Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2008, 19:37   #1
BHPian

Bangalore-Sirsi-Dandeli-Hubli

Hi All,

I am planning for a tour to Dandeli during Nov21- 24. Hence I wanted some guidance on the same. As per my analysis for the route here is what I could find from reliable sources. Is this the route that I can take?
My plan is this:
21st- reach sirsi by noon. Move around there.
22nd - move around sirsi for sightseeing.
23rd - morning drive to Dandeli.
24th - Early morning drive to Hubli.
24th - Noon drive back to Bangalore.

1) In sirsi what are the tourist places that I can cover on 21st from noon to night and also on 22nd full day?
2) I wanted to know the distance from Sirsi - Dandeli and how long will it take to drive?
3) From Dandeli, how long will it take to drive to Hubli?

Also places to stay in Dandeli and contact info?
(I would be willing to stay towards Ganesh Gudi, since that would towards Hubli I believe)

Thanks,
Anup

Last edited by anup7649 : 20th October 2008 at 19:39.
Old 21st October 2008, 17:12   #2
BHPian

Guys, somebody help me. I see so many posts put around, but not a single reply to this one?

Anup
Old 21st October 2008, 20:24   #3
BHPian

Anup, for places around Sirsi , RaviBhat would be the best person.

You can google Jungle Lodges/Resorts which would be nearby Dandeli. I think this is somewhere near the banks of Kali river if I am not wrong. They have river rafting as well. Dandeli to Hubli could be ~2 hours though I am not sure as I havent travelled recently to know the route conditions.
Old 21st October 2008, 21:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Firstly, which route would you take to Sirsi?
You can either go through NH4 till Haveri and take a deviation or go through Shimoga (dont know the highway number). NH4 option is quicker eventhiugh it may be longer. But if you go though Shimoga, you have the option of stopping at Jog falls

This is what I know around Sirsi
  • Yana
  • Unchalli falls
  • Shivagange Falls
  • Sahasralinga
  • Sonda
There is also town called Yellapur on the way to Dandeli. You can see
  • Magodu falls
  • Jenukallu betta (difficult drive)
Old 21st October 2008, 22:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

I second what Guna says. I suggest you avoid Sirsi and cover only Dandeli or cover only areas around Sirsi.

Take nh4 which is being repaired now and would be ready in 1 month with repair work. Avoid Shimoga route.

Bangalore - Chitradurga - Haveri - Sirsi.

Half of the road (30km) between Sirsi and Yellapur is in very bad state. Sirsi - yellapur - Dandeli would be nearly 4 hours drive.

I suggest you cover Dandeli this time and try Sirsi area next year because this time it rained less, so water falls are not exciting to watch.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 22nd October 2008, 08:51   #6
BHPian

Anup,
You can go to Dandeli directly. Stay in Jungle resorts (Bison resort).
It helps you stay next to kali and inside Dandeli forest. The purpose of going to Dandeli would be served in both ways.
Next, visit Supa dam (gudi).
From there, reach Hubli via Dharwad.
TO go to Dandeli, travel Bangalore - tumkur - chitradurga - haveri - hubli - dharwad - dandeli.

If u want to go to Sirsi, Do Haveri - Sirsi.
You can visit Yana... refer laluks's log to get more info.
Since u intend to go to Hubli after that, u can travel to Yallapur , visit Magod falls and "kavedikeri lake" (awesome in the midst of thick jungle, enroute magod falls) and reach Hubli on yallapur-hubli highway.
Old 22nd October 2008, 17:06   #7
BHPian

Thanks Ravi, Pramod and Guna.
Yes, looking at Ravi's suggestion, I would better goto Dandeli only and tour around there.
So then I would follow this route to Dandeli:
Bangalore-chitradurga-Hubli-Dharwad-Dandeli.

While coming back I have to stop in Hubli for a day. So what is the distance from Dandeli to Hubli, or as Pramod suggested if I come through Dandeli-Yellapur-hubli, are the roads good and how long will it take?

Also please guide me to places that are Must visit in Dandeli, so that staying in Bison resort, it would be ideal for me to travel.

Thanks,
Anup
Old 22nd October 2008, 20:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

There are lot of places around, best way is search in google and you can try Jungle Lodges & Resorts Eco Holidays very good resort it has.

Dandeli - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hubli - yellapur (before yellapur you get right turn) - near haliyaal take left turn - dandeli would be around 120km might take 3 hours, you will love this route, good roads.
hubli - dharwad (near dharward in nh4 bypass take left turn) - haliyaal - dandeli would be 70km might take 2 hours, queit ok road around dharwad - haliyaal.

If you have time visit Satoodi falls if you want to explore and do adventure, need 4 hours to visit this place and right turn come when you are 1 km near yellapur from hubli. Last 5 km road is bad not tarred near sataodi falls, but you will love the place, back water of kali dam, forest area all around. lovely water fall although falls with just 100 feet height.

I sugest you try both the routes.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 22nd October 2008 at 20:11.
Old 23rd October 2008, 18:54   #9
BHPian

That looks like a good deal. I would then plan accordingly as this:

Day1 : Bangalore - Dandeli - Halt in resort
Day2 : Dandeli around picnics
Day3 : Drive down to Yellapur in noon and then Hubli by eve. Halt in Hubli
Day4 : Personal work in Hubli and then noon leave to Bangalore.

Can I get some pointers for good hotel in Hubli? All I remember is few hotels near lamington road. This is my 7 years back memories.

Anup
Old 21st July 2014, 12:29   #10
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore-Sirsi-Dandeli-Hubli

Something seems to have gone wrong with Karnataka PWD department. Especially in Uttara Kannada. The roads in UK are in pristine condition. even the village roads. If you are planning to drive in the area, you will love it. We were there on the weekend.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks