Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:42   #1
BHPian

Fuel Stations / Petrol - Diesel Pumps on the road

Most of us embark on long drives and need to refuel atleast once in their journey. Information on the Fuel Stations on the way and their reviews with the fuel is very useful. This post is intended to capture the information on the Fuel Stations on various key roads.

Please post information on Fuel Stations that you know (or visited). In a nutshell here's what needs :
  • Fuel Station Company (and name)
  • Type of Fuel Station: whether that fuel station was a Company Owned / Operated or Private
  • Breakdown support: Tyre mechanic, Air pump
  • Other facilities: Toilets, Bank ATM, Restaurant would be good.
Thanks
Datta
Old 6th May 2008, 14:02   #2
BHPian

Recently been to a short trip from Pune-Kolhapur-Gaganbawda-Kankavli-Malvan. Here's the list of Petrol Stations on the way:
1. There's a BP COCO fuel Station around 20 kms from Pune (Warje Flyover). It's on left hand side while driving from Pune towards Kolhapur.
- honors the Credit Cards,
- has Speed and normal variants of Petrol and Diesel.
- It has an Air Pump.
- It has Toilet facilities

2. Another BP COCO Petrol pump is just few kms (3-5 kms) ahead on the same road on the opposite side of the highway
- honors the Credit Cards,
- has Speed and normal variants of Petrol and Diesel.
- It has an Air Pump.
- It has Toilet facilities
- Has a small restaurant attached.
Old 6th May 2008, 17:16   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

We have been doing this on the regular travelogue / route query threads. This helps by getting all information for a particular route, together in one place, rather than having to dig around for information.

Reg city specific fuelling station information, we have other threads.
Old 25th October 2010, 10:39   #4
BHPian

Digging up an old thread as there is no need for a new one.

Next week I am driving from Pune to Ahmedabad.
Where is the best place to fill up on petrol?Maharashtra or Gujarat?
Is it cheaper in Gujarat to fill on the highway or in the towns we would drive by?
What are the prices in Maharashtra and Gujarat?
(I should have at least half a tank of fuel, so filling from Mumbai onwards is the real query.)
What about the return journey, best places to refill?
Thanks
Old 25th October 2010, 15:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

dmplog, between Pune and Kohlapur, there are three BP pumps which are all good. The first is at Khed Shivapur, the second before Satara next the Hotel Virangula, where every one seems to stop for snacks!), and the third near Karad. All the three are good in my experience. Of course, Konduskar BP after Kohlapur city is good - but they sell only Speed. All these bunks have toilets and ATM. (However, the toilets are not clean - but on a highway they will do). Best is to fill after city limits - save on the octroi.

Raja, as much as I remember, Gujarat was cheaper. Fill up on the Pune Mumbai e-way (full tank), so that you can cross the border (if you are going by Thane - Ghodbunder route, that is). If you can take the deviation for Daman, you can tank up there once again (both on onward and return) - petrol is cheaper because it is a UT. Plus, you can visit the Daman Beach. Nearer to Surat, there are a couple of good BP bunks. One thing I have noticed is that the Mumbai - Ahmedabad highway by-passes most of the towns (and in many place the road is walled off!) - so you have to watch if you have to turn into a town.
Old 16th May 2011, 22:38   #6
BHPian

Re: Fuel Stations / Petrol - Diesel Pumps on the road

Next week I am driving from Bangalore to kumily(kerala) and return.
The route taken will be Bangalore --> Salem --> Dindgal --> Theni --> Kumily
And return will be on the same route.

Appreciate information on where is the best place to fill up on petrol( Quality wise)?

Regulars on this route, any advice/suggestion on the better fuel station/ petrol pumps?
Old 17th May 2011, 08:51   #7
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
The route taken will be Bangalore --> Salem --> Dindgal --> Theni --> Kumily Regulars on this route, any advice/suggestion on the better fuel station/ petrol pumps?
From Bangalore to Dindukkal:

* HP COCO retail outlet at Shoolagiri [between Hosur and Krishnagiri] on LHS of NH 7 with attached McDonald and Krishna Inn

* BP Ghar Dhaba COCO retail outlet at Chinnar [before Krishnagiri Toll Plaza] on LHS of NH 7 with attached A2B

* BP Ghar Dhaba COCO retail outlet at Thoppur [after descending the ghat] on RHS of NH 7 with attached A2B
  (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 11:34   #8
BHPian

I am planning for a trip in the following route:

Chennai --> Dindugal --> Thekkady --> Vagamon --> Moolamattom --> Kulamavu --> Karimban --> Kallarkutty --> Anachal --> Munnar --> Athirapalli --> Valparai --> Pollachi --> Kangeyam --> Perundurai --> Salem --> Chennai.

I usually fill at BP/ IOC COCO at Maraimalai nagar. Post that, i need to fill at every 450-500km range. Can someone help me finding trusted fuel stations on the way?

Last edited by Ponbaarathi : 23rd November 2016 at 11:36.
Old 23rd November 2016, 11:57   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
Chennai --> Dindugal --> Thekkady --> Vagamon --> Moolamattom --> Kulamavu --> Karimban --> Kallarkutty --> Anachal --> Munnar --> Athirapalli --> Valparai --> Pollachi --> Kangeyam --> Perundurai --> Salem --> Chennai.
Pollachi --> Kangeyam : BP at Palladam & IOCL at Madhapur are the regular ones to me.
Kangeyam --> Perundurai : There is an ESSAR fuel station few km from Kangeyam
Perundurai --> Salem: Bhavani LOA fuel station and one more LOA station 1km before the Toll. Both offer discount (0.5 INR/Liter) and Q&Q is better.

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 23rd November 2016 at 12:04.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks