Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2009, 15:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
yaar, 'that' activity can be done anywhere and not necessary to be in Goa. And then 'those' activities in Goa are best done when you go there alone .

Found this great hotel listed on another T-BHP thread and they are giving great 'honeymoon' package -- in case you haven't booked as yet.

PS: Jokes apart, congrats on your marriage and enjoy. May god bless you with all the 'fun' that marriage brings with itself.

Cheers,
Thanks for the blessings! I have booked myself with the GTDC (Goa Tourism) as they offered a very good package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Do post "nice pics" (of Goa, that is) when you get back.
Yes, I'll certainly put some nice pictures. I would be visiting the Vagator beach and the Augvada fort so good snaps are expected!
Old 20th January 2009, 15:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I was referring to the "extra curricular activities".
Hey Buddy, First things first. Hearty Congrajulations for a Happy Married life.
Pls tell me one thing "" Wont your wife BOP you in the head if you do Extra Curricular Activities during your Honey Moon""
Boss Panga Na lo on your Honey moon. .
Old 20th January 2009, 17:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Found this great hotel listed on another T-BHP thread and they are giving great 'honeymoon' package -- in case you haven't booked as yet.

Attachment 91744
ROFL, that pic should go to the official Joke thread for sure.
Old 20th January 2009, 17:17   #19
Team-BHP Support

Whoa, this thread reminds me of this ultra funny thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...uld-i-buy.html
Old 20th January 2009, 17:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hey Eddy! Its Official "Honeymoon". No Hanky Panky!

Here in my Honeymoon thread I "should" a proud Senior BHPian!

Thank you team!

Last edited by amtak : 20th January 2009 at 17:29.
Old 20th January 2009, 17:45   #21
BHPian

Quote:
yaar, 'that' activity can be done anywhere and not necessary to be in Goa. And then 'those' activities in Goa are best done when you go there alone .

Attachment 91744

PS: Jokes apart, congrats on your marriage and enjoy. May god bless you with all the 'fun' that marriage brings with itself.

Cheers,

Why would you have an extra person for your honeymoon>?
Old 20th January 2009, 18:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
Why would you have an extra person for your honeymoon>?
Ya funny!!
But Honeymoon package can be availed by others as well. Like people with kids etc. Then that extra person comes in picture.

Abhi
Old 22nd January 2011, 11:27   #23
lsp
BHPian

Re: Honeymooning in Goa!

Hi T-BHPians
Request you all to suggest good food joints near the Benaulim beach area, south Goa.
Open to Veg but prefer Non veg.

OT
*I Didn't Climb to the Top of the Food Chain to Be a Vegetarian*
Old 23rd January 2011, 15:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Hi T-BHPians
Request you all to suggest good food joints near the Benaulim beach area, south Goa.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-sorpotel.html covers a lot of eating places around Benaulim

Deepak
Old 23rd January 2011, 16:07   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Specially for Shopping.
Firstly congrats on your marraige. Goa is the wrong place for shopping besides the honeymoon being the wrong time to shop. Wrong place and Wrong Time so cut out the shopping. Rest I don't need to tell you. Goa is a small place and you'll find something of your interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Hi T-BHPians
Open to Veg but prefer Non veg.

OT
*I Didn't Climb to the Top of the Food Chain to Be a Vegetarian*
Goa is not exactly a "Veg Friendly" destination. You will find some veg places and don't expect something exotic. There are a lot of Udupi restaurants and in Panjim you'll find 2 Gujarati restaurants.
Old 23rd January 2011, 19:45   #26
BHPian

Congratulations Man. Don't lose heart reading all the comments against the marriage. Believe me, every man should get married sometime. After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.

Goa in February should offer an excellent setting for your honeymoon. Lazying around at the beaches and spending time together roaming around would be your preference. Majestic locations in North Goa could be your setting. An evening cruise could add to the fantasy. Good weather and good food will add to making your honeymoon memorable. Time permitting, you can do some sight seeing and shopping. But I am sure that is not your priority.

Wish you a happy married life.
Old 23rd January 2011, 22:36   #27

Hi,

I post this with some hesitation as I just joined this forum and you are a senior member and I may be completely off-base.

I do however travel to Goa very frequently, so I though I will share some of my experiences. Apart from the usual touristy things like going to churches and river cruises, some of the other things worth checking out are:

1. Visit a spice farm. This is actually a great deal of fun. I don't recollect which one I went to, but a popular one is Sahakari. They will usually have a package which consists of a guided tour and lunch, and sometimes they may also have some other stuff like cultural performances. It is quite interesting to actually see the plants and trees on which the spices we commonly use grow - we often don't even know if it was the fruit or seed or root! For some of the other fun stuff, Sahakari for example (as I understand from their website) lets you wash elephants and do some other fun stuff.

The lunch is usually a rustic meal consisting of the farm grown ingredients and prepared the traditional Konkani Hindu way (not the Goan Christian way, which means no vinegar). I was actually blown away by the high quality of food in the spice farm. I remember they had prepared a dish made with "ambade" (resembles a small round raw mango) which I still remember.

2. Hire a boat and go dolphin spotting. You can also arrange with the boat guy so that you can see the sunset from the sea and if you want, you can fish as well. I didn't have any luck fishing though, although my wife caught an absolutely horrid looking eel which we threw away.

3. You can also visit Patnem beach, which is south of Palolem. I really like the beach - it has very calm water, and is really peaceful and quiet. I also took the dolphin boat ride from this beach. I will again turn to food but a restaurant worth checking out there is Home.

Sorry, none of my suggestions had anything to do with shopping - the only half-decent place I have gone shopping was Mapusa market (on Fridays I think).
Old 24th January 2011, 12:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Firstly congrats on your marraige. Goa is the wrong place for shopping besides the honeymoon being the wrong time to shop. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musaafir View Post
Congratulations Man. Don't lose heart reading all the comments against the marriage. Believe me, every man should get married sometime. After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.

Goa in February should offer an excellent setting for your honeymoon. .

Wish you a happy married life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asliarun View Post
Hi,

I post this with some hesitation as I just joined this forum and you are a senior member and I may be completely off-base.
Sorry, none of my suggestions had anything to do with shopping - the only half-decent place I have gone shopping was Mapusa market (on Fridays I think).
@Live To Jive, @Musaafir, @asliarun

Please check the date of the original query by amtak, at the start of this thread. Honyemoon and shopping were long over in 2009, two years ago.
Regards
Old 9th February 2011, 22:13   #29
lsp
BHPian

Thank you Deepak and Live to Jive

Had a great time in Goa and a lot of it was spent eating. 3 places which I can definitely recommend are

Souza Lobo
Fishermans Wharf
Martin's Corner
Old 9th February 2011, 23:03   #30
BHPian

Hey Amtak, congrats on your marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Whoa, this thread reminds me of this ultra funny thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...uld-i-buy.html
OMG.. just completed reading that. One of the best threads i've come across

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks