Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 13:51   #16
BHPian

that hits the final nail, rjstyles I guess, like srikant also mentioned, the entire area anywhere around Nilgiris will be flooded - I'll start thinking of another geographical area
Old 16th July 2009, 16:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Wayanad is one of the most sought after destination as weekend getaway from bangalore and as you can see from other replies, now is perhaps not the best time with all the rains(unless you love sipping hot coffee and enjoy the rain)
Here is a review that made me decide my wayanad trip and also the resort called as "Vythiri resort" Vythiri Resort..in the land of the gods(Wayanad) .... they have put some pics here
Old 16th July 2009, 16:58   #18
BHPian

Heavy Rain , landslide in waynad

Manorama Online Home
Old 16th July 2009, 23:09   #19
BHPian

@ rajshenoy: i've never been to Wayanad and hence was very keen on going. More than sight seeing, would have even preferred to sit by my room and watch it pour! But looks like even getting to some of the places can be quite treacherous - thats what even rajesh mentions.
Anyway, I'll wait until saturday and take a final decision.
Old 17th July 2009, 11:31   #20
BHPian

@royalcruiser

as per media reports, waynad is sort of isolated from the rest of the state due to rain. My advice would be to change your plans
Old 17th July 2009, 15:36   #21
BHPian

yep, been going through some reports. i'm thinkin of Pondy for the moment - sit by the beach and relax
Old 20th July 2009, 11:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Since you had mentioned you were travelling last week end, eager to know whether you took the advice from other BHPians or proceeded as per plan to Wayanad (and how was it if you made the trip)
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:46   #23

Hey the rains have seem to let up a bit, but not sure if this would be the case thru out the week/month. Royalcuriser have you firmed up on pondi ? Wayanad is ultimate place to visit and make sure you have it on your itinerary before end of 2009.

Let us know the experience of pondi if you have already done it

Cheers!
YP
Old 24th July 2009, 23:32   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Since you had mentioned you were travelling last week end, eager to know whether you took the advice from other BHPians or proceeded as per plan to Wayanad (and how was it if you made the trip)
Nope, didnt go as per all the advice I recd. I was supposed to leave this weekend, but actually a coupla places I called had very heavy rains during the week - infact one of the guys claimed that water had even entered his office! Didnt make sense in such conditions :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by manjuyp View Post
Hey the rains have seem to let up a bit, but not sure if this would be the case thru out the week/month. Royalcuriser have you firmed up on pondi ? Wayanad is ultimate place to visit and make sure you have it on your itinerary before end of 2009.

Let us know the experience of pondi if you have already done it

Cheers!
YP
I was a tad disappointed at not being able to drive to Wayanad, but will definitely make it up to that place possibly next month. I've already been to Pondi a coupla times and had kept this option as a backup, but in the end didnt go anywhere this weekend due to some other personal priorities coming up. Will keep you posted when I do any of these trips.

Will be posting my Hassan trip notes shortly ..
Old 24th July 2009, 23:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

Watery Wayand...

My folks will be there for a couple of days starting Monday (27/07), I can post an update for you then..

Meanwhile let some pictures from last week do the talking

Old 24th July 2009, 23:58   #26
BHPian

Please do update me on the situation! The rains have caused quite a havoc this yr .. only wished Blore also got some rain ..
Old 26th August 2009, 16:15   #27
BHPian

Hi mates:

I want to know the current road condition from Bangalore to Waynad.
Information on the best route also would be great.

It is for a friend, she was wondering about the route and road condition ( they are planning to take their new i10), so I offered to help her by getting the latest updates, keeping in mind: our community.

Thanks much,
Old 26th August 2009, 16:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Hi mates:

I want to know the current road condition from Bangalore to Waynad.
Information on the best route also would be great.

It is for a friend, she was wondering about the route and road condition ( they are planning to take their new i10), so I offered to help her by getting the latest updates, keeping in mind: our community.

Thanks much,
Not sure if this is the best route available, still, the route I took was B'lore - Mysore - Nanjangud - Gundulpet - Sultan Bathery - Kalpetta. You don't have to enter Mysore and can take the ring road (just keep following Ooty direction boards). Right after Gundulpet town, take a right.

B'lore to Mysore - 4lane good roads.
Mysore to Nanjangud - Roads after Mysore are in a bad condition. Lots of potholes.
Nanjangud onwards, the roads are good and some road work is also going on. There are some rough patches here and there, but otherwise very driveable.
Old 26th August 2009, 16:30   #29
BHPian

@Unni:

Thank you very much, mate. Will pass on the information.
Old 26th August 2009, 16:37   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
@Unni:

Thank you very much, mate. Will pass on the information.
Most welcome. Oh and if they are looking for some accomodation, there is a Hotel Woodlands, on the left-hand side as you enter Kalpetta town. A good hotel and pretty decent rates. Good restaurant too. I was put up there when I went to Wayanad 2 weeks back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks