Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 17:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore to Kakinada - condition of NH214A

I'm planning a trip to Kakinada from Bangalore, and would appreciate some assistance with the route.

I plan to take the GQ upto Prakasam and thereafter get onto NH214A upto Kakinada.

Is this a better /faster route than going via Vijayawada, Rajamundry ?

Also any advise on good hotels would be of great help.

thanks
Srini
Old 21st July 2009, 17:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

I have been on NH214 (but before the bridge across River Krishna was built) between Avanigadda and Kattipudi, and the road was good but narrow. Now I believe that you can take the NH214 from Ongole via Bapatla to Avanigadda. The route is generally boring.

I think taking NH5 will be faster since you can turn off before Rajahmundry (at Alamaru) and go to Kakinada via Ramachandrapuram.
Old 21st July 2009, 17:20   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
I'm planning a trip to Kakinada from Bangalore, and would appreciate some assistance with the route.

I plan to take the GQ upto Prakasam and thereafter get onto NH214A upto Kakinada.

Is this a better /faster route than going via Vijayawada, Rajamundry ?

Also any advise on good hotels would be of great help.

thanks
Srini
I would say that sticking to GQ as hvkumar had suggested is better idea. I had recently been on this stretch and I felt that it was quite comfortable once you clear Vijayawada city limits. Also, a lot of this depends on your schedule.

And coming to the hotels, where are you looking at these?
Old 21st July 2009, 17:31   #4
Sha
BHPian

Had been to kakinada in Feb but stayed in Rajmundry, there are many route in and around from Rajmundry to Kakinada but I took one route which was good, after Rajmundry around 40-60 KM there is place called Jaggempatta from there you need to take right turn to kakinada which is about 30 KM.
Old 21st July 2009, 17:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
I would say that sticking to GQ as hvkumar had suggested is better idea. I had recently been on this stretch and I felt that it was quite comfortable once you clear Vijayawada city limits. Also, a lot of this depends on your schedule.

And coming to the hotels, where are you looking at these?
Murali,
Hotels in Kakinada. I think I should be able to do the Blr-Kakinada stretch in about 14hrs.
Old 21st July 2009, 18:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the below route is the shortest:

Bangalore-->Vijayawada-->Dowleswaram-->Samalkota-->KAkinada. Comes to around 925kms.
Old 5th August 2009, 11:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Ended up taking Bangalore-chittor-tirupati-nayadupeta-Nellore-ongole-Vijayawada-Ravulapalem-Kakinada.

The 4 laning upto mulbagal, slows you down a lot, after which it is a breeze to drive. NH5 upto Vijayawada has sparse traffic, and could do upto 120kph. Beyond that the cross winds dont give you any comfort to increase speed.

After Vijayawada upto Ravulapalem you encounter pretty aggressive drivers, with scant respect for traffic rules, and a fair bit of traffic. the roads are ok, and you can do decent speeds.

After Ravulapalem, the roads are very narrow, but in good condition upto Kakinada.

This is the best time go visit this part of the country to take in the lush green paddy fields for miles together.. A sight to behold.

Total distance is around 870kms one way.
Old 25th March 2011, 09:00   #8
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Kakinada - condition of NH214A

We are planning to go from Bangalore to Kakinada. Could any one suggest the best route and road conditions? It would be great if we can get the approximate time taken for this travel.
Old 25th March 2011, 10:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Kakinada - condition of NH214A

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydrives View Post
We are planning to go from Bangalore to Kakinada. Could any one suggest the best route and road conditions? It would be great if we can get the approximate time taken for this travel.
Bangalore-Tirupati-Kalahasti-Nayudupeta (NH5)-Nellore-Ongole-Chilakaluripet-Guntur-Vijaywada-Eluru-Ravalupalem-Kakinada.

Lovely 4-laned superfast roads from Nayudupeta onwards.
If you start early morning (say, 4 am), you can be in Kakinada by late evening.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks