Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2009, 16:37   #1
BHPian

Help! Where do I stay in Mahabaleshwar for my Wedding Aniv?

Help please! I'm planning to drive down to Mahabaleshwar next month (Apr 3 - 5) (Wedding aniv) Would be fantastic if you can guide me on where to stay.

Requirement: A classy tranquil resort, a nice valley view room. decent food (veg would do fine), a jacuzzi/steam bath (nice to have, not critical)

Budget: 6K - 18K

Options I shortlisted from net:

1. Ramsukh: Ixora Suite has everything I need. But pricey at 17.7K for a 2 night stay. Is the service ok? anyone with first hand experience? Valley Suite - 9.2K

2. Saket Plaza: one of the rooms has a jacuzzi. But isn't the hotel too close to the bus stand? rooms/service ok? - 6-7K. They have a fixed timing for hot water!!

3. Brightland: Looks like an old favorite. 10.5 K for a poolside lower room.

4. Sherwood - stayed there once. was ok. Dont mind staying there if other options more or less offer the same experience. 8-9k

5. Valleyview - unsure - 6.5K

6. Surya Retreat - rooms were pretty oldish last time I visited. Didnt' like the same.

The reviews of these resorts in travel sites are pretty mixed up. Great if TBHPians could give me first hand info!

(PS: There are some stand alone bunglows as well, but i'm a bit concerned about safety.)
Old 3rd March 2009, 16:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

i will suggest hotel dreamland.
its so near to market but so near to nature also.
its good resort. it has all facilities.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 3rd March 2009 at 16:49.
Old 3rd March 2009, 17:25   #3
BHPian

Brightland is good. I have been there in november for lunch, the view from pool side is awesome.
Old 3rd March 2009, 17:40   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

It feels wrong to drive all the way to Mahabaleshwar and jump in a jacuzzi. In any case, to spend 10K per night is not nice, if you're going to a nice place.

I don't mean to tell you what to do, but surely you could think of a nice romantic thing to do without spending that much on an expensive hotel.
If you like hills, I have no suggestion to offer. If you like beaches, then I have many options to suggest such as Alibag, Madh and if you're willing to spend so much money - you could even go to Goa for 3 days - I can suggest excellent places from 700-1500 rupees a night. Driving is fun and if you choose, air tickets will cost you about 10K for 2, return.

Still, if it's hills you seek, I can suggest Matheran - no cars=tranquil. You'd have to leave your car at Dasturi and walk the rest of the way. Romantic? You bet. Cheaper than mahabaleshwar.

Sorry if I haven't helped, I was hoping to.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 3rd March 2009 at 17:41.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2009, 17:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

We used to stay at Hotel Dina when ever we have our office conferences in Mahableshwar which typically is once a year.

It does not have stuff like Jacuzzi etc since its an old type hotel, but its a fabulous place run by a Parsi family. Since you listed Veg would do fine I assume you are a Non Vegetarian as well in which case you get some great dishes here for Lunch & Dinner. Its a different property to the ones listed by you but I would say Dina could be an interesting option, not very far away from the market but still on the main road for easy access.
Old 3rd March 2009, 18:39   #6
BHPian

Thanks Ashish,pypkmsrikanth,shabahmad: will take your views into account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
In any case, to spend 10K per night is not nice, if you're going to a nice place.
Sam - prices inclusive of 2 night- 3 day package with food!

Quote:
If you like hills, I have no suggestion to offer.
hills this time,did a Goa Monsoon trip last year..been to Alibaug/Murud early this year.

Quote:
Still, if it's hills you seek, I can suggest Matheran - no cars=tranquil. You'd have to leave your car at Dasturi and walk the rest of the way. Romantic? You bet. Cheaper than mahabaleshwar.
Nice idea, shall explore!

Quote:
Sorry if I haven't helped, I was hoping to.
Every idea counts! Both of us unfortunately have 7:45 am - 9:15 pm workdays and are extremely lazy. No trekking, just admiring the view from the balcony with a paneer tikka and beer. i can see you cringe!
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:04   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
i will suggest hotel dreamland.
its so near to market but so near to nature also.
its good resort. it has all facilities.
I also went there once and stayed in Dreamland for 3 days. Its a nice place and moreover a drive in the hills of mahabaleshwar is just awesome.
Old 4th March 2009, 12:04   #8
BHPian

My responses embeded in your mail
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Help please! I'm planning to drive down to Mahabaleshwar next month (Apr 3 - 5) (Wedding aniv) Would be fantastic if you can guide me on where to stay.

Requirement: A classy tranquil resort, a nice valley view room. decent food (veg would do fine), a jacuzzi/steam bath (nice to have, not critical)

Budget: 6K - 18K

Options I shortlisted from net:

1. Ramsukh: Ixora Suite has everything I need. But pricey at 17.7K for a 2 night stay. Is the service ok? anyone with first hand experience? Valley Suite - 9.2K
- Ignore Ixora, but Valley view suite is great. They have lots of facilities and is away from main mahabaleshwar market. Service is good based on my first hand experience. I stayed their in Monsoon season and did nothing but keep on gazing outside at clouds, loads of rain and occasionaly valley view when clouds would clear out.

2. Saket Plaza: one of the rooms has a jacuzzi. But isn't the hotel too close to the bus stand? rooms/service ok? - 6-7K. They have a fixed timing for hot water!!

3. Brightland: Looks like an old favorite. 10.5 K for a poolside lower room.
- Brightland is good. Again loads of facilities, good valley view if you choose your room correctly.

4. Sherwood - stayed there once. was ok. Dont mind staying there if other options more or less offer the same experience. 8-9k
- Good place. Lots of trees around. Good pool and view from the pool, but the view does not match with the view you would get at Ramsukh and or Brightland. However, food is excellent, and view from their dining area is superb.

You can also try cottage at Eshwar Inn. Its near MTDC resort and cottages offer great view. Food is strictly Veg and service is nice. This would be a cheaper option than Ramsukh, Brightland and Sherwood.

All the above comments are based on my first hand experiences.

As Sam suggested, Matheran is a good option and you can look at Brightland at Matheran or also look at Usha Ascot as another option at Matheran.

Have fun.

5. Valleyview - unsure - 6.5K

6. Surya Retreat - rooms were pretty oldish last time I visited. Didnt' like the same.

The reviews of these resorts in travel sites are pretty mixed up. Great if TBHPians could give me first hand info!

(PS: There are some stand alone bunglows as well, but i'm a bit concerned about safety.)
Old 4th March 2009, 12:10   #9
BHPian

Thanks Rajesh/furobiker.

Will try for a Valley View Suite at Ramsukh. They've agreed to arrange for a free candle light dinner both nights. Should be good. Rajesh's first hand experience also gives me a lot of confidence.

MODS: Please close the thread!
Old 4th March 2009, 12:15   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rajesh/furobiker.

Will try for a Valley View Suite at Ramsukh. They've agreed to arrange for a free candle light dinner both nights. Should be good. Rajesh's first hand experience also gives me a lot of confidence.

MODS: Please close the thread!
My experience is based on 2007 Monsoon. Food was strictly Veg at Ramsukh. :-) Also note, being monsoon, occupancy was less, but should be similar case for you as its exam season during 1st half of April.

Sorry, I should have given this info in my earlier response.

takecare and drive safely

Rajesh
Old 4th March 2009, 12:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Damn! I was going to suggest the same. Look I found out the link too:
Mahabaleshwar The Pride Sherwood Bungalow 3 BHK Mahabaleshwar Hotel Mahabaleshwar Resort Mahabaleshwar Resorts Mahabaleshwar Hotels Mahabaleshwar Package Tour Mahabaleshwar Guide Mahabaleshwar Maharashtra Tourism India

Did not stay indoors too much though.
We went for paragliding and go carting etc.

I enjoyed their party in the inhouse discotheque
on Saturday night.

Nice place. Happy wedding anniversary in advance.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 4th March 2009 at 12:32.
Old 4th March 2009, 12:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

You might also want to check out Hotel Ravine in Panchgani. The valley view from there is amazing, and the hotel is clean and well maintained.
Old 8th March 2009, 17:10   #13
BHPian

Since you're driving down Panchgani is a better option, as suggested by Lalvaz. It's a much quieter place and it's hardly a few kms from Mahabaleshwar, so you could drive down there whenever you wish to. The drive is just beautiful.But I'm not sure about the quality of the hotels in Panchgani compared to Mahabaleshwar. You could check on it.
Old 24th December 2009, 00:44   #14
BHPian

I am planning to drive down to Mahableshwar on this weekend with my Family. Need suggestions/feedbacks on a good place/resort to stay there. We want to stay @ a neat, peaceful and safe place. my little daughter (<1 yr) is travelling with us so want to know if we should specially plan anything.

Our plan is to stay for 2 to 3 nights and budget is moderate. since time is short and this will be a busy season, totally relying on the feedbacks from friends here. Help Please!

let me know if I should provide more details

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks