Team-BHP - How to go from Jayanagar to Krishnarajapuram Railway Station?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   How to go from Jayanagar to Krishnarajapuram Railway Station? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/45634-how-go-jayanagar-krishnarajapuram-railway-station.html)

I need to do this journey today. I need to be at Krishnarajapuram (KRJP for short from now :p )at 7:30 this evening.

What time should I leave and what route should I take? The thing is, I have no idea abt Old MAdras Road. I think OMR is the best way to get there and while I've heard a lot abt OMR, I've never been there.

So, please give me detailed directions.

Regards

Nikhil

Option 1:

Search you route query in MapmyIndia.com Online maps, GPS Navigation, Driving Directions, Local Search or Yahoo! India Maps

Option 2:

1. Come down to Kormangala from Jayanagar (Jaynagar ->Dairy Circle -> Forum -> St. Johns Hospital -> Kormangala)

2. Go Straight from Kormangala till dead end and turn right that is Old Madras Road (Kormanagala -> Sony World Signal -> EjiPura Signal -> Intermidiate Ring Road -> Indiranagar 100 Ft. Road Straight till dead end that is OMR)

3. Turn Right and go straight you will find KR Puram ask there for KR Puram station.

Option 3:

1. From Jayanagar Go to MG Road

2. MG Road go towards Trinity circle straight

3. Go towards Ulsoor - > OMR and go straight till you find KR Puram bridge and KR Puram.

GO to Silk board, take the ORR, you will reach KRpuram.

Silk Board - HSR Signal - Marathahalli - Krpuram.

For car parking, under the cable stayed bridge you need to take U turn and immediate left.

Dont take OMR it will be choked near RMZ under the rail bridge.

Abhi

I would recommend the route suggested by akroy and plan to leave at least 1.5 to 2.0 hrs before. You will have bad traffic at Udipi Gardens, Silkboard and then at Bellandur junction. The next three junctions are not that bad.

Take 2 hours atleast, to be safe. Traffic is going to be tight, esp at KR puram under-bridge, if you go via OMR. Not that rest of the route will be clear.

With ORR, again traffic will be there. hear HSR layout, Bellandur, Marathalli. and a little after that too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 974345)
I need to do this journey today. I need to be at Krishnarajapuram (KRJP for short from now :p )at 7:30 this evening.

Never even think of OMR this time. You should be really lucky to have less traffic. Best is the ORR as mentioned by akroy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 974357)
GO to Silk board, take the ORR, you will reach KRpuram.

Silk Board - HSR Signal - Marathahalli - Krpuram.

For car parking, under the cable stayed bridge you need to take U turn and immediate left.

Dont take OMR it will be choked near RMZ under the rail bridge.

Abhi

This is best route.Even coming via St. John try to merge Sarjapur ORR via Agara circle. But in evening Sarjapur ORR is bit crowded

So, basically I keep going on ORR. Do I have to pass Innovative Multiplex also? I have been to Innovative. I need to know whether I need to pass that and keep going straight?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 974871)
So, basically I keep going on ORR. Do I have to pass Innovative Multiplex also? I have been to Innovative. I need to know whether I need to pass that and keep going straight?

Nikhil

You need to pass multiplex then, go under the marathalli bridge and from there the distance to the KR puram is around 5 kms roughly. Keep going on ORR only

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 974871)

yes you need to pass innovative multiplex and keep going straight on the O.R.R. Its still a bit far off from innovative multiplex.

I would recommend Outer Ring Road instead of the other routes because of the following reasons:

1. M.G Road and Indira Nagar are affected by Metro construction.
2. Traffic infront of RMZ The Bay, Old Madras Road, would be high.
3. As you know the way till Innovative Multiplex, it is easier to reach.

For some reason, the Krishnarajapuram bridge & underpass, Beninganahalli, OMR, Whitefield Road etc, have been relatively traffic free since yesterday morning. I travel on work most days from C V Raman Nagar to ITPL and back.

I don't know how traffic has been on the Inner Ring Road to Koramangala but if that is not too bad, you can actually take the IRR all the way till Airport Road, keep straight on the Domlur flyover, hit Indira Nagar 100ft Road and then turn right at the T junction to go on the OMR to reach Krishnarajapuram via RMZ Infinity / Beninganahalli.

If you are approaching the KRPuram bridge from OMR, keep left and head in the direction marked "Hosur / Whitefield". If coming from the ORR as suggested by akroy, the proper route would be to proceed towards OMR (sign marked "Bangalore City") and take a U-turn near Gopalan Heritage. The rest is as the OMR route.

The U-turn indicated by akroy is now blocked with barricades.

P.S. Who was the brain behind the design of this bridge / underpass etc.?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrag (Post 974967)
For some reason, the Krishnarajapuram bridge & underpass, Beninganahalli, OMR, Whitefield Road etc, have been relatively traffic free since yesterday morning. I travel on work most days from C V Raman Nagar to ITPL and back.

Effect of Rs 1/- ticket in Volvo. I am seeing them fully crowded from yesterday :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambuhere1 (Post 975041)
Effect of Rs 1/- ticket in Volvo. I am seeing them fully crowded from yesterday :)

No wonder traffic was comparatively less today. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrag (Post 974967)
The U-turn indicated by akroy is now blocked with barricades.

What :Shockked:? Till 25th Aug it was very well there when I went to drop my dad.

Now if anyone coming from Hebbal stretch of ORR and wants to go to OMR, he have to go towards Mahadevapura (Bimal showroom) to take the U turn.

Are you sure the turn under the bridge is barricaded?

Abhi