the metre-deep potholes on this road, so I went north to Khanapur, excellent road, about a kilometre before Khanapur is the road to Bidi and on to Kittur. Khanapur to Bidi again excellent road for 20 km except for two bridges , each about 30 metres long which are pot-holed. Bidi to Kittur is about 14 km, quite bad pot-holes, but passable. At Kittur one goes on to the 4-lane NH-4 which can give you speeds of 125kph with ease, this lasts until Hubli about 50 km. Total distance Panjim to Hubli is 220 km.
I suppose Hubli to Bangalore is a good road?
Old 9th April 2008, 14:09   #4
BHPian

Prashath, I suggest you don't take a chance and drive from B'lore to Belgaum. Its just 70 km extra. From Belgaum, take NH4A - Khanapur-Londa-Anmod-Ponda-Panjim Zappo has written about it in the travelogues section. He did it a couple of weeks ago. He said only the bridges are bad, but the rest of the road is good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks