Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 18:59   #1
BHPian

Trichur - Chennai great roads/good timing

hi all,

am jus back to chennai after a vacation in kerala for this onam.. What surprised me this time is the time it took to reach chennai. we started from trichur(near guruvayoor) at 4:30am and was at chennai(thiruvanmiyur) 1:50pm..

the route taken was trichur>palghat>coimbatore>avinashi>bhavani>mettur >mecheri>thoppur>dharmapuri>krishnagiri>vellore>ch ennai
the trichur palghat stretch is little bad with patchwork..else the route is fine including the state highways.Bhavani to thopur is state highway.jus to be aware of a couple of speed breakers on the SH. Could maintain speeds of 110kmph throughout the NH.

I have been driving down to kerala for the past 12 years but this is the first time we made it so soon(9 1/2 hrs). Something like breakfast in kerala and lunch in chennai. this included breaks for fuel filling and rest room, a total of 4 breaks..

The toll charges came upto Rs 200(one way).

Have anybody takenr this route and is it normal for this sort of timing..
i have taken this route for the past three times. Previously we used the villupuram>ulundurpet>kallakurichi route. it would take atleast not less than 11 hours.
Old 8th September 2009, 21:06   #2
BHPian

From what i know of , its pretty much normal if you drive quite spiritedly(not necessarily all the way). Private buses take minimum 12 hrs i guess. What car do u drive?

I know of my relative who had drived down to palghat from chennai in 8 hrs! But then he drives an Accord v6! !!
Old 9th September 2009, 09:27   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakumarkp View Post
From what i know of , its pretty much normal if you drive quite spiritedly(not necessarily all the way). Private buses take minimum 12 hrs i guess. What car do u drive?

I know of my relative who had drived down to palghat from chennai in 8 hrs! But then he drives an Accord v6! !!

i drive an ikon flair.

acoord v6 is a different league altogether.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks