Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2009, 11:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mira Road to Taloja

Dear All,

Soon my office is moving to Taloja. I live in Mira Road, Thane and plan to commute daily to this place some where in New Mumbai.

Please suggest the best route that would save as much time as possible. I see that I would have to start from home at 7.00 AM if I have to reach office at 9.00 AM now onwards.
Old 7th May 2009, 11:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Mira Road-Ghodbunder-Thane Majiwade Flyover Junction-Bhiwandi Bypass Road (NH3)-Mumbra Bypass-Bharat Gears factory-Shilphata-Taloja.

Should be around 50 kms or so.
The road from Thane to Taloja was not in good condition sometime ago.
You get ripped off in tolls - Ghodbunder Road, Bhiwandi Bypass, Mumbra Bypass and Shilphata.

Should take you at least 1.5 hours one way.
Traffic is mild in Thane Majiwade till 730 am by which time you should cross that point
Old 7th May 2009, 11:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot HVK. I was expecting this post from you! How was the tour?
Old 7th May 2009, 11:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

My North east drive was great, we did 11,800 kms over 21 days to Sikkhim, Bhutan and Arunachal, ending up with the East-West Drive to Kutch. Photos are uploaded in the thread titled Arunachal Pradesh where some details of the trip are also given.
Old 7th May 2009, 20:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks! I'll see the same ASAP. Any idea if local trains go to Taloja? Or the nearest railway station that I would have to alight at?

Train route?
Old 7th May 2009, 20:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Thanks! I'll see the same ASAP. Any idea if local trains go to Taloja? Or the nearest railway station that I would have to alight at?

Train route?
Taloja is on Konkan Rail route. Diva-Taloja-Panvel. You will have to switch trains at Diva (between Kalyan and Thane, on Central railway Main Line). But I do not think there are regular local services between Diva and Panvel.

Not a viable idea.
Old 7th May 2009, 20:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

In short my life is going to get miserable traveling so much on a daily basis.

Guess I should move to Kharghar!
Old 8th May 2009, 02:43   #8
BHPian

Amtak the best route for you will be Kharghar to taloja. Any other route will make you quit your job, and from what you have posted, that is not an option

Last edited by neofromcapone : 8th May 2009 at 02:44. Reason: typo
Old 8th May 2009, 09:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Amtak the best route for you will be Kharghar to taloja. Any other route will make you quit your job, and from what you have posted, that is not an option
Thanks a lot Capone. Is Taloja closeby from Kharghar? I don't remember so clearly as its been quite some time that I have visited new Bombay. Howz the transport system there? I don't mind taking a train from Kharghar to Thane and then a bus to reach home. However, that is the last option that I have in my mind.
Old 8th May 2009, 10:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

Taloja is around 5 kms from Kharghar. Kharghar has a railway station on the Vashi-Panvel railway line, with locals running between VT and Panvel stopping there. You can take a train from Kharghar to Thane too, but I think you have to switch trains at either Juinagar/Sanpada or Vashi.
Old 8th May 2009, 11:23   #11
BHPian

Amtak,

There a daily train service from Diva to Roha in morning between 9.00 -9.15 (confirm exact time from local time table). It reaches Taloja in 25-30mins. Similarly in evening, there are two train services between 1730-1900. In afternoon between 1300-1400, you can also get Ratnagiri passenger train which will drop you right upto Thane.

Similarly there is Vasai - Diva train service also. I dont know the timing exactly, but if the Vasai-Diva train reaches Diva before 9.00 in morning, it would be best for you since you can alight at Diva and take the Diva-Roha train to Taloja.

Just now checked something very useful to people like you on internet.
Check this link also: There is direct train service from Dahanu-Virar-Vasai-Panvel
Old 8th May 2009, 14:00   #12
BHPian

Amtak, if you can shift to Kharghar, you must. I have travelled from Malad to Nerul, via train (Andheri-bandra/mahim-Wadala-Vashi-Nerul) via road (Malad-Bandra-sion-Vashi-Nerul) & (malad-powai-kanjurmarg-mankurd-vashi-nerul). tried all routes. After a while I just changed jobs. The morning time is peaceful, sometimes bliss. BUT evening is a pain in the wrong place. And then the monsoons will be here.

IMO its not worth spending so much time/effort/energy in commuting, if you can move to kharghar please do so and go to your Mira road residence (if thats where family is) on the week ends.
Old 9th May 2009, 16:18   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Dear All,

Soon my office is moving to Taloja. I live in Mira Road, Thane and plan to commute daily to this place some where in New Mumbai.

Please suggest the best route that would save as much time as possible. I see that I would have to start from home at 7.00 AM if I have to reach office at 9.00 AM now onwards.
Amit, this doesnt sound good. Better to shift anywhere in Navi Mumbai.

The other way could be travel by bus till thane and take a train to khargar. But again it isnt a cakewalk from khargar to taloja as there is no bus going in directly afaik. Is your company providing any kind of transportation till khargar? Then could be better for you.

There is only one Thane Panvel train in the morning for you to get down at Khargar directly which is at 08.05 hrs from thane and 18.51 from panvel.

Otherwise as Mr Kumar said, change at Sanpada, Juinagar or nerul, for there are trains from thane to nerul too.

My two cents

Mansi
Old 9th May 2009, 16:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Amit,

Buy a helicopter - that's the best bet or get a house in Navi Mumbai (as Manaa suggested)

It will be maddening for you to travel from the end of the western line to the end of the harbour line.
Old 10th May 2009, 19:58   #15
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot Manaa, Cap, N_C and Mr. Kumar. I am evaluating options and will keep you posted. As of now, I'll be based out of Ghatkopar office but will soon move to Taloja. May be then I'll move to Panvel.

Most Viewed