Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:46   #1
BHPian

Route enquiry for Hyderabad to Dharmasthal

Guys,

Need your advice urgently on what the best route to take to reach Dharmasthala from Hyderabad, Any private hotels that you would recommend to stay at Dharmasthala/K.subramanya.

I am contemplating on
Hyd > Mahbubnagar > Raichur > Gangavati > Chitradurga > Shimoga > Dharmasthala.

I am trying to avoid Guntakal > Bellary only because of my ignorance of the road conditions any help is much appreciated
Old 6th December 2017, 23:39   #2
BHPian

Re: Route enquiry for Hyderabad to Dharmasthal

Guyz, Any suggestion on route for Hyderabad-Dharmasthala-Sringeri.

We are starting tomorrow and plan to cover Dharmasthala, Sringeri, Udupi,Murudeshwara.

Starting tomorrow evening and drive all night to Sringeri,then on to Dharmasthala, Udupi and Murudeshwara over the next couple of days. And start driving back to Hyderabad Tuesday afternoon from Gokarna.

Any help regarding the route is much appreciate. Is it better to drive to Dharmasthala first or Sringeri?
Old 7th December 2017, 01:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

My suggestion is to take this route, Hyderabad-Penukonda-Chikkaballapura-Doddaballapura-Gudemaranahalli-Kunigal-Hassan-Shiradi Ghat-Dharmasthala. The roads are in good condition up to Sakleshapur, Shiradi ghat-Dharmasthala roads are like bad to average. The ideal breakpoints will be at Chikkaballapura and Channarayapatna. The evening darshan timing starts at 5:00 pm, after this I suggest staying at Dharmasthala overnight. Start early morning on Saturday to Horanadu-Sringeri and then visit Udupi, stay at Udupi overnight. Plan to complete Murudeshwara and Gokarna on Sunday. Take the Hubballi-Bagalkot-Sindagi-Jevargi-Kalburgi-Humnabad-Zaheerabad-Hyderabad route for the return journey. Although this is the longest route, the roads are better compared to other options.
Attached Thumbnails
Route enquiry for Hyderabad to Dharmasthal-hyddhsl.jpg  

Route enquiry for Hyderabad to Dharmasthal-dhsludp.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 7th December 2017 at 02:19.
Old 7th December 2017, 08:27   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
My suggestion is to take this route, Hyderabad-Penukonda-Chikkaballapura-Doddaballapura-Gudemaranahalli-Kunigal-Hassan-Shiradi Ghat-Dharmasthala. The roads are in good condition up to Sakleshapur, Shiradi ghat-Dharmasthala roads are like bad to average. The ideal breakpoints will be at Chikkaballapura and Channarayapatna. The evening darshan timing starts at 5:00 pm, after this I suggest staying at Dharmasthala overnight. Start early morning on Saturday to Horanadu-Sringeri and then visit Udupi, stay at Udupi overnight. Plan to complete Murudeshwara and Gokarna on Sunday. Take the Hubballi-Bagalkot-Sindagi-Jevargi-Kalburgi-Humnabad-Zaheerabad-Hyderabad route for the return journey. Although this is the longest route, the roads are better compared to other options.

Thanks for the suggestions. How is the route Hyd-Ananthpur- Bhadravati-Sringeri/Dharmasthala?
Old 7th December 2017, 09:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Route enquiry for Hyderabad to Dharmasthala

It will consume time and land you at inconvenient timings. The roads are not as good as the highways of BLR- HYD and BLR-HSN.

Last edited by deehunk : 7th December 2017 at 09:27.
Old 7th December 2017, 09:45   #6
BHPian

Re: Route enquiry for Hyderabad to Dharmasthala

Quote:
It will consume time and land you at inconvenient timings. The roads are not as good as the highways of BLR- HYD and BLR-HSN.
Yes, I think that makes sense. My only worry is that the route suggested by you is 150kms more.
arun_kun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 10:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

I first thought of suggesting the Kurnool-Guntakal-Bellary-Dharmasthala route, but you will slow down after Gooty. The stretch between Hiriyur to CKM is a single road without dividers. There are no decent options to take a break until Kadur. There will be traffic on NH44 till you reach Kurnool, thereafter it is a very comfortable drive till Chikkaballapura. The road from Chikkaballapura to Doddaballapura is in decent condition. There is road work in progress between Doddaballapura and Dabaspete, still manageable in the morning. Maps work without any issues on this route. I have shared the directions from CBP to Kunigal. Have a safe journey.

Check this thread where people update road conditions bypassing Bangalore while coming from Hyderabad.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...galore-28.html
Attached Thumbnails
Route enquiry for Hyderabad to Dharmasthal-cbpkngl.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 7th December 2017 at 11:00.
Old 7th December 2017, 11:15   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Yes, I think that makes sense. My only worry is that the route suggested by you is 150kms more.
Quote:
I first thought of suggesting the Kurnool-Guntakal-Bellary-Dharmasthala route, but you will slow down after Gooty. The stretch between Hiriyur to CKM is a single road without dividers.
I second the deehunk's opinion here. The road from Bellary to Hiriyur is very tiring.
It's better to do an extra 150 km on HYD-BLR highway than taking Bellary route.
Also, the Kurnool - Bellary route via Aspari and Alur is in a very bad condition. Roads are very narrow and it will eat away your travel time. Need not to mention the tiredness to the fellow passengers!
autospeaker is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks