Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2008, 09:59   #1
BHPian

chennai to Caliut to trichy-route query

Folks,
Planning a trip to calicut and proceed to trichy and return.

chennai-/Krishnagiri/coimbatore/palghat/perinthalmanna/ calicut

or
Chennai/krishnagiri/bangalore(how to reach mysore road without entering city)/mysore/gundalpet/sultan batthery

Which of these routes is better and shorter.

To proceed to trichy from there is it advisable to procedd via palghat pollachi,ottanchathiram/manaparai

or via coimbatore and karur.

Pls advice/
Old 17th May 2008, 10:09   #2
BHPian

I just came drove down and came back from Trichy. at any cost dont go to trichy via Karur, the road is bad and you will have one hell of a time driving down from karur to trichy because of the truck traffic( Sand lorries).

I suggest you to go to trichy via dindukal. The road is good and free from traffic. Although it is 30kms more but the running time will be the same.
Old 19th May 2008, 08:54   #3
BHPian

Folks,
await your feedback.
Old 19th May 2008, 14:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

The route via Bangalore/Mysore is good just for the roads uptil Mysore. Except the small problem of entering Bangalore city. You can avoid it by taking the NICE corridor, but the exit on Bannerghatta road leaves much to desire.

There is a lot of 4 laning between Krishnagiri and Coimbatore. Uptil Thoppur and from Bhavani to Coimbatore.

If you can plan your entry time to Bangalore to be somewhere after 11 am and before 4 pm you should be able to miss the peak hour traffic.
Old 19th May 2008, 15:49   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
The route via Bangalore/Mysore is good just for the roads uptil Mysore. Except the small problem of entering Bangalore city. You can avoid it by taking the NICE corridor, but the exit on Bannerghatta road leaves much to desire.

There is a lot of 4 laning between Krishnagiri and Coimbatore. Uptil Thoppur and from Bhavani to Coimbatore.

If you can plan your entry time to Bangalore to be somewhere after 11 am and before 4 pm you should be able to miss the peak hour traffic.
Thanx, will the bannerghatta stretch be such a mess.I plan to leave chennai around fourish in the morning,say i should enter hosur around 8 am,i would prfer to take the nice road,pls advice, my vehicle is a scorpio.
After crossing Narayana Hrudyalaya how far is the detour to nice raod.
Old 19th May 2008, 18:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

The NICE corridor is about a km max after Electronic City junction. Hosur @ 8 is a bit crowded but still managable. There's an overhead flyover and there's is a road that leads onto the flyover at that place. Take that and head left.

There is a NICE corridor thread that you can take a look at for the latest updates. The problem is that there's a land acquisition problem so the road ends abruptly. You have a small road that crosses Bannerghatta road and the NICE corridor picks up again after that. From there its smooth sailing till Mysore road. This is the fastest way to beat Bangalore traffic.

I'm sure the Scorpio will be able to handle it. Just look at the other thread or post a message for updates on it.

Once you hit Mysore road you would have no problem. You can take the Mysore bypass and keep heading till you hit Gundulpet. Take a right here. Roads from here till Kerala border (about 40kms) are so so. After that roads are good.
Old 20th May 2008, 10:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
The NICE corridor is about a km max after Electronic City junction. Hosur @ 8 is a bit crowded but still managable. There's an overhead flyover and there's is a road that leads onto the flyover at that place. Take that and head left.

There is a NICE corridor thread that you can take a look at for the latest updates. The problem is that there's a land acquisition problem so the road ends abruptly. You have a small road that crosses Bannerghatta road and the NICE corridor picks up again after that. From there its smooth sailing till Mysore road. This is the fastest way to beat Bangalore traffic.

I'm sure the Scorpio will be able to handle it. Just look at the other thread or post a message for updates on it.

Once you hit Mysore road you would have no problem. You can take the Mysore bypass and keep heading till you hit Gundulpet. Take a right here. Roads from here till Kerala border (about 40kms) are so so. After that roads are good.
Thnx Mate.As a seasoned roadie i know your inputs are very important.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks