Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2008, 19:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bannerghatta Road to other places

Hey folks from next week onwards i will have to travel to Bannerghatta rd(near Manthri Elite) from Marathalli . so need advice on the timing and the route which has less traffic( i know am asking for something impossible

Presently i go via ORR - Silk board - BTM - take left at the fyover but have experiebced bad jams at btm and ORR in early hours few months back...

So people who commute regularly in this route should have some idea on the timing and the alternative route if any? kindly share it with me..

Thanks
Old 17th August 2008, 20:09   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

God bless you. All the best is what I have to say. Pray regularly before leaving home/office for traffic.
Old 17th August 2008, 21:10   #3
BHPian

lohitrao,

You are taking the most optimized route possible, except for the last leg. Instead of taking left at Jayadeva fly over, try taking left at the first signal before Jayadeva fly over, (this signal is called as Udipi Garden Signal, I was not able to recall the hotel name but thanks to the "Udipi" present as your location in your profile).

After taking left at this signal take first right and go till the dead end and then take a right and immediate left, you will arrive near the MICO layout police station. You will be able to avoid the trafic jam at flyover and save few minutes .

During return journey, try the 29th Main Madiwala tank road, you will have to go south on Bannerghatta road and take left in front of Mantri Elegance, PM me if you need any instructions on this one.

Have fun, I too will have to start traveling the reverse way as I will be going to Whitefield from Bannerghatta road from next month onwards.
Old 17th August 2008, 21:19   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post

Presently i go via ORR - Silk board - BTM - take left at the fyover but have experiebced bad jams at btm and ORR in early hours few months back...
lohithrao,

This problem is temporary, Silk board junction and BTM are not that bad in comparison to last couple of months. This is because of the drainage work that is being carried on the outer ring road on the HSR layout side immediately after silk board flyover.

But still keep your fingers crossed as this is Bangalore, any silly thing can screw up the traffic.
Old 17th August 2008, 21:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

I used to go to Honeywell (opposite IIM Bangalore) 4 years back. The route you are taking is correct.

As deepak has pointed out, I used to take the short cut from BTM signal, take left from the signal when coming from Silkboard (you will find Udupi Garden fast food joint on the left immediately), go straight take right from the next junction. I do not know where your office location is. I used to take a left towards the dead end and reach Bannarghetta road before IIM Bangalore. This way I was able to avoid all the traffic on Bannarghetta road after BTM.

All the Best.
Old 17th August 2008, 22:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Khan bhai now you are scaring me

Deepak, thanks man some hope thier, i think i took that route long time back when i had travelled to bannerghatta...

PatienceWins, yea sure will do that...

Any idea on the timings whcih i have to be careful off? have seen that traffic builds up towards Marathalli on airport road from 8ish, guess the same applies here too?
Old 18th August 2008, 00:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Nope. You don't need to go till Udupi Garden signal to take a left.

Take the left immediately after BTM bus stand. That road is very well laid out. I think it is called 28th main. By going on this route you avoid waiting at Udupi Garden signal.

This road goes straight on and then take a right and then at a particular point it becomes one way. This road hits Bannerghatta road right opposite Mantri.
Old 18th August 2008, 11:32   #8
BANNED

You can try this:
Marathhalli - Old Airport Road - Inner Ring Road - Koramangala - Forum - Diary Circle - Jayadeva underpass - Mantri Elite.
Old 18th August 2008, 11:46   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Nope. You don't need to go till Udupi Garden signal to take a left.

Take the left immediately after BTM bus stand. That road is very well laid out. I think it is called 28th main. By going on this route you avoid waiting at Udupi Garden signal.

This road goes straight on and then take a right and then at a particular point it becomes one way. This road hits Bannerghatta road right opposite Mantri.
I second sentil on this. This is one of the smooth roads I ever encountered to Bannerghatta. Check it out.
Old 18th August 2008, 11:59   #10
BHPian

i used to take the route mentioned by csentil. this will save you the jam that leads to 16th main to jayadeva signal. regarding timing, i used to start by 8.15am leave by 5pm whenever possible. ultimately i shifted close to bannerghatta road
Old 18th August 2008, 13:05   #11
RGP
BHPian

I agree with csenthil and lambuhere1. The road just after BTM bus stand will get you to Bannerghatta road right opposite Mantri Elite. You could also turn before the BTM bus stand and then join the road. It should save you 10 minutes at least, because you miss 3 signals - Udipi Gardens, Jayadev flyover and Mandovi Motors junction. And the road is extremely smooth. It does tend to get congested nowadays at the BTM end. You can return by the same route, but the right turn is not in front of Mantri... you have to go about 50 metres up BG road.

Lohith - I commute from Maratahalli to Bannerghatta road every day, and the route is pretty crowded from about 9 am onward. Best to cross Silk Board by 10 am though... as after that all the trucks that have been waiting on ORR (because they are not allowed into the city before then) start moving and traffic becomes extremely slow.
The ORR is the only route I have explored up to Silk Board, but I plan to start searching for alternate routes - it looks like work on flyovers is starting at both ORR-Sarjapur road junction and Agara Lake junction. I am not looking forward to the commute for next couple of years if there is no alternate route.
Any tips are most welcome.

RGP
Old 18th August 2008, 14:23   #12
BHPian

I feel you should try HAL-IRR-ChristCollege-JayaDeva Underpass-BGhatta Road.
Otherwise HAL-Domlur-VictoriaRoad-MilitarySchool-Adugodi(Mico back side)-Dairycircle underpass-Jayadeva underpass-Bghatta road.

The marble/granite shops strech before dairy circle underpass is a bottle neck. Otherwise it is a flowing traffic, as opposed to BTM signals.
I find this way more comfortable.

If you need to avoid marble shops strech, try the christ college way. If you are commuting by bike, there are by lanes from St.Johns back side towards Tavarakere, and joins after Sagar automobiles.
Old 18th August 2008, 14:39   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGP View Post
The ORR is the only route I have explored up to Silk Board, but I plan to start searching for alternate routes - it looks like work on flyovers is starting at both ORR-Sarjapur road junction and Agara Lake junction. I am not looking forward to the commute for next couple of years if there is no alternate route.
Any tips are most welcome.

RGP

Oh yea this will be a challenge, even Irr would be messy as traffic from Ejipura onwards would be bad...gona see lots of traffic in coming days
Old 10th September 2008, 18:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

Basavanagar(Marathalli) to Bannerghatta

Guys last 2 days has been a tough as am travelling by ric(auto) this morning i took 1 hr to find a ric from Basavanagar to bannerghatta road... hehe i now understand the plight of the people commuting in buses and rics...

This morning while waiting for a bus/ric i did notice few things, most of the rics where full and who ever were free they were choosy buses were jamm packed. the volvos were in hurry, its very hard to figure out where these buses are heading. as the display is in front and is a running text...and since its closed cant even ask the passengers

Have started to respect the people traveling in buses/rics, i know why the vehicles are increasing crazily!

Need of the day, better public transport!!!

btw is anyone travelling in this route? it would be great if i can get a ride (Basavanagar to Bannerghatta road) i start around 8ish in the morning from my house...

Last edited by lohithrao : 10th September 2008 at 18:27.
Old 10th September 2008, 18:32   #15
Senior - BHPian

Good to see a car pool thread.
Good initiative. Lets see how it works.

Btw, why you jumped from this thread?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...atta-road.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks