Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2008, 09:41   #1
BHPian

Mumbai Pune Expressway

Hi guys,
Can someone tell me if there are any HP pumps on the Mumbai Pune expressway that accept credit cards.

Thank you.
Old 27th October 2008, 09:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yes, when you are going from Bombay, after the Khopoli toll gate, there is a HPCL petrol pump and Food Mall. This HPCL Club pump accepts credit cards and Club HP cards. This is also one of the cheapest places to refuel in Maharashtra.
Old 27th October 2008, 09:58   #3
BHPian

Thank you so much Kumar.
Old 23rd June 2014, 20:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai Pune Expressway

Guys will be traveling to pune from mumbai for the first time. What are loctions on route where i can fill CNG and also how many toll points are there? I think it's 125 per toll. If someone could mention the total distance to Pune Magarpatta via Airoli that will be great.

Thanks all

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 23rd June 2014 at 20:30.
Old 24th June 2014, 13:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Guys will be traveling to pune from mumbai for the first time. What are loctions on route where i can fill CNG and also how many toll points are there? I think it's 125 per toll. If someone could mention the total distance to Pune Magarpatta via Airoli that will be great.
Thanks all
Hi Sumeet,

There are two toll points from Bombay to Poona. One when you leave the city (INR 30.00) at Vashi and another on the expressway (INR 165.00). This toll amount is for cars.
It's approximately 170 kms from Dadar to Poona city, so your distance should be around that.
No idea about CNG pumps.

Be extra careful if it's raining or the roads are wet. The first monsoon is very treacherous.
Have a good trip!

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 15:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks all
The last CNG would be the GAIL station at Panvel.AFAIK there is no CNG on the MPEW.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 16:01   #7
BHPian

Toll has been hiked to 195 right? No CNG on expressway, at max you will find it once it ends. There is one HPCL outlet but it's on the opposite direction.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 16:54   #8
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks all
Sumeet,

As others mentoned, the oneway toll on the Mumbai Pune Expressway is Rs. 195/-. If you are driving from main city, then you will have to pay Rs. 30/- either at Vashi toll plaza or Airoli toll plaza depending on which route you are taking.

There is no CNG filling stations on the Expressway. You will have to look for one after you reach Pune.

Since, it is your first time on this road, I suggest you to drive safely and responsibly. There are lots of heavy vehicles on this road and especially the traffic on the ghats is treacherous. It was not raining much when I made a trip this weekend. Often during heavy rains, the ghat section become very foggy and visibility is very low. So, always drive with a manageable speed and do not exceed speed limits at any time.
In all my trips, I found that cruising at 80km/hr is safe and enjoyable. And you will not gain much time by going above 100 km/hr. Make use of indicators to change lanes and overtake only when it is safe to do so. Stay away from heavy vehicles as they tend to switch lanes haphazardly. Good Luck and Drive Safe!!
sukhoi30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 23:44   #9
NKN
BHPian

While travelling from Pune to Mumbai, there is a HP petrol pump on the left hand side service road (next to a Shell Pump) before you hit the expressway where CNG is available.
On the way back the last CNG station is at Panvel as mentioned in the earlier post. If you are driving via Palm beach road, CNG is available at the BP outlet diagonally opposite to MCD at CBD Belapur.
When you reach Pune, it is available at the HP outlet immediately after crossing Wakad flyover (Bhumkar chowk after crossing Ginger hotel on your LHS).
Toll - As rightly mentioned by others is Rs 195/- one way on the express way and Rs30/- to cross over to Mumbai.
NKN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 13:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

@sukhoi30 @Cyborg thank you for your driving tips i really appreciate them.I have no plans on speeding etc and would stick to a sedate 70-80 KMPH.

However to all, with respect to below link that the toll receipt would be used to check speeding on the Mumbai-Pune expressway led me to believe that there is more than one toll plaza on the highway. So is it so ? If not i wonder how the below is to be implemented.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/18249595.cms

Thanks all.
Old 30th June 2014, 14:01   #11
BHPian

Quote:
@sukhoi30 @Cyborg thank you for your driving tips i really appreciate them.I have no plans on speeding etc and would stick to a sedate 70-80 KMPH.

However to all, with respect to below link that the toll receipt would be used to check speeding on the Mumbai-Pune expressway led me to believe that there is more than one toll plaza on the highway. So is it so ? If not i wonder how the below is to be implemented.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/18249595.cms

Thanks all.
Yes, there is two toll plazas on the highway. One is at Khalapur (From the Mumbai side) where you pay the Rs. 195/- and keep the receipt. (Do not lose the receipt else you will have to pay at the exit.) The other is at Talegaon where you have to show the toll receipt that you collected earlier.

About the speeding news, if you happen to reach Talegaon toll plaza within 30 mins of the Khalapur toll plaza, the cops can pull up for speeding. If you do 70-80 kmph you will take at least 40 - 45 mins between the two toll booths.

HTH
sukhoi30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 15:14   #12
BHPian

Hi,

Just wanted to know if there are any peak times for the Mumbai-Pune section?

I plan to leave from Mumbai on a Friday evening (around 5PM), and return back Saturday afternon. Should I expect a lot of office rush/trucks during the late evening?

It's going to be my first experience on the Mumbai-Pune expressway, having heard so much about it, and how much more enchanting it turns into during the rains. Would be booking a Myles self drive Swift/Polo to experience this.
Old 9th July 2014, 16:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
Hi,

Just wanted to know if there are any peak times for the Mumbai-Pune section?

I plan to leave from Mumbai on a Friday evening (around 5PM), and return back Saturday afternon. Should I expect a lot of office rush/trucks during the late evening?

It's going to be my first experience on the Mumbai-Pune expressway, having heard so much about it, and how much more enchanting it turns into during the rains. Would be booking a Myles self drive Swift/Polo to experience this.
Sinner, with my office load, at a time I had to do this stretch atleast once a week.

Since this is your first trip and assuming you are a safe driver, the roads as such do not pose many challenges. Its pretty straigh forward.

However, please bear in mind that this is a cemented road and over speeding can lead to tyre bursts. Ensure you drive within safe speed limits.

The Lonavala/Khandala Ghats may have a slightly slow traffic(mainly over sized trucks). Negotiate the turns well since you will hit it post sun set(on your way to Pune).

While return, you will encounter some traffic at Kharghar as there is some road work going on.

Else, enjoy the joy ride....

DRIVE SAFE, BE SAFE & ENJOY THE RIDE
Old 14th July 2014, 13:01   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Sinner, with my office load, at a time I had to do this stretch atleast once a week.

Since this is your first trip and assuming you are a safe driver, the roads as such do not pose many challenges. Its pretty straigh forward.

However, please bear in mind that this is a cemented road and over speeding can lead to tyre bursts. Ensure you drive within safe speed limits.

The Lonavala/Khandala Ghats may have a slightly slow traffic(mainly over sized trucks). Negotiate the turns well since you will hit it post sun set(on your way to Pune).

While return, you will encounter some traffic at Kharghar as there is some road work going on.

Else, enjoy the joy ride....

DRIVE SAFE, BE SAFE & ENJOY THE RIDE
Just wanted to update that the trip has been concluded successfully. Did it in a Myles Etios instead of the planned Swift (will post a detailed review on the Self drive thread).

A good experience, the rains kept me company all the way till Pune and back.

And yes, the trucks do parallel race on the inclines, slowing everyone down. In fact, this was the only stretch where I encountered rash/indisciplined drivers cutting across lanes, and overtaking from the left.
Old 14th July 2014, 13:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Sinner666;3477547]Just wanted to update that the trip has been concluded successfully. Did it in a Myles Etios instead of the planned Swift (will post a detailed review on the Self drive thread).

Dear Sinner

Happy to know you enjoyed the ride.

Would loo forward to your review. The trucks normally slows down the entire stretch and you need to be watchful especially at night.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks