Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 11:39   #1
BHPian

Bangalore to Velangini

I am planning a trip next weekend to velangini from bangalore, need directions and road conditions for the same. I plan o leave friday and back on saturday
Old 24th July 2009, 11:48   #2
Sha
BHPian

Route Bangalore-krishnagiri-Thirunamalai-Villipuram-Panruti-chidambram- Karikal- Nagapattinam and Velankani.

road are Ok recently laid tar, only few stretches after panruti is bad but managable.
Old 24th July 2009, 11:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would prefer the Salem route, and then via Namakkal, Karur, Trichy, Thanjavur and Needamangalam.
Old 24th July 2009, 12:07   #4
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I would prefer the Salem route, and then via Namakkal, Karur, Trichy, Thanjavur and Needamangalam.
Thats long, I travel to karikal twice in a month, from bangalore you can do it in 8-9 hours to velankani.
Currently road are good, might change after rains.
Old 24th July 2009, 23:06   #5
BHPian

Bangalore to velankanni details

I have traveled to Velankanni twice and had taken the Trichy/tanjore route for the onward journey and the return was through cuddalore/panruti .

I felt the the route through Tanjore looks better, the roads were in better condition . I had travelled in the month of Jan -2009.

For Hotel accomdation in velankanni You can try in Hotel Seagate or Sea gate resorts .

There is also a MGM resorts in velankanni but it isn't near to the church . I had stayed in Hotel Picnic during my travel and it was undergoing some renovation so there was lot of noise disturbance.

During my first trip i had made a stopover at Tanjore since it was late and we were tired of going further to velankanni .Tanjore to velankanni is around 3 hours approx .

If you need accomdation in Tanjore you could try Hotel Gnanam , very decent and a neat hotel.
Old 25th July 2009, 11:21   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
I have traveled to Velankanni twice and had taken the Trichy/tanjore route for the onward journey and the return was through cuddalore/panruti .

I felt the the route through Tanjore looks better, the roads were in better condition . I had travelled in the month of Jan -2009.

For Hotel accomdation in velankanni You can try in Hotel Seagate or Sea gate resorts .

There is also a MGM resorts in velankanni but it isn't near to the church . I had stayed in Hotel Picnic during my travel and it was undergoing some renovation so there was lot of noise disturbance.

During my first trip i had made a stopover at Tanjore since it was late and we were tired of going further to velankanni .Tanjore to velankanni is around 3 hours approx .

If you need accomdation in Tanjore you could try Hotel Gnanam , very decent and a neat hotel.
thank you Sandeep, any info on upto what time the church is open .
Old 25th July 2009, 23:25   #7
BHPian

Chruch service timing

For the service timing Please refer to

Vailankanni - Liturgical Timings in the Shrine

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks