Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 20:28   #16
BHPian

@Jaggu - You've nailed it! My biggest worry is the people and animals that can surprise you by crossing the road and the two-wheelers and trucks (!) on the wrong side of the road!

That's also the main reason I don't see myself going too fast unless visibility is at least a good 300m!

I had a very close shave on one of the flyovers on this route last year when I was following a well driven Swift at speeds of over 120kmph when not one but two Luna type mopeds snuck up on me on the wrong side just as I was ascending the crest of the flyover while overtaking a truck! I till date don't know how I missed hitting the two of them. It would have been awful but I think I just managed to squeeze in between the truck and the idiots.

Also, I will be taking the Varthur-Attibele-Hosur route which I think is bearable.

@Abhi - No offence meant when I said you were funny. I appreciate what you are saying but I think its just a misunderstanding. Obviously, my worry about the overheating is from driving at high speeds over a prolonged period. It's not like I'm worried about the upgrade as much as finding out some important pointers about the route under these conditions! Like what iraghava said!

@iraghava - Thanks for the tip! This may be (actually it just is) silly but I don't have a jack handle Will pick one up when I drop the car for service this week!
Old 27th October 2008, 20:57   #17
BHPian

Update:

Trip went very well! The highway is almost faultless! The Hosur area is very problematic with the Elevated Highway construction and Poonamallee is equally bad. However, the Kathipara Jn flyover was inaugurated on Diwali so that was a bonus.

Approx distance covered - 650 km
Avg speed on highway - 130 kmph
Top speed achieved - 165 kmph

My observations: The Nankang rubber is not bad at all, considering it's not top of the line and hence not very expensive. The ride quality was good and the grip was reassuring at all times. The only complaint is that the very high speed (over 150 kmph) handling was a bit iffy. However, for most part, the tires held up very well.

The highway was relatively free, especially on the return leg, due to Diwali. No untoward incidents and a relatively routine trip.
Old 28th October 2008, 10:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

do you remember what i had told you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
Update:

Trip went very well! The highway is almost faultless! The Hosur area is very problematic with the Elevated Highway construction and Poonamallee is equally bad. However, the Kathipara Jn flyover was inaugurated on Diwali so that was a bonus.

Approx distance covered - 650 km
Avg speed on highway - 130 kmph
Top speed achieved - 165 kmph

My observations: The Nankang rubber is not bad at all, considering it's not top of the line and hence not very expensive. The ride quality was good and the grip was reassuring at all times. The only complaint is that the very high speed (over 150 kmph) handling was a bit iffy. However, for most part, the tires held up very well.

The highway was relatively free, especially on the return leg, due to Diwali. No untoward incidents and a relatively routine trip.
Old 28th October 2008, 12:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
do you remember what i had told you??
LOL! yeah! The total distance covered was 700 kms actually. FE is 13 kmpl.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks