Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 12:16   #1
BHPian

Kodaikanal - Trichy route

Hi all,

I am thinking of taking Kodai - Batlagundu - Dindigul - Trichy. Is there any other better route to Trichy from Kodai.

Please advise.

Moderators: I searched, but didn't find any thread related to this thread. Please feel free to merge with any other thread if required.
Old 30th March 2009, 12:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

You will find all the information if you had searched for Chennai - Kodai threads.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ute-query.html

The only route available to you is the one you have listed. I dont think there exists any practical alternatives to this route. I had been upto Vatlagundu on my way to Sabarimalai last weekend the road is in good condition. 4 laning work is happening all the way from Trichy to Dindigul but it should be a breeze because the entire work is happening without any diversions.

Post Dindigul its a two lane highway upto the turn off to Kodai which is little further to Vatlagundu but its in great shape as well.

If you want to see an alternate road you could possibly go all the way upto Palani via Dindigul and then onto Kodai, you would join the road from Vatlagundu at Perumal Malai,the ghat road between Palani & Perumal Malai is more scenic.

Last edited by pypkmsrikanth : 30th March 2009 at 12:32.
Old 30th March 2009, 12:59   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
If you want to see an alternate road you could possibly go all the way upto Palani via Dindigul and then onto Kodai, you would join the road from Vatlagundu at Perumal Malai,the ghat road between Palani & Perumal Malai is more scenic.
My plan is to leave from Bangalore and take the palani route and I will be going to Trichy to attend a marriage. Hence I enquired about the route. So based on your experience, I will be taking Kodai - Batlagundu - Dindigul - Trichy route.

Thanks a lot for the explanation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks