Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2008, 11:15   #1
manukale

Query regarding Saputara: from Nasik

Hi,

I wan't to go to Saputara Hill Station. Need following help as I have never been there. pls help:

1) Route (with tiny haults, & distances) from Nasik to Saputara
2) Staying arrangements - if possible with details & the costs; (will prefer bed-n-breakfast type accomodation over the commercial hotels)
3) How many days' stay should I plan (including Daman & Nani-Daman)
4) Is there any "hatke" (off-beat) beach nereby, less crowded, where my family only can enjoy the sea? (Like near Alibaug, there are several; with facilities of bed-n-breakfast)
5) Can it be circular journey i.e. are there two routes "from Nasik" - "to Saputara" which could be followed separately - one while going ahead & another while coming back.
6) any additional information

Thanks

Old 12th September 2008, 22:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hai Manukale, My answers in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manukale View Post
Hi,

I wan't to go to Saputara Hill Station. Need following help as I have never been there. pls help:

1) Route (with tiny haults, & distances) from Nasik to Saputara

Uploading my Ahmedabad-Shirdi excel trip log, you'd get exact distances and timings.

2) Staying arrangements - if possible with details & the costs; (will prefer bed-n-breakfast type accomodation over the commercial hotels)

Have done this route 3/4 times, did not find Saputara very exciting, one night stay would be OK. Will try to find out some infor on stay etc., by 20th, its at my office, right now I am out on tour.

3) How many days' stay should I plan (including Daman & Nani-Daman)

I think 3-4 nights would be more than enough for a leasurely drive.

4) Is there any "hatke" (off-beat) beach nereby, less crowded, where my family only can enjoy the sea? (Like near Alibaug, there are several; with facilities of bed-n-breakfast)

The beach there is small, so I don't see possibility of "only for self" stretch. Week-days would be better, less crowded. Will find some info on hotels @ Daman and post it later.

5) Can it be circular journey i.e. are there two routes "from Nasik" - "to Saputara" which could be followed separately - one while going ahead & another while coming back.

Yes, you can go thro. Saputara, go to Daman, join NH8, to towards Mumbai, somewhere off Manor, there's a road cutting left towards Nasik, don't have exact information.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: xls Abad-Shirdi2007.xls (31.5 KB, 786 views)
Old 12th September 2008, 22:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
You can go to Saputara from Nashik, come to Vapi to go to Daman and from Daman return via Silvassa to Jawahar (direct road avoiding NH8) and Triambakeshwar to Nashik. The route from Silvassa to Triambakeshwar is totally yours and unspoilt landscapes.

Bordi is a nice small beach on the coast between Daman and Dahanu (direct Daman-Bordi-Dahanu coast road). In case you do it, you can go on and bisec NH8 via Dahanu at Charoti and go to Jawahar.
Old 13th September 2008, 00:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Saputara is a hill station in name, and is really a glorified drinking joint (Hotel Shradha anyone?) for Gujaratis escaping prohibition. Yes there are hills, but that's not the only stellar bit about the Saputara location is that its on the border

rest ramky ji and hvk saab have put.
Old 13th September 2008, 11:01   #5
manukale

THANKS team!!

Personal thanks to all!! The info. is really helpful.

I think I will have to drop the idea as I don't booze(!!) NOR I want to ruine my family trip due to boozers. cheers: (cheers on net only!!)

I am planning a long trip around the Diwali vacation. Exploring various places, hence this querry.

Old 13th September 2008, 22:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Personal thanks to all!! The info. is really helpful.

I think I will have to drop the idea as I don't booze(!!) NOR I want to ruine my family trip due to boozers. cheers: (cheers on net only!!)

I am planning a long trip around the Diwali vacation. Exploring various places, hence this querry.
You can easily drive up to MP, go to Kanha / Bandhavgarh WLS for a change or drive to Jabalpur and see the Marble rocks @ Bedagadh, cover Panchmarhi, Ujjain / Omkareswar, but will have to do the bookings fast, hotels would have got filled up now. Just a suggestion.........

--Ramky
--------

Last edited by ramkya1 : 13th September 2008 at 22:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks