Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2008, 00:16   #1
BHPian

Holiday destination From Delhi

i wish to take my wife on a small weekend ( since we have to postponde our honeymoon due to my new job)

1) cannot extend beyond 4 days weekend included.
2) place should not require visa ( or visa on arrival )
3) start point and end point should be delhi
4) buget <= 1 lakh

pls suggest
Old 12th December 2008, 10:03   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

@kool_Kid, i am wondering why your against taking a visa?

In that budget you can travel to Malaysia and Singapore for more than a week looking at the current economy scenario and you have huge opportunities to bargain for best of the deals.

I went for honeymoon to these destinations and stayed in 4* properties and was there for about 12 days ( including a few days at a friend's place in Singapore) with whole lot of shopping and it costed me about a Lakh or a little more.

Since you haven't taken her out after your marriage. I think this kind of a trip would be a wonderful gift to her
Old 12th December 2008, 11:11   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
i wish to take my wife on a small weekend ( since we have to postponde our honeymoon due to my new job)

1) cannot extend beyond 4 days weekend included.
2) place should not require visa ( or visa on arrival )
3) start point and end point should be delhi
4) buget <= 1 lakh

pls suggest
Since you mention visas, I suppose you are looking at a foreign trip? The only places I know of where you don't need a visa are Nepal and Bhutan. I am sure there are flights directly to Kathmandu from Delhi. For Bhutan, you can go via Kolkata. Not sure of there is anything from Delhi.

For something exotic but within India, the Andamans are a good option - long enough flight to make it feel like a foreign trip . If you are going there I can recommend the Fortune Bay Island hotel at Port Blair.
Old 12th December 2008, 12:45   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Btw, forgot to mention, if your not looking at taking visas. You can even consider Maldives. Srilankan Airlines flies cheap, not sure directly from Delhi but even a connecting flight would be quite economical.

Only grouse is hotel charges ( especially for ones which are in the middle of the ocean) are preposterous somewhere in the vicinity of USD400 per night during season. But, out of this world experience
Old 12th December 2008, 15:00   #5
Team-BHP Support

Fly to Andaman or Lakshdweep.
Fly jetlite 6:20am from Delhi reach Andeman by noon, spend 2 full days there, and come back on 4th day flying out at 12:30 from Port Blair and reaching Delhi at night
Flight cost inclusive of taxes < 50K, and for 3 nights you can get a good package for 20K
Old 13th December 2008, 00:32   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
...The only places I know of where you don't need a visa are Nepal and Bhutan. I am sure there are flights directly to Kathmandu from Delhi...
Nepal yes, but forget Bhutan. You won't be able to get to the interiors anyway due to permit restrictions and you'll spend more time obtaining one than the time you have at your disposal.

I'd highly recommend Nepal where you can spend 3 full days exploring Kathmandu and nearby places - Bhaktapur, Boudha, Bura Neelkantha. A very vibrant city, many things to see, all facilities. Also, INR is acceptable at almost all places, and you can even return to Delhi by road should there be an unforeseen situation with flights (just a thought).
Old 13th December 2008, 01:00   #7
Team-BHP Support

down South

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Good idea! OR just visit Kerala. Nice getaway for a few days.
Either ways, Cochin's a decently located airport.
Old 13th December 2008, 01:31   #8
Team-BHP Support

Kerala is also good. Stay at Leela Kovalam, 10,000/night with b'fast.
Old 15th December 2008, 18:57   #9
BHPian

Thank you for the suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Fly jetlite 6:20am from Delhi reach Andeman by noon, spend 2 full days there, and come back on 4th day flying out at 12:30 from Port Blair and reaching Delhi at night Flight cost inclusive of taxes < 50K, and for 3 nights you can get a good package for 20K
Thanks Tanveer , Since i have visited Andeman few years back. Let me try for Lakshdweep. Another good option can be Nepal but i have heard mixed reports after new govt has taken over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Btw, forgot to mention, if your not looking at taking visas. You can even consider Maldives. Srilankan Airlines flies cheap, not sure directly from Delhi but even a connecting flight would be quite economical.
I dont mind taking visa ( infact if my company had agreed to i would have taken her to Paris) Its just that i am planning to take advantage of christmas weekend ( 25-28 Dec ) i dont know if flights / rooms will be avaliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive
you are going there I can recommend the Fortune Bay Island hotel at Port Blair.
Thanks straightdrive thats a lovely suggestion , maybe next time.

THANK YOU so much guys for your suggestions for providing every possible information . I really appericate this.

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 15th December 2008 at 19:09.
Old 15th December 2008, 20:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

What I feel ideal place for such kind of Holiday is Mauritius. Ultimate. I have been to Mauritius, Singapore and Malaysia (Good for shopping) also but the for first holiday/honeymoon, Nothing can beat Mauritius in your budget.

Not sure about current visa requirement but I read somewhere that now, they give visa on arrival. You need to confirm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks