Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2008, 15:36   #1

Chennai to Wayanad : Route Queries

Please BHPians can you please help me out in giving the route for Chennai to waynad..i am planning to go for trip to wayanad...i founf two routes in the forums...but i need which is route is the best...
Old 11th November 2008, 15:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

you may want to check out this travelogue Here (Chennai - Mahe (Chockly) - Wayanad: An exciting 4day 2000Kms Trip)
Old 12th November 2008, 13:31   #3
BHPian

I guess you need to come to mysore. Sorry, no info b/w chennai and mysore. From mysore: Nanjngud-> Gundlupet->Sultan Bathery->kalpetta->Mananthavady. Almost all of the wayanad attractions will come on this route, or a slight de-tour. Excellent roads all the way. You will find yourself looking for some bad roads, for a change, and thouroughly disappointed. :-)
regards, VV.
Old 12th November 2008, 16:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

I had gone upto Gundlupet using a different route byepassing both Bangalore & Mysore, if you want you can have details of the route in my trip report. The stretch between Chamrajnagar & Tamil Nadu border is bad, please keep that in mind.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...p-chennai.html
Old 12th November 2008, 16:49   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu@042181 View Post
Please BHPians can you please help me out in giving the route for Chennai to waynad..i am planning to go for trip to wayanad...i founf two routes in the forums...but i need which is route is the best...

Hi,
I did Chennai -calicut 4 months back via, BLR- MYSORE- GUNDALPET- SULATANBATHERY- WAYANAD.

Roads were pretty ok.
Old 12th November 2008, 16:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

The only good route unfortunately will take you through Bangalore.

Chennai - Bangalore (all along the GQ) - Silkboard junction left - BTM - Jayadeva Flyover left - Bannerghatta Road - Right towards Mysore JP Nagar Ring road - Left towards Mysore at the end of Ring road - take left before Mysore for Mysore ring road - Nanjangud - Gundulpet (take right here) - Sultan Battery - Kalpetta - Vythiri

There are different threads were you can collate the information from.

There are plenty of Bangalore - Wayanad travelogues and route queries. Also plenty of Chennai - Bangalore threads.
Old 16th December 2011, 17:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

re: Chennai to Wayanad : Route Queries

Guys
can you pls provide the route from Mysore to Wayanad ? planning to drive down from Chennai to Wayanad.

also will be halting overnight at Mysore. could you pls suggest some decent hotels - must have a good veg restaurant and affordable family stay - thanks a lot
Old 16th December 2011, 17:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys
can you pls provide the route from Mysore to Wayanad ? planning to drive down from Chennai to Wayanad.

also will be halting overnight at Mysore. could you pls suggest some decent hotels - must have a good veg restaurant and affordable family stay - thanks a lot
Narayan,

It is straight forward route Mysore - Nanjanagud - Gundlupet - Sultan Bathery - Kalpetta (Wayanad).

Try Sidharth International and Dasaprakash Paradise for stay in Mysore
Old 16th December 2011, 20:50   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys

When are you planning to drive down? Are you going to use a TN registered vehicle? Why I am asking this is because of the recent unrest between the 2 states because of the dam issue. Even I planned for the Wayanad trip toward end of this month and now shifting my destination to Coorg/Kodaikanal.
Old 19th December 2011, 10:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
When are you planning to drive down? Are you going to use a TN registered vehicle? Why I am asking this is because of the recent unrest between the 2 states because of the dam issue. Even I planned for the Wayanad trip toward end of this month and now shifting my destination to Coorg/Kodaikanal.

This weekend in a TN reg vehicle . not sure whether Wayanad would be impacted because i understand issue is mainly in Idukki belt. will anyway check with the place i have booked in Wayanad
thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 10:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This weekend in a TN reg vehicle . not sure whether Wayanad would be impacted because i understand issue is mainly in Idukki belt. will anyway check with the place i have booked in Wayanad
thanks
It will not be affected. Dont worry. Have a nice holiday.
Old 19th December 2011, 11:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

Fauji - thanks

also i am now thinking whether i should take the overnight break at Bangalore itself because it looks like Mysore is almost close to Wayanad and Bangalore will be more like the mid point. since we are driving with 3 kids and 2 old folks we might end up taking lot of breaks

What are appox driving times from Chennai- Blore and Blore to Wayanand ?

if you guys feel stopping over at Blore is a better bet, request for some affordable over night stay options in B'lore OUTSKIRTS ( maybe near ring road/nice road ) from where the next day exit to Mysore would be easy

thanks a lot !
Old 19th December 2011, 12:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fauji - thanks

also i am now thinking whether i should take the overnight break at Bangalore itself because it looks like Mysore is almost close to Wayanad and Bangalore will be more like the mid point. since we are driving with 3 kids and 2 old folks we might end up taking lot of breaks

if you guys feel stopping over at Blore is a better bet, request for some affordable over night stay options in B'lore OUTSKIRTS ( maybe near ring road/nice road ) from where the next day exit to Mysore would be easy

thanks a lot !
Chennai-BLR should not take you more than 5hours.

BLR-Mysore: 2-3hours
Mysore-Gundulpet:1-1.5hour
Gundulpet-Wayanad:2-2.5hours
Old 19th December 2011, 18:52   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks
Hope, no issues over there. Anyway double check with the people over there. Enjoy you holiday .
Old 20th December 2011, 12:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fauji - thanks

thanks a lot !
I suggest you opt for Hosur in that case because you can take the ring road from Electronic City. Also I suggest you take the following route to go to Bathery since the road would be extremely crowded between Bangalore & Mysore.

Hosur - Electronic City - NICE corridor - Kanakapura - Malavalli - Kollegal - Chamraj Nagar - Gundlupet.

National Highway 7 to Bangalore-Calicut Hwy - Google Maps

The only point you will have to be worried about is getting onto Gundlupet road from Chamraj Nagar, all you have to do is to continue onwards towards Sathyamangalam, just after you leave the town you would find the right to Gundlupet. You can ask for directions in Chamrajnagar where people would guide you. From Chamrajnagar until Gundlupet continue on the westward road all the way, its the only major road in almost all village intersections.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks