Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2009, 21:18   #1
BHPian

Vizag: any beach resorts or beach guesthouse?

Folks

We guys are planning to go to Vizag, half a dozen from Chennai and 4 from Hyderabad, we intend to be in Vizag by May 1 and depart on May 3, the itinerary goes like this

May 2: Borra Caves and evening Kailasagiri,RK,
May 3: Gangavaram beach is it open for public? Kamalakona I think.

any other places to be added.

Most importantly, we are looking for a beach resort, apart from Punnami beach resort in Rushikonda are there any private beach guesthouses for rent for 3 days?

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 18th March 2009, 17:06   #2
BHPian

Ah Nostalgic dates! The dates remind me of my visit to Vizag by road from Chennai 2 years back. We left on May 1st and returned on May 3rd. I dont think the Gangavaram beach is still open to public but you can get permission if you know someone working in the Vizag steel plant. Also regarding guesthouses there is a resort called Sai Priya just after Gitam college.
Old 18th March 2009, 17:12   #3
BHPian

Don't know about Gangavaram beach ... I think its closed.

You could plan for Yarada beach which is around Gangavaram and is now a popular spot. I had been there last October and it was fun.
Old 18th March 2009, 17:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

Gangavarm beach was the most glorious of all. Movies like 'Maro Charitram' and 'Ek Duje ke liye' were shot there.
But with the construction of Gangavarm port, it has completely lost its glory. Even Vizag Steel Plant is lamenting about the VIP guest house they'd constructed there.
Forget Gangavaram.
I saw a new resort named 'Senora' on the Bhimili road---but it is a km from the beach. You also have YMCA on RK beach. There is a Yatri Nivas on the MVP colony beach road.
Old 19th March 2009, 03:41   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai3033 View Post
Ah Nostalgic dates! The dates remind me of my visit to Vizag by road from Chennai 2 years back. We left on May 1st and returned on May 3rd. I dont think the Gangavaram beach is still open to public but you can get permission if you know someone working in the Vizag steel plant. Also regarding guesthouses there is a resort called Sai Priya just after Gitam college.
Sai Priya - Over priced, looking esp near Rushikonda or where there is less crowd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Don't know about Gangavaram beach ... I think its closed.

You could plan for Yarada beach which is around Gangavaram and is now a popular spot. I had been there last October and it was fun.
Are there any beach resorts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Gangavarm beach was the most glorious of all. Movies like 'Maro Charitram' and 'Ek Duje ke liye' were shot there.
But with the construction of Gangavarm port, it has completely lost its glory. Even Vizag Steel Plant is lamenting about the VIP guest house they'd constructed there.
Forget Gangavaram.
I saw a new resort named 'Senora' on the Bhimili road---but it is a km from the beach. You also have YMCA on RK beach. There is a Yatri Nivas on the MVP colony beach road.
We are more keen on the beach resort and also less crowded places. RK ruled out.

at this point Rushikonda - Punnami is strong contender. any other beach resorts or beach guesthouses?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks