Team-BHP - If you were ME, where would you go?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   If you were ME, where would you go? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/57970-if-you-were-me-where-would-you-go.html)

Hey guys, we (a family of 4 people) want to embark on a holiday for a week.
The destination of choice is somewhere in South East Asia. Historic places, and museums etc. are not priority. What is priority is decent hotels, nice places to see, good places to shop (for the girls: mom and sister) and decent food (you get that everywhere)
The budget is Rs. 50000/ per head, all inclusive.
Can anyone of you'll point us towards the right direction?
If someone can give us a good idea about whether it is possible or not.
The budget is fixed and its highly appreciable if the budget went still lower.
A week. Nothing more.
Please suggest. Waiting to hear from you'll!

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankmehta (Post 1288349)
Hey guys, we (a family of 4 people) want to embark on a holiday for a week.
The destination of choice is somewhere in South East Asia. Historic places, and museums etc. are not priority. What is priority is decent hotels, nice places to see, good places to shop (for the girls: mom and sister) and decent food (you get that everywhere)
The budget is Rs. 50000/ per head, all inclusive.
Can anyone of you'll point us towards the right direction?
If someone can give us a good idea about whether it is possible or not.
The budget is fixed and its highly appreciable if the budget went still lower.
A week. Nothing more.
Please suggest. Waiting to hear from you'll!

The traditional South East destinations are Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. But now that Thailand is full of political instability etc., you probably shouldn't risk it.

You can do Singapore and Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) for three-four days each (can't spend more in either place anyway). All your requirements will be fulfilled at either/both places. I'm not sure about the cost, but AFAIK, both places are reasonably cheap.

Look at Langkawi, Bali, Hong Kong

can anyone guide me where to inquire? please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankmehta (Post 1288387)
can anyone guide me where to inquire? please?

A travel agent is usually the best bet, they'll know the ins and outs of every place. Hopefully, there'll be one on TBHP, but your chances are slim.

If not, you'll find lots and lots of info on the internet. All you need is a little effort and a little patience. :)

franky you may contact raj travels they are located at Nariman point i think or visit their website,many of my family friends have planned their holidays with them and was good experience

try the nookad panwala :D
just kidding Frank.
Try the onlione sites to give u a feel then head to your agent and book it.
I know someone in Blore who is good, that is if you dn't mind the interstate communication.
IMO there will be good ones there too

I like Iceman's suggestions on the locations. Most people typically go to KL and S'pore. HK and Bali should be great places.The suggestion I have is approach 3-4 different tour operators, ask for quotes and look out for hidden costs. If you are open to the idea why not plan it completely yourself by going online?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman91 (Post 1288385)
Look at Langkawi, Bali, Hong Kong

I may be wrong about this, but aren't air fares considerably higher for these places? Especially Bali?

Hong Kong disneyland, worth it. with the tours around the city, nice place. within budget.

Singapore - Shopping, Sentosa, Tiger balm gardens, The night trip in the zoo. nice.

Bali/Krabi - non family places, well if you like beaches you can go there. Serious, if you get embarassed going to beaches with family, miss this man, serious on toast.

if you feel expensive and your dad is in the mood for some nice spending, you can extend it to Japan and it's heritage tours, this is rarely reported/televisioned, televised on Anthony Bourdain good stuff.

You really wanna go beach ? Theres' nothing like Seychelles, they will go underwater in the next 9 years, the islands are the victim of global warming, hey visit the place, go island hopping, nice place, over budget, yes, its expensive.

Else i would go to Maldives, Mauritius,

Read all above as safe from the H1N1 nuisance and i ain't giving any guarantees.

cheers
M

KL ( including Genting Highland) Singapore is a very good option. And i would highly recomend not to include Thailand in your planns, Its a complete waste of money and time, I mean yes its probably a little cheaper then KL, and Singapore but seriously , It getts a little too cheap lifestyle wise.

I mean would you like to see prostitution , povertly , Crowed, Garbage etc etc etc. To a great extent i fiund Mumbai to be much better then thailand. Plus not to forget the food, which is not good.

I mean you might like Thai food in india, but Thai food in Thai... naaagh.

( it can be a paradise for you if you are going singles or with your friend, but with Family... i made that mistake.)

Langkawi.

You can kill off Singapore via KL's overnight train cheaply as well. Its a common tour package.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinner (Post 1288408)

I mean would you like to see prostitution , povertly , Crowed, Garbage etc etc etc. To a great extent i fiund Mumbai to be much better then thailand. Plus not to forget the food, which is not good.

( it can be a paradise for you if you are going singles or with your friend, but with Family... i made that mistake.)

I think you're being a little unfair. I went to Bangkok a couple of years ago and it was great. Pattayya and Phuket are worth visiting too. There are loads of places to go to as well...Perhaps the places you went to were like bad?

Btw Franky, a friend who's sitting next to me says that Hong Kong is very expensive, and that the shopping there is 110% more expensive than Singapore. Something to do with taxes....

Shopping moved out a list longer than 5 years before until you are feeling expensive say Rolex Daytona 18kt gold, else a Patek Phillipe, VAcheron Constantin tourbillon , Else high end Denon, Mark Levinson, Wilson Watt, etc, I doubt the audio items are easily shippable. Read as in a penalty interms of customs (well not aware with Franks ability to moonz with the customs) and excess baggage.

Meanwhile shopping, the low end got lower years ago, no point buying packaged audio for home, India offers the best bargains, both interms of price and warranty.

Addionallly the far east is worth shopping for gold, Singapore alone. Apart from that Hong Kong offers the best of touristy things to an individual from India, Disney, fun, heritage etc. A bit,

The best are the japanese tours, its a once in a life time experience, its expensive, and horribly so.

However that may be out of budget for Frank, hence the islands are the best, you may never know when the oceans take over their turf. RAther go than regret.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinner (Post 1288408)

I saw a lot many families making the same mistake when I was there. But us backpackin teens had a lot of fun there. Phuket is much more family friendly I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by f450 (Post 1288445)
I think you're being a little unfair. I went to Bangkok a couple of years ago and it was great. Pattayya and Phuket are worth visiting too. There are loads of places to go to as well...Perhaps the places you went to were like bad?

Btw Franky, a friend who's sitting next to me says that Hong Kong is very expensive, and that the shopping there is 110% more expensive than Singapore. Something to do with taxes....

Do not under any circumstance take your family to pattaya. :D

Hong Kong was quite expensive stay wise and I recommend TripAdvisor website its a heaven of knowledge. I did feel HK shopping was expensive to good ol Thailand.