Team-BHP - Kollur - places to stay?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Kollur - places to stay? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/51076-kollur-places-stay.html)

Hi,

Planning to go to Mookambika temple on Sunday morning (11am) from Bangalore (via Shimoga - as per many recommendations in other threads!). Visit the temple in the evening, stay overnight and come back the next day. My wife and my little daughter will be with me.

Anyone can suggest some decent accomodation in Kollur? Preferably with phone# too. Generator facility will be good. Will absolutely need parking for my Innova.

Thanks!
- Satheesh
PS: I've only been to Mysore in Karnataka - that too only for day trips! Well, there is always a first time.

IIRC, the temple has a guest house. Of course, there may be other options at Kundapura, but you will have to wait for others to post that.

Stay at Kundapur or even at Udupi. There arent many options for staying at Kollur, at least not when I last visited about 3 years ago. The temple has a very basic lodge which doesnt even have hot water, so that bath in the morning can be bitterly cold in this weather.

However this lodge is probably the only place with secure parking.

Lots of hotels to stay in Kollur. we went 1 month back and if i remember correct - it was lalithambika guesthouse.

huge guesthouse at the very end of the road at Kollur
once you enter Kollur - there is a big arch and then u reach a 90deg bend where u cant go straight in the car- but walk in to the temple. take the left there ( 90deg bend ) - the road goes down and then up and ends in around 100-150 m distance. right at the end - there is a huge guesthouse - where u have rooms from i thnk - 200 - 1000 Rs budget

apart from this one, the entire L shaped stretch has plenty of guesthouses

we did not book in advance - plenty of rooms available - but I presume, this is not at a time when there is any major function at the temple

Backseatdriver - off topic, but the (effort that went into making an) upside down signature is awesome lol:

Nothing great at Kolur.
Hotel Ashwathi at Mookambika, Ph: 08254258334 was the better of the lot.

In for some adventure Probably try out AnejHari Nature Camp, 3 kms off Kollur. Never stayed there myself.

In case you do not get acco in Kollur, proceed to Kundapura - Hotel Sharon there is a good place.

There are a good number of lodges which provide basic amenities. The one I stayed was the temple guest house, Lalithambika. They offered hot water on-demand. That was ok. I mean, going back to basics once in a while is not a bad idea. what I heard that time, Beena Rsidency which is on the way to Lalithambika has better facilities, like A/c room etc..All lodges are within walking distance.

So which place did you stay finally - Any new recommendations?
Relatives planning to go there next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by haripg (Post 1104918)
Nothing great at Kolur.
Hotel Ashwathi at Mookambika, Ph: 08254258334 was the better of the lot.

In for some adventure Probably try out AnejHari Nature Camp, 3 kms off Kollur. Never stayed there myself.

Anejhari nature camp is too spooky a place to be in, we've stayed there both the times we've visited the temple. No security, no electricity-you need to live at the mercy of the faint solar lamps, and to top it lots and lots of leaches.

Better stay away from anejhari, there are quite a few private guest houses near the temple and near the main bus stand, though they might be far away from being luxurious they serve the purpose for your kind of stay.

I have my kollur travelogue somewhere on this forum.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...great-hol.html

I was in Kollur on 27th December 2008. Due to the Dhanurmasam, I could get an accomodation at a desried price. There are several in hotels in kollur, whre you can stay. Unfortunately I donnot have any contact numbers of any of those hotels. There are some popular and populus hotels just infront of the temple. i hope they should be booked all the time. People do reserve in advance. Same time you would get few on the road itself which is leading into Kollur temple. You may check there. ATake a left turn at the Police Station and you find many there as well. Also a couple in the local shopping lane and a couple in the back side of shops in the deep lanes.

We couldn't get accomodation on the we reached Kollur. We reached there at 8:00pm though. We drove down to Kundapur about 50 kms away from Kollur on the way to Udupi. We reached there at 12:0pm. Luckly for us onle one big room was left out four hotels on the main road. And we took at with out hesitation.

I suggest you to first search for acomdation as soon as you reach Kollur and then head for Darshan.

I had been there on last August and stayed there in Beena Residency. It's some what a decent hotel. They charged me around Rs 1000 for AC deluxe room. The hotel is very close to temple. Unfortunately i don't have their contact number now, will update you once i find that.
Please check the following link, this is having some contact information.
IndiaPilgrim - Hotels

Bina Residency Mookambika
08254-258258

This post is indeed godsent. I was desperately looking for a hotel accommodation for April 19 and Hotel Sharon was full up. I called up Bina Residency and managed to get a double room.

Thanks a lot,

Pradeep

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 1125532)
Bina Residency Mookambika
08254-258258

How was your experience in Bina Residency.
I am planning to visit Mookambika on May 1st, my first time. any other suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.