Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 07:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, will go via Madikeri, and post an update later.
Old 26th November 2009, 17:35   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Thanks a lot for the suggestions, will go via Madikeri, and post an update later.
Have a good drive.
Old 5th December 2009, 07:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,
Just drove back from Mangalore yesterday. Had a good trip, courtesy the advice of fellow Team BHPians! Update on the road conditions :

Bangalore to Srirangapatna : Excellent
Mysore Bypass road (Upto Yelwal) : Fair (narrow, with occasional potholes)
Yelwal to Kushalnagar : Excellent
Kushalnagar to Madikeri (around 28 kms): Bad, 10 kms stretch under repair
Madikeri to Sampaje (ghat road) : Bad at corners
Sampaje to Sullia : Fair
Sullia to Puttur : Good (a bit narrow)
Puttur to Mangalore (on NH48) : Terrible, especially after Kalladka. Very difficult to drive after Kalladka. It is better to take a detour (left turn) at Melkar on NH48 (7 to 8 kms after Mani), and proceed via the Mangalore University, Deralakatte, and reach South Mangalore via NH17. I did this on my return trip, it was much better.
Thanks all! Hope this helps.
Old 5th December 2009, 10:14   #19
BHPian

Mangalore route from bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Hi all,
Just drove back from Mangalore yesterday. Had a good trip, courtesy the advice of fellow Team BHPians! Update on the road conditions :

Bangalore to Srirangapatna : Excellent
Mysore Bypass road (Upto Yelwal) : Fair (narrow, with occasional potholes)
Yelwal to Kushalnagar : Excellent
Kushalnagar to Madikeri (around 28 kms): Bad, 10 kms stretch under repair
Madikeri to Sampaje (ghat road) : Bad at corners
Sampaje to Sullia : Fair
Sullia to Puttur : Good (a bit narrow)
Puttur to Mangalore (on NH48) : Terrible, especially after Kalladka. Very difficult to drive after Kalladka. It is better to take a detour (left turn) at Melkar on NH48 (7 to 8 kms after Mani), and proceed via the Mangalore University, Deralakatte, and reach South Mangalore via NH17. I did this on my return trip, it was much better.
Thanks all! Hope this helps.

You mean join NH-17 at Ullal ? Are you referring to Kadri <-> Ullal <-> Deralakatte <-> Melkar route ?

Can you also post approximately how long it took you to cover each streth - just to get an idea of the driving time ?

What are your thoughts on bangalore -> Mangalore by going via Puttur, manjeshwar and then taking NH-17 ?

thanks
Old 5th December 2009, 13:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

It took me just less than an hour from Ullal to Melkar. The roads are far more motorable compared to the NH 48 stretch from Mangalore to Melkar. I started from Ullal, and went via Deralakatte, Natekal & Mangalore University. I have not driven via the Manjeshwar sector, though. Maybe somebody can help on this.
Old 5th December 2009, 19:54   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
You mean join NH-17 at Ullal ? Are you referring to Kadri <-> Ullal <-> Deralakatte <-> Melkar route ?

Can you also post approximately how long it took you to cover each streth - just to get an idea of the driving time ?

What are your thoughts on bangalore -> Mangalore by going via Puttur, manjeshwar and then taking NH-17 ?

thanks
Bangalore to Puttur you can drive . But after that once you touch NH 48. Its just pathetic. Even NH 17 is in a bad shape. But repair work had begun sometime back in certain stretch.

Frankly speaking the 3 national Highways which passes through Mangalore NH 17, NH 48 and NH 13 are worst than even interior village roads in the district.
Old 17th August 2011, 15:48   #22
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Manjeshwar (Via Madikeri) - Road Conditions

During the Aug15th Weekend, we travelled to Madikeri and then to Bhagamandala and TalaKauvery. Roads are excellent. I was little sceptical about this trip as it falls in the rainy season and didnt get a green signal about the road conditions. But to my surprise, there werent any hitches, no bad roads... It was a pleasant and safe drive. Roads are bad inside the Madikeri Town and till the diversion towards Bhagamandala. Once you go around 6-7 KMs from Madikeri to BHagamandala, the roads towards Bhagamandala is great... Anyone going that side can just go without hesitation. And I believe Coorg is just really beautiful when it rains... All The Best !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks