Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2009, 00:04   #1

Mumbai to Rajkot

Hello Friends, I plan to do the Mumbai--Rajkot--Mumbai trip in 2nd or 3rd week of May... any advise on the route, maps, road conditions, fuel stations, eatieries etc... is requested.
Please share your experiences.

regards
Rahul
Old 3rd May 2009, 12:18   #2
BHPian

Well the roads are good coming from Mumbai to Ahemdabad, though they would remain crowded and be prepared for traffic jams near valsad, surat, ankleshwar and bahruch.

Ahemdabad to Rajkot would be fun to drive, excellent roads without any traffic. The raods are empy and it would be hot so stock up for this road.
Old 3rd May 2009, 12:32   #3

how much you think I would clock on this route??? I am driving my Safari Dicor....
need some advise on where I should fuel up... eat...etc....

how is the return journey?????
Old 4th May 2009, 19:01   #4
BHPian

Just got back from Jamnagar to Mumbai (via Rajkot which is around 85 km from Jamnagar) an hour ago. Had gone there from Mumbai on Thu (visited dwarka as well )

Straight forward route. From mumbai, NH8 to Baroda, then Ahmedabad Baroda Expressway (NE1). Take the outer ring road exit. On the ring road pay two tolls and at one point you will have to hang a left to Rajkot. (the right goes to Sarkhej and straight to Gandhinagar). You will go through bagodara, limbdi and then reach rajkot.

Roads are great till Vapi and after Bharuch. Middle stretch is still under construction.
Bharuch to Ahmedabad is a dream.

Lots of fuel pumps so nothing to worry (just make sure you dont land on the expressway with a near empty tank since there is nothing on it...not sure if the sole reliance is operational). Bharuch/Vadodara would be a good place to tank up.

Coming back from Rajkot, same route , get on the ring road and then hit the expressway.
Just make sure that on the ring road follow the signs to the expressway and not the final signs towards Baroda/Mumbai after you pay the tolls. Those will take you to the old highway.

It is hot but a amazing drive.

I clocked 823 km from Jamnagar in around 13 hours including around one hour for breakfast/lunch/diesel included. I did not hit traffic jams coming back but can easily see how gridlock can happen on the single lanes where flyovers are being constructed.

I would budget anywhere from 12 to 14 hrs of travel time and leave eaarly morning. 4-5 am types.
Old 5th May 2009, 00:21   #5

Hello Genesis,
this is awesome.. really appreciate your real time advise.
thanks so much.
Old 5th May 2009, 15:34   #6

alternate route

Hello Folks,
fome the google maps I see another route which does not go via Baroda or Ahmedabad. Goes left from Bharuch to Jambisar and ahead.
Which is a preferable route from expressway or the other one?
look forward to more advise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks