Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2008, 11:58   #1
BHPian

Which is the best route to Vellore from bangalore.

I heard the Golden temple of goddess Lakshmi at Vellore is very good. Iam planning a one day trip on a week day to this place. Can somebody guide me about the proper route from Bangalore. What is the journey time?Is there a good vegetarian hotel in vellore?Is it advisable to wait until evening to watch lighting in the evening and drive back in the night or is it better to stay back at vellore and drive back in the morning.

Also, how far is Tirupathi from Vellore? Is there any other tourist spot near vellore.

Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 29th December 2008, 00:13   #2
BHPian

Hi, ankura12 Last friday I went to that place. Road is superb.Let me know your plan I will update the Details. I mean to say are you planning to Tirupathi-Vellor-Banngalore. Or Direct Bangalore-Vellor.
The best route is Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Ambur-Sripuram (Avoid Vellor).
Old 29th December 2008, 10:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

There are numerous posts on the Chennai - Bangalore GQ route which could give yout enough stuff anyways will try to answer your queries as much possible.

1. The route is Bangalore - Hosur (you go via Sarjapur, Varthur if you stay in that side of B'lore rather than go via E City) - Krishnagiri (through Byepass) - Vaniyambadi (through byepass)- Ambur - Just before you reach Vellore (after the Pallikonda toll booth) you would find a right which goes to Sripuram, if my memory serves correct it should be about 10 odd kms before Vellore. You should be able to reach there in about 4 hours time driving very conservatively.

Even if you leave Sripuram at about 7 in the evening you should reach home by 11 comfortably since the entire stretch is 4 lane you would not have the issues of on coming vehicular traffic.

Tirupathi is about 100 kms from Vellore, you would have to go to Chittoor from Vellore and then onto Tirupathi (at Chittoor the road from Bangalore and Vellore converge, but I would not advice you to drive back to Bangalore in the night since its a 2 lane road with some road work happening at stretches as well)

What you could do possibly is go to Tirupati on Saturday morning, finish your darshan and go to Vellore by evening see the Sripuram temple if possible in the evening and return back to Bangalore that evening if you are comfortable or stay back at Vellore and leave the next day morning.

2. Now for the Veg. restaurants - you have a the famous Saravana Bhavan at Vellore or you could check out Gyan Vaishnavi Dhaba opposite CMC which is again very good. Now for the restaurants on the way.

A2B - Between Hosur & Krishnagiri (Veg.)
Hotel Tamil Nadu - Krishnagiri Byepass (Veg & Non Veg.)
Hotel Deepam - Near Pallikonda Toll Booth (Veg & Non Veg.)
Hotel Woodys - After Kolar Byepass
Hotel Nandini - Just before Chittoor Byepass as you come from Bangalore.
Old 30th December 2008, 01:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

My !! Seems to be many threads on the same topic, or am I seeing the same thread again?? Well if you like going to another place of worship I would suggest Kanchipuram.

Tirupathi on Saturdays will be packed and especially at this time of the year. By the way, I thought he said weekday and not weekend... ;-)

The golden temple according to me is more of a tourist spot than a place for pilgrimage and prayer. Tirupathi or Kanchipuram is worth more than its weight in gold !!
Old 30th December 2008, 19:50   #5
BHPian

Thanks. Information was useful

I did visit Sripuram today.

As per the advice given I took Sarjapur Road, Bagalur, Krishnagiri-NH46 route. Drive was a breeze. Left Home ( New Thippasandra) at 7:30AM and reached Sripuram at 11:30 AM (distance:220KM). Surprisingly return journey took only 3 hrs. Krishangiri- Attibele-Sarjapur Road is better. Driving on Well maintained NH46 was a pleasure.

For the interested,
wikimapia info is available at :
Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

One more piece of info for those who are interested:
There is a free entry into the temple and a paid entry. Paid entry costs Rs.250 per head- But it saves you atleast two hours of time. Also, you get to go very near to the sanctum sanctorum.

Thanks again friends, for the information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks