Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2008, 09:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Good Route from Ponnamallee to Ambattur

I am coming to Chennai this thursday from Bangalore. I am fed up with that Nerkundram traffic

Is there an alternate route to Ambattur from Ponamalle? I think I can either take the Avadi route or vanagaram route to reach the Anbattur estate. Anyone tired these? Which one would be better to drive? I know that the Avadi one is round about but still would like to pick one that is good for driving.

Any suggesstions?
Old 29th April 2008, 09:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Avadi route may be better

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
...Is there an alternate route to Ambattur from Ponamalle? I think I can either take the Avadi route or vanagaram route to reach the Anbattur estate....
The Avadi route is I think the better option compared to the Vanagaram route. But you got to watch out for the lorry traffic on the Avadi route, which can be quite heavy at times. A lot of container lorries, I think from the Ennore port, use this road. Also, the Poonamallee-Avadi road will have some slow-down near the Avadi market area. Since there is a median along that road now, this can lead to minor traffic jams.
Old 29th April 2008, 11:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well, don't know how well this works out now, but what we used to do was drive uptil Nerkundram, which is a couple of kms before Koyambedu and then take a left there. Its the left that goes towards Golden Eagle theatre and towards Triple MMM. Finally it joins up on the Thirumangalam - Ambattur Estate road. Haven't done this for quite sometime now, so don't know how the road condition is. Used to be ok before.
Old 29th April 2008, 11:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Well, don't know how well this works out now, but what we used to do was drive uptil Nerkundram, which is a couple of kms before Koyambedu and then take a left there. Its the left that goes towards Golden Eagle theatre and towards Triple MMM. Finally it joins up on the Thirumangalam - Ambattur Estate road. Haven't done this for quite sometime now, so don't know how the road condition is. Used to be ok before.
Right. I usually i take this route. but the main traffic is from the Maduravoil to Nerkundram.

I wish the road widening work is completed soooon...

Anyway, I may end up doing this same stretch i think since the Avadi road seems to be similar as suggested by B_T.
Old 23rd June 2008, 08:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

I took the Avadi - Ambattur road this time during my chennai trip. Was not all that bad. There are lorry traffic on this streatch as mentioned in earlier post. But its moving traffic and so was not big hurdle. Only problem was, the rain has made some stretch really horrible after avadi. I am not sure if I should still call this Chennau-Thriuvallur HIGHROAD

Will I take it next time? Yes. I feel its much better than the maduravoil one.

Most Viewed