Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2020, 09:27   #1186
BHPian

The International Air Travel, Airports Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Yes, you can. Visit and business visa for most Schengen countries is one and the same thing.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

My dilemma arises as my wife's German Visa recently came back stamped as Type C Business visa (she visits Germany on business). This has confused us into thinking if there is a separate business visa now introduced.

Mine (2 year old visa) however has no mention of the word business.

Last edited by feluda86 : 13th February 2020 at 09:38.
feluda86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 09:39   #1187
BHPian

re: The Air Travel & Airports Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
Thanks for your prompt reply.

I dilemma arises as my wife's German Visa recently came back stamped as Type C Business visa (she visits Germany on business). This has confused us into thinking if there is a separate business visa now introduced.

Mine (2 year old visa) however has no mention of the word business.

Check if it also says "Besuchs" next to business visa wording. If yes, then it means that it is valid for generic visits as well.
the_skyliner is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 09:49   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Check if it also says "Besuchs" next to business visa wording. If yes, then it means that it is valid for generic visits as well.

No! It just says "geschäftsvisum" and "erwerstatigkeit nicht gestatiet" under remarks which loosely translates to Business visa Employment not allowed.
feluda86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 09:57   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
No! It just says "geschäftsvisum" and "erwerstatigkeit nicht gestatiet" under remarks which loosely translates to Business visa Employment not allowed.

Oh, then you need to call the visa office. But this is news to me. Usually, German consulate issues both, visit and business visa as one visa. May be it is just the wording that is changed and they allow causal visit as well on the same visa.

But you need to call them up and ask, that's the only way to find out for sure.
the_skyliner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 10:46   #1190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My question and dilemma now is can I use this to enter Schengen for tourism with no business purpose?
Quote:
Yes, you can. Visit and business visa for most Schengen countries is one and the same thing.
Yes - you can very much travel with this visa. Give a nice explanation at the Indian immigration desk (presuming at CSI considering you are from Pune). As your issuing country might be different than the POE for tourism, you'll have to make ends meet well for a quick stamp without much explanation.

While the actual stamped visa is same - the purpose for which it is approved on the records is different. So one needs to be smart at the immigration counter at POE.
Generally the immigration officers across the EU are kind & fair ladies & gentlemen. They won't bother you as long as your documents are all valid.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 11:34   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My dilemma arises as my wife's German Visa recently came back stamped as Type C Business visa (she visits Germany on business). This has confused us into thinking if there is a separate business visa now introduced.
My dad has a business visa - max 90 day stay / 2 year validity. You can enter and leave with no problems. However, you need to check on the port of entry as well as ensure this is not her first visit after visa issuance. As long its a subsequent visit, its not an issue.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 12:05   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
My dad has a business visa - max 90 day stay / 2 year validity. You can enter and leave with no problems. However, you need to check on the port of entry as well as ensure this is not her first visit after visa issuance. As long its a subsequent visit, its not an issue.
Thanks a lot.

This will not be the first time for me using that visa. I have used it for business travel to Sweden several times. I have in fact in 2018 used this very visa for tourism purposes also (POE at Bratislava). Just that the comment in the remarks for my wife "Business visa" made me question whether something has changed since the last time.
feluda86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 21:08   #1193
BHPian

If covid-19 devastated aviation.

What if aviation doesn’t recover from covid-19?How the pandemic transformed the travel industry.

An imagined scenario from May 2022

This article in “The Economist” regarding the future of air travel, does give a very bleak picture, and the thing is that its part imaginary but with very real fears that it could turn that way, with pandemic showing no signs of going away any time soon.

Link : https://amp.economist.com/the-world-...rom-covid-19?_
Old 16th July 2020, 12:33   #1194
Senior - BHPian

This is a query for a friend who is in Bangalore and wants to travel to Kuala Lumpur on the 27th of this month on a repatriation flight from Chennai to KL.

He is eligible for the flight and needs to get to Chennai and is planning on doing that by a flight from Bangalore. Since he has to catch the flight from Chennai on the 27th, does it make sense travelling the same day from Blore to Chennai or is there a quarantine period to follow in this case too?

Any inputs would be great.
Old 13th November 2021, 17:50   #1195
BHPian

Reviving this thread to ask a question. Under the current circumstances what price point can be considered as a 'decent' return airfare from India to Europe (say to Paris, Zurich, Amsterdam, Munich etc, non-UK hub airports) . I do not see anything south of 60K per person for next 3-4 months.
kshastry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 19:33   #1196
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshastry View Post
Reviving this thread to ask a question. Under the current circumstances what price point can be considered as a 'decent' return airfare from India to Europe (say to Paris, Zurich, Amsterdam, Munich etc, non-UK hub airports) . I do not see anything south of 60K per person for next 3-4 months.
Since I travel regularly between Bangalore and Frankfurt I can say anything below 55k is a good fare especially if it's with a good carrier. 55-75k is normal and above that is on the expensive side. But there were times when I have gotten Emirates return at 48k but billed to company. Right now until the Indian government removes the stupid ban on international flights it's going to be bad.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 18:32   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I second @audioholic.

Getting anything below 60K INR (remember, the exchange rates have also changed quite a lot) is a steal. Before the pandemic, I could fly Premium Economy for that kind of money on a good carrier, at times. And on a peak season, my organisation obliged for the same class at almost double this amount.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 17:09   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
I can see direct fares starting at 45k from Mumbai/BLR to Paris.

The Air Travel & Airports Discussion Thread-xnip20211115_170820.jpg
Old 25th November 2021, 14:45   #1199
Senior - BHPian

Quick question to travel gurus. If someone has a layover of 19 hours in Dubai, can he take any hotel in the airport premises without a transit visa to the UAE? His company will apparently reimburse the stay.

This apart, if he finds time, can he get a transit visa at the airport to visit the city?

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th November 2021, 00:47   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
I traveled to Italy via Frankfurt in October with Vistara. The cheapest ticket to Frankfurt was about Rs. 32000 (one way). I checked the same flight for travel in December and the price had climbed to Rs. 93000 (one way). You'd be very lucky if you find return tickets for about Rs. 60000 for Europe.

Hoping that the prices will come down soon as the government has allowed regular international flights from next month.
Autonorm is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks