Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 14:52   #1

Pune to Bhandardara

Hello ...

I am looking for information on how to get to Bhandardara from Pune. Which are the best roads to take? And any other advice on the drive to Bhandardara.

Am planning to drive to Bhandardara soon.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Shubhs
Old 21st July 2009, 18:49   #2
BHPian

Route from Pune to Bhandardara

All,

I am planning a road trip to Bhandardara in August.

Can you please let me know which is the best route. Yahoo shows NH50 route but is there anyway if I can travel via express way and then exit somewhere to go to Bhandardara?

Please help.

Cheers
Old 21st July 2009, 21:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

The best route is to go on Nasik route and turn off at Sangamaner and go via Akole to Bhandardara.
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:18   #4
BHPian

From Mumbai it is via gothi near igatpuri on the mumbai - nasik road. I think you can also come from sinnar - gothi road. But sure hvkumar is the boss and his directions are the best.
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Bhandardara Dam is 35 kms from Ghoti town (on NH3)
Old 27th July 2009, 11:10   #6

Route Details from Pune to Bhandardara

From Pune to Bhandardara it is about 210 kms. Do not go by what the Google maps and Map my India-s tell you.

There is no such route from Pune to Bhandardara as it shows up on the map sites.

The way to reach Bhandardara from Pune is
1. Take the Pune - Nasik highway. Drive straight past Chakan, Narayangaon etc. Drive all the way to Sangamer.

2. You need to take a left at Sangamer (There is a road just after the ST Stand, ask the locals)

3. From Sangamer it is about 50 kms to Bhandardara via Akola. This road leads to Ghoti, which is on the Mumbai-Nasik road.

4. Keep an eye out for a left turn on the road to Ghoti, which takes you to the Bhandardara resorts.

5. You will find signs on the road at about 40-50 kms before reaching Bhandardara. There is no other indication before that.

Total drive time will be around 5 to 5:30 hours. The roads are excellent till Sangamer. Slightly bad after that. The scenery is 'out of this world' after as you near Bhandardara.
Old 28th July 2009, 12:58   #7
BHPian

Thanks

Thanks Shubhs !

That was really good and detailed information. I was thinking earlier why it takes 5-6 hrs when Yahoo maps show it as 145 kms stretch !

So Did you Enjoy Bhandardara. Though I have read information on net, any first hand tips from you are welcome . I have booked MTDC for 10-12 August ! Hopefully weather will be good.
Old 30th July 2009, 14:29   #8

Hey Pankaj,

Sorry for not posting earlier.

Yeah the maps are worthless. Try driving directions on maps.google.com but add Sangamner in your trip. Pune -> Sangamner -> Bhandardara. This will give you a map that is correct.

Weather is fantastic in Bhandardara. It is cooler than it is here in Pune, you might need a wind-cheater. Now that there has been a month of rains I am sure the dam will have more water.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th July 2009 at 15:04. Reason: Removing personal blog links, please copy paste the relevant content here instead. Thanks
Old 14th August 2009, 17:36   #9
BHPian

Back from Bhandardara

just back from lovely trip to Bhandardara.

Here is an update on route. Well the map given by Google map is perfectly fine. Its just 160 kms from Pune and takes about 4 hrs non-stop.

Route I travelled was like Pune-Narayangaon-Ozar-Otur-Brhmanwada-Kotul-Rajur-Shendi(Bhandardara)

While coming back instead of coming back from Ozar I took Alephata road from Otur and joined NH 50 to Pune from Ale phata.

I will post detailed travelogue with pictures pretty soon

Cheers
Old 14th August 2009, 17:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajP View Post
Route I travelled was like Pune-Narayangaon-Ozar-Otur-Brhmanwada-Kotul-Rajur-Shendi(Bhandardara)
hows road between otur to shendi? any ghat section in this route? hows that ghat?
why had you opted for otur alephata while coming back?
between ozar to otur, which ghat you passed?
good to know that at last someone has traveled on this route

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 14th August 2009 at 17:49.
Old 17th August 2009, 11:37   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
hows road between otur to shendi? any ghat section in this route? hows that ghat?
why had you opted for otur alephata while coming back?
between ozar to otur, which ghat you passed?
good to know that at last someone has traveled on this route
Road from Otur to Shendi is quiet decent. There is one bad patch for about 5-6 kms from Kotul to Rajur. Apart from that its good.

Well while coming back just wanted to try out road from Alephata so came from there. No particular reason as such. Also I had already taken darshan at Ozar ganpati while going so thought of returning from Alephata. The SH2 highway to Alephata is super fine road. Its better than NH 50.
Old 17th August 2009, 14:51   #12

Good to know that there does exist this road. I had spoken to quite a few locals on the way, and co-incidentally all of them mis-led me, I guess.

Looks like I have to go to Bhandardara again, just to try out the new route!
Old 3rd September 2009, 17:53   #13

Hi Guys,
Planning a trip to Bhandardara from Mumbai and thanks to a few BHPians, the route is pretty clear.
But besides MTDC (which is full) and AnandVan (15,000 for 2 days!) is there any other place to say??!!
Old 7th September 2009, 11:28   #14

There are a few local lodges, but I wouldn't recommend that.

This place looked good from the outside ...

Welcome to Resorts in Bhandardara and Hotels in Bhandardara.

You could try their website. It has all the contact details.
Old 8th September 2009, 19:06   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiwayCruzer View Post
Hi Guys,
Planning a trip to Bhandardara from Mumbai and thanks to a few BHPians, the route is pretty clear.
But besides MTDC (which is full) and AnandVan (15,000 for 2 days!) is there any other place to say??!!
Dont even think of going to MTDC. I cancelled my stay there after looking at the state of rooms and the pathetic food quality.

I stayed in Anandvan which is the Best.

There is one more property called Yash Resorts which is also property of Anandvan but its much cheaper (1800 to 3800 per day). Its very close to Anandvan and MTDC abt 400 mts apart.
Their website is Welcome to Resorts in Bhandardara and Hotels in Bhandardara.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks