Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2009, 23:54   #1
BHPian

Group Outing - Corbett. Please help!

We are planning a group outing to Corbett (roughly 20 persons, + - 5). The dates decided are 28th Feb - 2nd Mar. We intend to leave on 28th late evening and come back on 2nd late evening.

I have been assigned the task of organising the trip. I had planned to hire a non AC Deluxe Bus and book a resort. Booze etc can be arranged on our own. My Boss is of the view that I should get in touch with a travel agent and assign the task to him including the bus, resort, food, booze and a party on 1st evening (gala dinner, DJ and drinks). The budget is around Rs. 3 - 4K.

Request you all to help me on this with the contact details of tour organisers in Delhi. Do you think in this budget we will be able to get good acco, food and transport. Will a tour organiser be interested in such a small group.

Guys please pour in as much ideas / help as you can.

Thanx in advance.
Old 12th November 2010, 18:02   #2
BHPian

Hi,

I have a very similar query, so invoking this dead thread again :-)

I am planning to go to Corbett on 4th and 5th Dec with 12 of my colleagues. We want to stay at Dhikala, and they asked to request on their site - Dhikala Forest Lodge,Corbett Dhikala Tours,Dhikala Jungle Lodge Corbett,Dhikala Forest Rest House Online Booking. I did and got a response from one Tanmay.

He has given me the following package -

Day: 01 (Corbett – Dhikala/Gairal(40 kms)
Arrive Corbett and meet with our representative, briefing and board the open jeep to drive towards Dhikala (the core area of the national park). On arrival check-in at the lodge after lunch jeep safari for the national park. evening free. Dinner and overnight stay at the lodge.

Day: 02 (Dhikala/Gairal - Departure)
Morning jeep safari for wildlife viewing. Return to the lodge around 10:00 am and time for breakfast. After breakfast check-out and drive back to town area.

Tour & Services ends here.
Cost of the above mentioned itinerary is @ INR 3000/- per person (Minimum 12 paying pax & applicable for Indian Nationals only)

The above cost includes:

(1) 01 Night & 02 days stay inside the national park in dormitories at Dhikala/Gairal forest lodge on sharing basis.

(2) 01 Breakfast, 01 lunch and 01 dinner per person. (Meals will start from lunch on day 01 to breakfast on day 02)

(3) Gate to Gate all transport and safaris by using open jeep.

(4) 02 time jeep safaris. (03 to 04 hrs each )

(5) Expert local guide services during the jeep safaris.

(6) Park permit and entrance fee.

(7) All applicable taxes.

I told him that we want to stay in Dhikala; and he had agreed to it. But he says that Gairal dormitory is in better condition and recommended that. What do you guys suggest?

Rooms are out of question at the moment; FRH is booked for all week-ends up to 15th Jan' 2011.

Please tell me whether this is a good plan. How good/bad are Dhikala dorms? Should we take this plan or managethe trip ourselves? And if we do, how can be book the Dhikala dorm?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Nitin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks