Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2009, 08:18   #1
BHPian

Pune- Munnar- Pune

Hi friends, In 4 days time I am off on my holidays to karnataka then kerala and coming back Via Goa in my Tuscon. So all you BHPians if you have any inputs and latest update on Roads, Routes etc pls do write to me.
In my route there are specific places such as Bangalore,Udipi, Guruvayoor, Ernakulam which I need to go due to family compulsions and other places cause of Holiday. So here's my route plan
Pune-Bangalore-Coorg- Wynaad-Guruvayoor- Ernakulam- Munnar- Kodaikanal- Ooty- Bangalore- Mangalore-Udipi- Goa- Pune.
Thanks in advance.
Narayan
Old 9th May 2009, 23:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi

I did the Pune Bangalore stretch on 25th of April, The road from Pune to Belgaum is very good. you can cover it in 4 hours if you leave at 4 AM in the morning. Belgaum to Chitradurga can be done in approx 4 hours. Belgaum-Dharwad BP-Hubli BP-Haveri strentch is very good. Haveri to Chitradurga is in between bad. I would say some 40KMs of bad stetch. Bad means, in complete GQ, two lanes, constrant switching from Left to Right and back, incomplete bypasses Harihar, Davangere, Chitradurga, Town traffic at Ranebennur etc. Again Chitradurga to Nelamangala (some 30KM from Bangalore city) you can do in easily 3 hours.

Bangalore to Mangalore via Nelamangala - Kunigal - Hasan - Sakleshbur - Gundya - BC Road - Mangalore - Udipi is said to be very good. This is as per the Bangalore-Mangalore/Udipi thrread avalable. I am also planning to do Bangalore - Mangalore-Udupi-Ankola (near Karwar) end of this month.

Regarding rest of the stretches i am not aware about the recent road conditions.
Hope i am not too late in posting this
please let us know your experience about this road trip and also on road conditions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks