Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2008, 14:48   #1
BHPian

Rajasthan trip suggestions

Hope soliciting a "non self driving trip" suggestions is fine here...

I am planning a trip to Rajasthan in early October. Any suggested itenaries would be greatly helpful.
I am interested in Ranthambore. I might have a week to spend. Fly one side, and train other way.

Please help me with places to visit, possible places to stay(not very expensive.)
Food choice Vegetarian. I never have been North of Mumbai, so any other suggestions are most welcome.

thanks in advance.
Old 19th August 2008, 15:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Check out wheher the Bangalore-Jaipur express goes via Sawai Madhopur - that is the railway station for Ranthambore.

If you do that, after finishing off Ranthambore, you can take the same train to Jaipur, saving you an expensive taxi ride.

Jaipur is a lovely city, good for at least 3 days. Easy to get around - you don't even need a taxi, even ricks will suffice.

Out of Jaipur, visits to Pushkar (Brahma Temple, Holy tank), near Ajmer, are recommended. You can take a taxi all the way or go to Ajmer by train and take bus/ shared ricks from Ajmer to Pushkar.

In Jaipur, I prefer RTDC hotels, there are 3 or 4 there, select as per your budge. Advantage of RTDC is you have a pick-up conducted bus tour at your door-step, besides it is close to railway station.

In case you are going to do lots of shopping - rejais, dress material, mattresses, etc - fly in and rain out, no need tto pay excess baggage. Jaipur shops also arrange to send your stuff by trucks also, very reliable, no need to carry all the stuff yourself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks