Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2009, 09:39   #16
BANNED

How long does it take to do those distances?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Yes Pondicherry is the closest at about 320KM. You need to go upto Krishnagiri, take left on towards Chennai and after about 1-1.5 kms, there is a SH going on the right to Pondicherry.
Mangalore is about 400kms from Bangalore and Goa is about 500+.
Old 21st March 2009, 11:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
How long does it take to do those distances?
Well Bangalore - Pondicherry takes about 5 hours. You will get traffic upto Hosur/ Krishnagiri. Once you are on the SH the road is pretty good and quite empty. I did that route in Feb 2006 and it took about 5 hours with quite a few breaks.

Haven't done Bangalore - Mangalore in a while so don't know the road condition. Used to be an overnight journey by bus.
Old 21st March 2009, 11:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I did that route in Feb 2006 and it took about 5 hours with quite a few breaks.
Thank you. I checked the maps again. Yup, it must be the Pondi route which will take me to a beach at the shortest time.

And, probably, the west coast would be better for the less crowded - serene ones - but, travel is more.
Old 21st March 2009, 11:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijuks View Post

This kind of places are the ones that I am interested. Please give more details on the directions, time, places to stay etc.
Biju:
Could you please let us know what's your plan? just want to spend few hours or stay in a resort and enjoy for few days etc.

If you want to spend few days, Chennai will be the good choise. A lot of resorts are there in the ECR road (upto Pondy) and few have private beaches like Fisher man's Cove.
Old 21st March 2009, 13:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
This sounds interesting and tempting. Could you please elaborate more on this. Directions/Places to stay...may be a travelogue!

Regards,
Quote:
Originally Posted by bijuks View Post

Yes. This kind of places are the ones that I am interested. Please give more details on the directions, time, places to stay etc.
I have never been there, the route map is
MapmyIndia - maps, directions, and local search across India - just search, print and go!

and places to see
Ranganatha Temple, which is the most known temple here, stands just on the southern bank of the River Pennar.

The Penchalakona temple, which is situated at the foot of a hill in the Penechalakona valley, is another famous pilgrim spot.

The Venkatagiri fort, Mapadu beach and the rocket-launching centre at Sriharikota are some of the other attractions.

Another favorite spot of tourists is called Sangam, which gets its name from the confluence of the Bogguru, Beeraperu and Penneru rivers. The Chola temple here has a 150 cm tall Nandi, which is intricately carved.

Hotels not sure about it.
Old 21st March 2009, 14:50   #21
BHPian

Thank you all for the responses. I have got fairly good idea about the options available as destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
Biju:
Could you please let us know what's your plan? just want to spend few hours or stay in a resort and enjoy for few days etc.
No plans for long stay - drive, spend time stay one night - come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyeo4u View Post
Thanks you for the details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks