Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2009, 13:17   #1
BHPian

Bangalore to Murudeshwar and back without retracing the route?

Hi,

I am heading to Murudeshwar via Shimoga-Jog fall in a few weeks. On the way back, I would like to take some other route and no retrace the earlier route. Any suggestion on the same are welcomed.
Old 18th July 2009, 15:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

If you are going via Jog, am assuming that you will touch Honnavar and come down to Murudeshwar. You can either head back to Bangalore via Udupi / Mangalore or you can also come back via Udupi / Manipal / Agumbe / Sringeri. Am sure Samurai can give you more info as he is from Udupi !
Old 18th July 2009, 15:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Here's the route we did on our way back

Kundapur--Udupi--Manipal--Hebri--Theertahalli--Shimoga--Bhadravati--Tarikere--Birur--Kadur--Arasikere--Tiptur--Gubbi-Tumkur--Nelamangala--Bangalore

My travelogue is here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...kundapura.html
Old 18th July 2009, 16:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

You can come back via Udupi - Manipal - Karkala - Beltangandi - Dharmashthala onto NH48 - Shakleshpur - Hassan - blr.

Abhi
Old 18th July 2009, 16:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

But as per the news in TOI the Shimoga - Mangalore route is not operational due to water on the roads, it is better have a look at the picture in todays times of india.
Old 18th July 2009, 22:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

National highway between teertahalli and shimoag will be closed for few days every year when Tunga dam becomes full and if there is heavy rain. It would very nice drive thru this route in rainy season if water level is near road. Right now road is closed but it would be hide and seek.

Make sure you check or If road is closed you need to come via teertahalli - hosanagara - (highly recomanded safe route in rainy season since there won't be water logging in this route) Aayanur - Shimoga - Bangalore else teertahalli - chikamagalur etc.. alternative routes.

I suggest while coming back try murdeshwara - byndoor - kollur - kodachadri - hosanagara - aayanur - shimoga - Bangalore. Good road except few single lane stretch but hardly any vehicle moment.

Regards,

Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks