Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 06:09   #1
BHPian

Hyd to Vizag, which route? where to stay?

Fellas

We guys are planning to go Vizag(May 1-3) my queries:

1)Which route is best during early morning, we would start @ 3 AM from Hyd.
is Hyd-suryapet-Khammam best in terms of Roads and traffic or Hyd-Vijayawada-Vizag?

2)Where to stay? prefer near a beach and within 2500/- for a double bed with A/C and Fridge. as of now Hotel Supreme is being considered

The plan is to reach Vizag by evening spend some time in the waters and hit the bed.

Saturday early morning head for Borra Caves and back to Vizag by 2PM, then head towards Vuda Park, Kailasagiri,and hit to beach in the evening.

Sunday early morning either Bhimili beach or Rushikonda, start towards Hyd by 11AM from Vizag.

Any suggestions for the itinerary?
Old 28th April 2009, 07:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

I would always prefer Suryapet route compared to NH9 as you will be receiving incoming vehicles in the morning in NH9.
I stayed in Supreme and it was good. At your budget you can also consider APTDC Punnami and some other beach resort along the beach road from Vizag to Bhimili.

Abhi
Old 28th April 2009, 15:57   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyeo4u View Post
.........1)Which route is best during early morning, we would start @ 3 AM from Hyd.
is Hyd-suryapet-Khammam best in terms of Roads and traffic or Hyd-Vijayawada-Vizag?.............
I suggest the Khammam route. Traffic is a little less compared to the Hyd-Vijayawada road and road is pretty good too. You will miss the GQ (NH5) stretch from Vijayawada to Rajahmundry but you can enjoy it between Rajahmundry and Vizag.
Old 28th April 2009, 17:29   #4
BHPian

hi romyeo4u,

i recently did the hyd-vizag trip. could not post the travelogue due to hectic work schedules. planning to post the details today.. anyways the best route would be
hyd---> suryapet-->khammam-->kovvur-->Rajamundry-->NH5-->vizag.

going to vijayawada is a waste of time. by the time you go to vijayawada, you can cover halfway between khammam and Rajamundry and also it saves around 150 Rs /- in form of Toll Gate fees ( 1 toll gate near vijayawada and 3 other in between vijayawada and rajamundry). Roads from Khammam to Rajamundry are in good shape. you can safely choose this route..

If you start at 3 AM in hyd, you can easily reach vizag before 4 pm counting the breaks in between.. when are you planning the trip..

Thanks,
Srinivas
Old 28th April 2009, 17:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see that you are travelling again @ romeyeo.

The Hyd-Suryapet-Khammam-Aswaraopet-Rajahmundry route is the best. The NH 9 is a horrid road it is best to leave if ASAP i.e. Suryapet. Between 3 and 5 it will be full of oncoming buses which reach Hyderabad by 5 to 6.00 a.m. If you leave around 5.00 it will reduce your stress levels as most buses will be in Hyd city by then and the highway will be relatively clearer.

Have a safe trip. I look forward to your travelogue.

Cheers,
Old 30th April 2009, 05:06   #6
BHPian

Thanks Ravv

Plan looks bleak at present, one of my friend cancelled , I think I have to do Vizag trip someother time. damn!

now looking at the neighboring states for a day trip
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:52   #7
BHPian

Can anyone update on the road conditions post the floods. I am planning to do this trip in Dec
Old 27th October 2009, 09:52   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post

Can anyone update on the road conditions post the floods. I am planning to do this trip in Dec
Five Days Back I Made This Trip. Roads Are Good, Except Few Stretches Between Khammam and Kovvur.

I Travelled Many Times On Both Routes and Any Time I Suggest You To Take " Hyd --> VJA --> RJM --> Vizag " Route.
Old 28th October 2009, 02:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram.vns View Post
Five Days Back I Made This Trip. Roads Are Good, Except Few Stretches Between Khammam and Kovvur.

I Travelled Many Times On Both Routes and Any Time I Suggest You To Take " Hyd --> VJA --> RJM --> Vizag " Route.
Thanks Vikram for confirming what I suspected all along. The worst part of the Vijaywada road is upto Suryapet. I see no point in going towards Khammam and Rjy from there as the worst is already over.

If I were to leave Hyderabad at 5.00 am, what is the driving time to Vizag?

Is there any diversion / by-pass / shortcut to avoid Vijayawada and get on to the GQ to go to Vizag?

Cheers and thanks in advance,
Old 28th October 2009, 04:04   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Thanks Vikram for confirming what I suspected all along. The worst part of the Vijaywada road is upto Suryapet. I see no point in going towards Khammam and Rjy from there as the worst is already over.

If I were to leave Hyderabad at 5.00 am, what is the driving time to Vizag?

Is there any diversion / by-pass / shortcut to avoid Vijayawada and get on to the GQ to go to Vizag?

Cheers and thanks in advance,
Normally I start at the same time and reach Vizag by 6:00 pm. My schedule has been almost same on all the trips.

I drive continuosly till Vijayawada and take a one hour break for BF at DV Manor, Next stop ( tentatively 1 Hour ) at Ravulapalem at my cousins place for Lunch.

Again it depends how long you can drive at a stretch and number of breaks.

To my knowledge there is no bypass or diversion to skip VJA.

If you want to get any details about hotels and any kind of discounts in hotels at Vizag let me know.

In advance Happy Journey .

Regards,

Vikram
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:31   #11
BHPian

[quote=vikram.vns;
If you want to get any details about hotels and any kind of discounts in hotels at Vizag let me know.

Vikram[/quote]

Rushikonda is full for Dec end vacation time - are there any other places that are recommended that are beach side and in 1500-2000 rs bracker range
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram.vns View Post
Normally I start at the same time and reach Vizag by 6:00 pm. My schedule has been almost same on all the trips.

I drive continuosly till Vijayawada and take a one hour break for BF at DV Manor, Next stop ( tentatively 1 Hour ) at Ravulapalem at my cousins place for Lunch.

Again it depends how long you can drive at a stretch and number of breaks.

To my knowledge there is no bypass or diversion to skip VJA.

In advance Happy Journey .

Regards,

Vikram
Hi Vikram,

We require Hotel accomodation (3 Double rooms) in Visakhapatnam or outskirts for the 3rd night. For more details of our trip you can see: AP to AP queries (Hyd-Vtz-Barddhaman-Siuri-Maldah-Siliguri-Tezpur-Tawang-Shillong). We would prefer rooms on or near the highway as we will be driving from Kolkata, spending the night and leaving early morning for Hyderabad. Our requirement is 3 double rooms in a decent place which is scrupulously clean. Good food would be a definite bonus. Any help, pointers or guidance would be welcome.

What you posted about the route is absolutely correct. It is better to drive via Vijayawada.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 2nd November 2009 at 18:14.
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:31   #13
BHPian

Hey Romyeo, Zappo did the route about 2 months ago. Maybe you can give him a PM!
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
Hey Romyeo, Zappo did the route about 2 months ago. Maybe you can give him a PM!
Romyeo did the trip in May.
It will be a different group this time who need information on accommodation!

EDIT: Neel, are you in Bidar? We all can meet up when a Drive happens next time!
Old 3rd November 2009, 01:46   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Rushikonda is full for Dec end vacation time - are there any other places that are recommended that are beach side and in 1500-2000 rs bracker range
Supreme Hotel, Phone No : 0891 - 2782473 / 74. Tarrif is below Rs.2000/-

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks