Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:54   #1

Is Mumbai Bangalore route safe for MH registered cars due to current border issues

Hi Friends,Have planned to go to Bandipur on 26th Jan. Is the route till bangalore safe? Any risk for Maharashtra registered private vehicles.I may take a halt at Hubli or Davangere, if am unable to reach bangalore in a Day from Mumbai.Just wanted to know how's the atmosphere out there. BHpians from Hubli, Dharwad, Davangere please reply.
Old 23rd January 2009, 17:29   #2
BHPian

Is Mumbai Bangalore Route safe??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDarshan View Post
Hi Friends,Have planned to go to Bandipur on 26th Jan. Is the route till bangalore safe? Any risk for Maharashtra registered private vehicles.I may take a halt at Hubli or Davangere, if am unable to reach bangalore in a Day from Mumbai.Just wanted to know how's the atmosphere out there. BHpians from Hubli, Dharwad, Davangere please reply.

Hi Dharshan, As of last evening one of my friends passing thro Nipani to Belgaum was stopped by some unruly elements but he got away since he spoke Kannada. Wait for the next few days before finalising your plan.
I too was scheduled to drive from Pune to Bangalore on the 26th but now have changed my plan. I plan to drive from Pune to Solapur- Hyderbad- Bangalore. Longer by 200kms but atleast safe.
Rgds
Narayan
Old 23rd January 2009, 19:21   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivealot View Post
Hi Dharshan, As of last evening one of my friends passing thro Nipani to Belgaum was stopped by some unruly elements but he got away since he spoke Kannada. Wait for the next few days before finalising your plan.
I too was scheduled to drive from Pune to Bangalore on the 26th but now have changed my plan. I plan to drive from Pune to Solapur- Hyderbad- Bangalore. Longer by 200kms but atleast safe.
Rgds
Narayan
why not take the Goa route and then join back at Hubli...the problem i guess is at Nipani which can be bypassed by using the coastal route upto Goa.
Old 23rd January 2009, 20:07   #4

Quote:
Rgds
Narayan
Hi Drivealot,

Thanks for the much needed input. I cannot speak kannada so trying this route may be out of question.

You said you too are leaving for bangalore, but via solapur - Hyderabad. How are the road condition? As it may not be as good as Pune - Bangalore route. So difference of 200kms will put you back by how many hours?

And also if your car is of maharashtra registration, won't there be any problem while driving from Hyderabad to bangalore?

Maybe I too may go same route as you suggested.
Old 24th January 2009, 14:47   #5
BHPian

Is Mumbai Bangalore route safe??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDarshan View Post
Hi Drivealot,

Thanks for the much needed input. I cannot speak kannada so trying this route may be out of question.

You said you too are leaving for bangalore, but via solapur - Hyderabad. How are the road condition? As it may not be as good as Pune - Bangalore route. So difference of 200kms will put you back by how many hours?

And also if your car is of maharashtra registration, won't there be any problem while driving from Hyderabad to bangalore?

Maybe I too may go same route as you suggested.
Hi Dharshan, sorry for the delay in replying. My Hyundai Tuscon is a Haryana regd vehicle. I keep moving between Pune and Gurgaon( factory in both locations) on a regualr basis .
Now coming to the Route , the problem areas are two.
1) after Solapur you have to pass thro Karnataka and then enter AP. but the distance between Maharastra border and AP border is around 100kms,
ie (100 kms approx of Karnataka roads) Chances are that there are no issues between that stretch. I will be calling a gentleman whose contact no ,I have obtained and he lives in Solapur. and then give you the latest info. Distance between Solapur and Hyderabad is 300kms.& will take 5and half hrs. ( Good Roads)
If you start very early from Mumbai then chances are you will cross the Maharastra border in the evening entering Karnataka and by early evening you will be in Hyderabad.( distance bet Mum- Hyd is 735kms) Take your night halt at Hyderabad.
I am given to understand that there is road widening going on bet HYD & BLR but still good roads.
From Hyd to Karnataka border ie(for 460 kms you will be in AP). The Bangalore Intl Devanhalli Airport is approx 68kms from the AP border (and in all probablity you can enter Bangalore safely. )Distance from HYD to BLR is 566kms.
Pls feel free to write to me if you have further queries.
warm Rgds
Narayan
09890912649(sms)
Old 24th January 2009, 17:18   #6

Thanks Drivealot and Docaxe.

Driving through Goa is also a better alternative as Docaxe has suggested.
Old 25th January 2009, 14:08   #7
BHPian

any update on the border issues guys ? i might have to do the nipani-belgaum-hubli stretch as part of my mumbai-coimbatore trip around 4'th feb.

any updates would be most welcome.
Old 25th January 2009, 15:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

Just avoid till next fortnight. The legislature sessio of KA is over. Let the things die down and then you can travel. My suggestion take the Goa route and touch Hubli/Haveri and then drive down south.
Old 25th January 2009, 15:54   #9
BHPian

does that mean i take NH 4a from goa ? isn't that route much longer ?

also is this problem localised only to belgaum / border areas or should i expect it throughout karnataka ?
Old 25th January 2009, 16:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider View Post
does that mean i take NH 4a from goa ? isn't that route much longer ?

also is this problem localised only to belgaum / border areas or should i expect it throughout karnataka ?
Yes it is longer but safer nowadays or you can take the solapur-hyd route also. The problem is only localized to Belgaum (as of now).
Old 25th January 2009, 16:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

I never know that such a problem exists!I think the problem is due to the maharashtra's claiming of other state's cities ?and karnataka is also no less in their attitude.claims kasaragode,ootty,hosur,Hogenakkal and what not!This Linguistic based division of states are reaping the benefits now.
Old 25th January 2009, 23:11   #12
BHPian

Is Mumbai Bangalore route safe??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider View Post
any update on the border issues guys ? i might have to do the nipani-belgaum-hubli stretch as part of my mumbai-coimbatore trip around 4'th feb.

any updates would be most welcome.
Hi, Even as of last evening at Hubli there have been miscreants who have stoned MH regd vehicles. I spoke to Hotel Navin and they too said its not yet safe for MH vehicles. Hence Avoid if you can.
rgds
Narayan
Old 26th January 2009, 00:51   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Even as of last evening at Hubli there have been miscreants who have stoned MH regd vehicles. I spoke to Hotel Navin and they too said its not yet safe for MH vehicles. Hence Avoid if you can.
rgds
Narayan

suggest u guys send PM to shan2nu. He might be having local information. I will also try to contact my friends at Hubli-Belgaum and update accordingly.
Old 26th January 2009, 12:09   #14
BANNED

No issues on NH7 at the AP-KA border (Kodikonda - Bagepalli) as of yesterday afternoon.
Old 29th January 2009, 11:50   #15
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I know this is coming a bit late but anyway for people traveling in the future.
Went to Goa on 25th Jan. Passed through Nipani and Belgaum. I stopped over at Belgaum for 3 hours and I did not see any problems.

My car has a MH registration.

People traveling to Goa please don't take the chorla ghat road from Belgaum.. Its a total mess. There are no roads to tell off. Took me 3 hours to cover a stretch of 40kms. Bad Bad Roads..

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks