Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 10:02   #1
BHPian

Info required: Kolli malai - small hill station

Hi,

I am thinking of going to Kollimalai for a vacation in May 09. Searched the net and here, but could not find the required info like accommodation etc.,

I am thinking of this route: Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Salem - Rasipuram - Kollimalai. Is this the correct and straight route?

Is there any accommodation available there like any good hotels/resorts. Please provide me the phone number of the same if any?

And is the May is a good time to visit there? How is the climate and all? I know there is a water fall there, but not sure it will have any water at this time or not.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th April 2009, 10:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

@Subbu, the route which you have listed is correct. If my information is correct I think Nallathambi resort is the only decent place there apart from a youth hostel. You could give a call at the numbers listed here.

TOURISM

But I doubt the weather would be very pleasant now, nevertheless it would be an interesting place to go
Old 9th April 2009, 10:44   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
@Subbu, the route which you have listed is correct. If my information is correct I think Nallathambi resort is the only decent place there apart from a youth hostel. You could give a call at the numbers listed here.

TOURISM

But I doubt the weather would be very pleasant now, nevertheless it would be an interesting place to go
Thanks Sri, I called Nallathambi resorts and inquired about the climate. They said it would be moderate. Neither hot nor chilly kind of. And the water falls would have medium water. Not sure though. So as of now fingers crossed. I am trying TopSlip, Pollachi too. But they are closed till April 15th due to the hot climate to avoid forest fires. And the wildlife officials too dont know whether they would open after that or not. Thats my favourite spot, so I am sad to miss that this time. Hence trying other options like Kolli hills etc.
Old 9th April 2009, 11:01   #4
BHPian

Never heard of this place. Sounds interesting. Will watch this thread for more info.
How far is it from bangalore?
Old 9th April 2009, 11:19   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Never heard of this place. Sounds interesting. Will watch this thread for more info.
How far is it from bangalore?
Its 290-300 kms from Bangalore. Route to take is Bangalore - Salem - Rasipuram - Namagiripettai - Kolli hills.

Nallathambi resorts the only place to stay apart from government youth hostel. I may visit by May, but depends on the climate out there at that time.
Old 9th April 2009, 13:01   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
Hi,

I am thinking of going to Kollimalai for a vacation in May 09. Searched the net and here, but could not find the required info like accommodation etc.,

I am thinking of this route: Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Salem - Rasipuram - Kollimalai. Is this the correct and straight route?

Is there any accommodation available there like any good hotels/resorts. Please provide me the phone number of the same if any?

And is the May is a good time to visit there? How is the climate and all? I know there is a water fall there, but not sure it will have any water at this time or not.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Subbu,

Your route planning is correct. Here's the breakdown from Rasipuram. You do not have to touch Namagiripet. From Rasipuram (New Bus Stand) ask for Senthamangalam "Pirivu" Road. This road will take you in this route: Rasipuram, Singalandapuram, Belukkurichi, Kalappanaickenpatti, Sendhamangalam ... here you will find the left side route to Ascend the hills. You will come across 72 Hairpin bends (I believe this place holds the Limca book of records for most number of hairpin bends). Hope that helps!
Old 9th April 2009, 14:32   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geedeesworld View Post
Hi Subbu,

Your route planning is correct. Here's the breakdown from Rasipuram. You do not have to touch Namagiripet. From Rasipuram (New Bus Stand) ask for Senthamangalam "Pirivu" Road. This road will take you in this route: Rasipuram, Singalandapuram, Belukkurichi, Kalappanaickenpatti, Sendhamangalam ... here you will find the left side route to Ascend the hills. You will come across 72 Hairpin bends (I believe this place holds the Limca book of records for most number of hairpin bends). Hope that helps!
Cool, It definitely helps. Thanks a lot.
Old 9th April 2009, 15:17   #8
BHPian

I have been to kolli hills a couple of years back to see the arapaleeswarar temple but returned after a couple of hours. Its a small village on top of a hill a little like Yercaud but lot less exploited.

I went from Namakal town. The drive should be good as the roads were not bad at all but relatively narrow.

There was some shooting going on for a TV serial when I went there.
Old 9th April 2009, 15:22   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
T I am trying TopSlip, Pollachi too. But they are closed till April 15th due to the hot climate to avoid forest fires. And the wildlife officials too dont know whether they would open after that or not. Thats my favourite spot, so I am sad to miss that this time. Hence trying other options like Kolli hills etc.
I heard about this place from another thread. Any how is this TopSlip is safe for family.
Old 9th April 2009, 15:48   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
I heard about this place from another thread. Any how is this TopSlip is safe for family.
Absolute 100% safe. However you need to adhere to the wild life guidelines.
Old 10th April 2009, 00:00   #11
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-pollachi.html

The TopSlip website is not working now :(
http://www.topsliponline.com/
Old 4th May 2011, 22:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: Info required: Kolli malai - small hill station

Can you guys suggest the best route option to Kolli Hills (Semmedu) from Chennai? I am thinking of taking Chennai-Villupuram-Perambalur-Thuraiyur-Namakkal-Kolli hills. Total distance comes to 381 Kms if calculated from Tambaram, Chennai. I am thinking of this option given the current road condition from Ulundurper-Salem.

Any suggestions?
Old 4th May 2011, 22:29   #13
Team-BHP Support

Yes that is the shortest route. But would it not be too hot now?
Check the weather out there.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2011, 22:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Yes that is the shortest route. But would it not be too hot now?
Check the weather out there.
Hmm. I will check it out Amp. But, generally I hear that its pleasant all year. I am planning to stay there for a night. I hope that the evening/night would be more pleasant.
Old 5th May 2011, 08:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Can you guys suggest the best route option to Kolli Hills (Semmedu) from Chennai? I am thinking of taking Chennai-Villupuram-Perambalur-Thuraiyur-Namakkal-Kolli hills. Total distance comes to 381 Kms if calculated from Tambaram, Chennai. I am thinking of this option given the current road condition from Ulundurper-Salem.

Any suggestions?
There are two other alternatives you can think of.

Chennai - Perambalur - Veeraganur - Namagiripettai - Kolli Hills.

Chennai Veppur - Attur - Namagiripettai - Kolli Hills

I am not aware of the current road conditions though in both the cases.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks