Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2008, 00:21   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Pune to Rishikesh, Joshimath via Rajastan or MP?

Hi Friends,

We are going for rafting camp at Rishikesh (24'th to 27'th Dec).
We are driving all the way and want to have a great time - sight seeing (***no cities, strictly nature and adventure) and of course - driving.

Please suggest the route, places to visit (sancturies, adventure parks - if any, and particularly interesting terrains).

Should we go via Rajasthan or M.P?
May be we can do both as we plan not to take the same route on return leg.

What are the most exiting things to experience in Rajasthan / M.P.?

And what are the options to stay (we would like to try something different...regular hotels are too boring).

We are leaving on Friday night (19'th Dec, i.e. tommorrow night). I know I am late in asking for info, but could not get around to do it earlier due to workload...

Hoping to get as much info as possible in next 24 hours or so...
Even if you read this on the weekend, kindly post anything you can share - I will try to login at least once en route to benifit from all your suggestions .

Please ...

Last edited by anandpadhye : 19th December 2008 at 00:25.
Old 19th December 2008, 00:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

For MP, Ramky's travelogue is an excellent reference (and a source of inspiration for me to go visit all those places).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...c-statues.html
Old 19th December 2008, 09:14   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
For MP, Ramky's travelogue is an excellent reference (and a source of inspiration for me to go visit all those places).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...c-statues.html

Thank you @hondadude (and of course Ramky). Very informative.

Please keep your suggestions flowing, friends...
Old 20th December 2008, 08:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Maybe it is too late to come up with suggestions but here I go -
Rajasthan route is the preferred route via Bombay, Surat, Baroda, Ahmedabad, Udaipur, Chittorgarh, Bhilwara, Kishangarh and Jaipur.
Lots of places where you can take a break, but Udaipur and Jaipur obviously top the list.
One other possible detour is to go to Pushkar near Ajmer, for which you can turn off before Kishnagarh when you are coming from Bhilwara.
Heavy fog at this time of the year can ruin your driving schedules, especially as you near Delhi and go beyond.
Expect showers in the plains towards Hardwar if it snows in the higher ranges.

In case you must come a different route, you could return via Agra, Gwalior, Shivpuri, Guna, Biaora, Shahjahanpur, Dewas, Indore, Sendhwa, Dhulia, Malegaon and Nasik. This is not a great road, and road widening work is on in the Indore-Dhulia stretch, and facilities are poor to say the least. You can come to Agra from Meerut without touching Delhi, but be warned that these roads are narrow, have no bypasses and have lots of miscellaneous traffic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks