Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2008, 12:57   #1

Bangalore-Hyderabad-Basavakalyan

Dear All

Can someone suggest me the route to Travel from Bangalore to Basavakalyan in Bidar district one alternative according to me is Bangalore-Kurnool-Hyderbad-Zahirabad-Basavakalyan,Other alternative Bangalore-Kurnool-Mehboobnagar-Tandur-Chincholi-Homanabad-Basavakalyan.
Would like to know any other route (shorter) with road conditions?
I would like to travel by Hyundai Santro by next week.

Ravikant Hulsure
Bangalore.
Old 18th December 2008, 13:24   #2
BHPian

I would suggest that you take the first option as you would be on the NH.

The first being the NH7 and the second one being NH9(Mostly a good option rather than SH)

On reaching Hyderabad,you need not enter the city and take the IRR to reach BHEL(on NH9) via the old Bombay Highway road.From here it is a stright drive to Basavkalyan passing through Zaheerabad and Homnabad.
Old 18th December 2008, 15:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Stick to the NH-7/NH-9 combination.Its the easier one and well populated as well.No eating places on NH-7.4 laning in progress so do the stretch only during daytime.

Start early around 5am(4am is best) from BLR and you would reach Hyd outskirts around 230pm.After you see HYD Airport on your right,proceed on the highway till you reach a major intersection with an underpass(Rajendranagar Cross Roads)From there take a left and you are now on NH-9 coming from Vijayawada and going all the way upto Pune.After the left proceed on the road till you reach the Mehdipatnam intersection(the road reaches a dead end).From Mehdipatnam junction take a left and and you are now on the ring road.Proceed on the ring road till you reach Miyapur/Patancheru.The ring road ends there.From there take a left and you are now on the NH-9.Go straight on the highway,you would cross Sangareddy,Zaheerabad,Homnabad & finally Basavakalyan.4 hours from Miyapur,you would reach B'kalyan.

Breakfast at BLR Coffee day(theres a 24hour CCD on NH-7)just before BLR APT flyover,on the right.Break for lunch on any restaurant at Mehdipatnam or in the ring road.You would be at B'Klyan arnd 7pm with a 5am start.

4 laning in progress between Sangareddy & Miyapur,so you might lose speed there.Washroom/eating facilities non existent on NH-7/NH9.Carry ample water.None of the fuel stations accept card,except the HP one at Anantpur(on your right).They have an automated air check machine as well.

Enjoy your drive and have a safe one.PM me in case you get stuck some place.
Old 19th December 2008, 16:16   #4

Thanks a lot,The information provided by You is very useful ,I will be travelling on 25th of December and will be coming back on 28th of December.(If possible please give more information on Ring Road)

Thanks once again
Old 19th December 2008, 17:34   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikant View Post
Thanks a lot,The information provided by You is very useful ,I will be travelling on 25th of December and will be coming back on 28th of December.(If possible please give more information on Ring Road)

Thanks once again
When you reach outskirts of hyderabad ( Rajendra nagar), just ask someone for the ringroad that leads to BHEL or Patencheru and from there on it is straight on this road which is the Mumbai Highway.

From B.H.E.L, Basavakalyan should be approximately 150kms
Old 19th December 2008, 18:00   #6
BHPian

While you reach Shamshabad airport(on right) you will find ORR(Outer Ring Road) phase 1 which is opened recently on your left, take this route so that you can avoid Rajendra Nagar and Mehidipatnam(saves much time), it will take you directly to Gachibowli, at gachibowli junction take left and you are on NH9.

4 laning will almost done between Miyapur and Sangareddy, so no problem. Anyway you need not touch Miyapur if you take left at gachibowli junction but if you go straight you will touch miyapur, its a T junction in Miyapur, from there you need to take left and you are there on NH 9

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks