Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2016, 18:39   #16
BHPian

Re: Present Condition NH 60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
^^^
Not the LC itself, but the approach (from the Garbheta side) is still a small car breaker! However, one can go through the town and use the RUB on SH2 to come out on NH60.

Regards
Sutripta
Dear Sutripta

Any idea how the road is faring now. Can you detail the alternate route please? I am travelling with an alto on NH60 between Kharagpur to Bankura. With the road conditions as you mentioned a year back, does it sound too adventurous?
Old 19th February 2016, 20:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
KGP- Bankura is 2 lane single carriageway. But perfectly doable. And it's a fairly short run (~140 Km). Don't worry about it.
Important that you follow what is now called NH60 (via Bishnupur), not the other roads suggested by Google Maps.
Do the drive in daytime.

Regards
Sutripta

Last edited by Sutripta : 19th February 2016 at 20:26.
Old 22nd February 2016, 10:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
KGP- Bankura is 2 lane single carriageway. But perfectly doable. And it's a fairly short run (~140 Km). Don't worry about it.
Important that you follow what is now called NH60 (via Bishnupur), not the other roads suggested by Google Maps.
Do the drive in daytime.

Regards
Sutripta

Thanks a ton Sutripta!

Yes, I am taking the NH60 shown in google maps which takes me through Medinipur, Salboni, Garbeta, Bishnupur.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Kh...d23.164543!3e0

Hope this is the right one?

Cheers!
Moeinuk
Old 22nd February 2016, 20:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeinuk View Post
Thanks a ton Sutripta!

Yes, I am taking the NH60 shown in google maps which takes me through Medinipur, Salboni, Garbeta, Bishnupur.

Hope this is the right one?

Cheers!
Moeinuk
Yes, it is.
Happy journey.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 8th March 2016, 16:47   #20
BHPian

Condition of NH60 as of Feb 2016

Hi

Did my trip from KGP to Bankura on 27 Februrary via NH60.

Essentially it's a two lane highway all along. Kharagpur to Garbeta was smooth and fast, apart from occasional road extension works and narrow single lane culverts that slowed down the traffic. Drove at a standard 60-70 kmph.

From Garbeta the road gets patchy. I refrained from pushing my alto to the fourth gear. Speed was down to 40-45 kmph.

The real clinchers were the railways crossings that I encountered throughout the journey. Non-existant roads, extremely bumpy - I scraped my bottom twice between some 5-6 such crossings. The only railway crossing in a better shape was the one at Bishnupur.

Drove slow, enjoying the drive. Started from Kharagpur at 1:00 pm and reached Bankura at 6:00 pm after 3 chai halts and a lunch break.

Came back to Calcutta on 28th February via Durgapur.
NH60 from Bankura to Durgapur was in a better condition. Certain sections were patchy though. However, there was a long traffic jam from Bankura More to till Damodar flyover. Local police said some road work is underway though I saw none. Managed to overtake the trucks and ease out of the snarl. That itself took up more than an hour which I guess would have otherwise been a 20 mins drive.

That's all folks!
Cheers!
Moeinuk
moeinuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 20:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Condition of NH60 as of Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeinuk View Post
The only railway crossing in a better shape was the one at Bishnupur.
This used to be the worst! Guess repaired now.

Quote:
Drove slow, enjoying the drive. Started from Kharagpur at 1:00 pm and reached Bankura at 6:00 pm after 3 chai halts and a lunch break.
That is really leisurely.

Regards
Sutripta

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks