Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2009, 19:27   #1
BHPian

Delhi to Kufri - Help

Hi All, Finally decided to go to Kufri this summers with Family. Need your help in Drving directions from Delhi to Kufri and Good and reasonable hotels in Kufri. I know I am going in season, but if anyone knows some good one it will be great help.
Old 8th May 2009, 11:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Hi All, Finally decided to go to Kufri this summers with Family. Need your help in Drving directions from Delhi to Kufri and Good and reasonable hotels in Kufri. I know I am going in season, but if anyone knows some good one it will be great help.
I would recommend the route via Chail. This way you not only by-pass Shimla, you also get to drive on almost a private road with small little dreamy hamlets and perhaps get to see the world's highest recognised cricket pitch. Chail was the summer capital of the Maharaja of Patiala. Take the right turn after Solan to go to Chail.
One last word of caution - Kufri per se has absolutely nothing except snow in winter.
Old 8th May 2009, 13:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yes Kufri has nothing to offer per se except horse sweat stench and crowds like they are in Lajpat Nagar. Instead drive to Junga slightly further off but a dreamy hamlet nonethe less. You can see Kufri enroute. The turnoff after Solan comes at kandaghat and as you approach this small town you can see a road on the other side of the valley. The turn off is immediatley before the town starts, to your right.
Old 8th May 2009, 13:33   #4
BHPian

Kufri visit is recommended only in winters, that too if it had snow fall in last few days.
Old 9th May 2009, 18:24   #5
BHPian

Plan changed to Nainital now

Mods please update the title to Nainital instead off Kufri.
Thanks guys as you all said and some of the close friends too suggested not to choose kufri instead go to Nainital as I have already visited Manali last summers. So guys please help me to best route to Nainital from Delhi. I know I need to take NH24 for that.
And Best hotels to stay and what all to visit.
Old 11th May 2009, 10:27   #6
BHPian

Just came back from Kumoan
I did the Delhi - Nainital run in 4.5 hrs ( 10 min break included) - started at 4.30 am
Mayur Vihar - Hapur Bypass - Moradabad bypass - Bazpur - Kaladungi - Nainital was the route
Old 13th May 2009, 18:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Where is the travelogue and the pictures mate?
Old 13th May 2009, 18:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

I have done that Kandaghat - Chail several times now. Where does Junga come? Any pics?
Old 13th May 2009, 19:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nanital will be no different from Kufri, in terms of crowd. If you still plan to do that, I suggest you stay on some remote places like Ranikhet and do some day trips to Nanital etc.

In case you still have plans for Shimla side, I suggest staying at HPTDC hotel at Fagu, its beautiful place and Shimla, Chail, Kufri etc all within 30-40 minutes drive. Very peaceful place

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
I did the Delhi - Nainital run in 4.5 hrs ( 10 min break included) - started at 4.30 am
4.5 Hrs is very fast. What speed you were doing?
Old 14th May 2009, 12:33   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post

4.5 Hrs is very fast. What speed you were doing?
I dont think i did more than 100-110 kmph over some stretches - also I started from Mayur Vihar so I was straight on the Ghaziabad road - Hapur Bypass, Moradabad Bypass, the Bazpur Kaladungi road were a breeze - the key is starting at 4.30 pm & besides we took just 1 10 min break

while coming back from Nainital to Delhi via the same route took me 7 hrs ( 20 min halt at Bazpur Railway crossing + 30 min dinner break + 2 X 10 min breaks) - we started at 4 pm from Nainital & reached home at 11 pm

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks